The Back Room

stevepole

Ah, bugger, I feel like a wuss. I've jsut delivered my nephews kitten and I feel all choked up, even though the little one is right here with me for a few days. I know I'ma break down in tears on the car ride home..

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Ok...

Height:Speed

539 : 0

529.2 : 9.8

480.2 : 29.4

441 : 39.2

392 : 49

333.2 : 58.8

264.6 : 68.6

186.2 : 78.4

98 : 88.2

0 : 98

So 98 m/s*1 Tonnes = 98,000 newton = 9.9932188871837 Tonnes

To reach 1,000 Meters per second you would need a 51,753.8 meter drop. (approximate, since gravity isn't 9.8 exactly)

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Sorry, I managed to mix up two different calculations in my head when reversing them to get the duration of the fall, using the t² from the distance calculation while working with the velocity one, and I don't even have a clue as to why I decided to make my own mock distance calculation when the easy one was right there.

And the distance the 1 tonne object would have to fall through a vacuum to have an impact of 1,000 tonnes would be exactly 50,968.4m according to the calculations (since Earth's gravity is 9.81), though this number is effectively grossly inaccurate due to the fact that this is halfway into space (according to non-American standard), and Earth's gravity is about 9.7 at that height.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Yay, my schedule came in...wait a cotton pickin minute...this is a list

[hide= My list]Physics (WHAT?! I'm smart enough for this class????)

Intro to Sociology (meh...)

Photoshop 1 and 2 (probably going to be interning instead of doing class work...already took the classes)

Creative Writing 1 (Took this already)

Intro to Art (boring...)

History of graffiti (um no)

English (can't fail this this year)

Gym (gonna ace and fail this at the same time)

Adobe Flash (YES!!!!!)

Accounting (useful)

Algebra 2 (noooooo!!!! I passed this already!!!!)

Calligraphy (-groans- not again...)[/hide]

How in the world did I manage to get physics....

Not much in the way of classes for my final year of required school...

Physics?

How have you not taken Physics yet? Does your school only have it at higher levels?

Your schedule looks seriously messed up, do you even have an SS class on there? You should ask someone about it, I had to go through roughly a dozen schedule changes last year myself because I left it until school started.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Your schedule looks seriously messed up, do you even have an SS class on there?

This is where being a history buff is a negative.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schutzstaffel

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Physics?

How have you not taken Physics yet? Does your school only have it at higher levels?

Your schedule looks seriously messed up, do you even have an SS class on there? You should ask someone about it, I had to go through roughly a dozen schedule changes last year myself because I left it until school started.

Well I haven't taken physics either. :)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Physics isn't a required science course at my school.

I wasn't interested in any of the government classes since I've met the requirement for SS/history.

I've fifilled all my graduation requirements except for English and Gym (4 years of each).

All my classes I have now (besides English and gym) were given to me just to fill in the gaps I have.

Though....I think I was given physics because I nearly flunked Chemistry....

I don't understand the system. Some of the things you said that you didn't want to do, did you select these and realise that you've made a mistake or are they random selections? It seems strange to redo courses that you've already passed or courses that you're not happy about doing.

qTLQRuS.png

I'm just going to sit right here, not understanding shit and laughing my ass off at how complicated the American school system is.

We just choose a line of education, get divided into classes and then we're told our schedules, with optional extra classes to take if we wish to continue into a university or get an engineering degree if we chose a vocational line instead of a study prep one.

Examples of such extra classes is the newer history I'm leaving for right now, and the Nynorsk ([bleep]ing fabricated dialect that no one speaks) I've got on Wednesday so that I can continue my education in an university, or extra math for those who wish to become engineers.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

That seems like a terrible system.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

The world is divided into people who think they are right.

~ Unknown

Very wise person, there.

The system pretty much comes down to:

The basics (Ages 5-13)

General education, but you have a choice of what to take (14-17, varying levels of freedom depending on what your school offers)

Specialize in something, with general education on the side (Optional, 18+)

That seems like a terrible system.

Not really. You get to choose education based on what you want to become, but you don't have to worry about choosing the right classes to graduate.

If you wan't to work as early as possible, but for respectable pay, you take two years vocational and become an intern for two years in that field, or you take three years vocational and go right to becoming an actual employee somewhere.

If you want further education, you take three years study prep and continue into university, or you take three years vocational with some extra classes to have a basis in a more specific field before joining an university.

If you want to become an engineer, you take three years in either, with extra math if you chose vocational, before joining a college.

This is our alternative to high school, being for ages 16-19.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

+ 1 point for landing a direct hit with a shoe while half sick

I can't wait to graduate. Now I just need to get a valid job.

Nice throwing arm. Did you aim with satellite imaging?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Bah. Can someone explain how I managed to both break my wris[bleep]ch and hurt my palm from being catapulted off a kick scooter?

EDIT: Seriously, they've forgot to at [bleep] to the censor exception list when it's in the word wrist-watch?

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

That's really foolish. I should go and play some dang Xbox games..

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Mmm. Man. Infinite Undiscovery is so much fun, it's just so difficult to get back into it.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]