The Back Room

stevepole

That is such a damnfool way of dropping a hint, mather. Also my computer is now broken and I can't use it for anything. So I'll be out of Nimbus and Crossroads for a while.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

==> GA: have your eye twitch uncontrollably before scrolling away from the photo of your friend.

The Equius attempt was better...just saying Mather... And for the sake of the Internet, please stop assuming I see everything you post.

Speaking of cosplaying, I can't find any character from anything and everything anime/comic/manga/game I could get away with cosplaying as.

Not good considering the fact that I want to compete in my school's talent show and appear at an anime convention... And the fact my sister and I are planning on making a video soon... And Halloween (my favorite holiday besides Christmas)

[hide=reminder to self]will edit this post to change the color of some of the text. iPod fail. Also will delete this [/hide]

Homestuck is hardly the internet mather... Have you considered cutting your hair and getting a real job, damned long haired hippy. You could try growing out a beard, or growing dreads, or talking to girls, or a host of other possibilities. What I'm saying is, you've got other options but dying your hair.

However, if you simply must do something, I vote facial tattoo, something that shows that you have a sense of humor, like a monkey's [wagon] around your eye or something similar to that. Just think of how many conversations that would start!

LNYvk.png

However, if you simply must do something, I vote facial tattoo, something that shows that you have a sense of humor, like a monkey's [wagon] around your eye or something similar to that. Just think of how many conversations that would start!

And how many jobs you'll never get! :lol:

He does have a point though, there are better things that you could do if you wanted to avoid being forgettable.

And how many jobs you'll never get! :lol:

He does have a point though, there are better things that you could do if you wanted to avoid being forgettable.

Says the guy who's never worked a day at the local carnival...

Addendum to the list:

Act memorably, be funny, not frightened!

Actually be funny, it's worth more than you'd think.

Don't be a total prick, unless she's into that sort of thing

Do your homework, find out what makes people laugh (and then push their funny buttons like you're a kid with ADD playing xbox live)

Be good at metaphors

Make people laugh, alternatively make other people cry

Moonwalk everywhere, everywhere

Utter only in terms most archaic

Openly stare at cleavage, drool a bit too

Adopt a whimsical manner

Get a pet monkey named bubbles

Get a puppy

Get a hybrid between a chimp named bubbles and a weiner dog

Get a mail order bride

Get a prostitute

Get a STD! (Again, think of the ice breakers!)

Become sociable

Get a parrot that only talks in obscenities and name it Mr [bleep]-tooth

The list goes on and on!

• Like 1
LNYvk.png

I came here to post some nonsensical drivel, but then Grim.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Homestuck is hardly the internet mather... Have you considered cutting your hair and getting a real job, damned long haired hippy. You could try growing out a beard, or growing dreads, or talking to girls, or a host of other possibilities. What I'm saying is, you've got other options but dying your hair.

Not gonna cut or alter the texture of my hair, long smooth hair is part of my identity. Also I am in the process of growing a beard.

What I'm lacking is not memorable traits, it's memorable features. I don't need help to make girls like me, I need help to make them talk to me.

After all, if these were standing alone, who would you talk to?

-An average guy with long hair.

-A long-haired guy who acts like an idiot.

-A guy with long, dyed hair.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Try talking to them?

Not gonna cut or alter the texture of my hair, long smooth hair is part of my identity. Also I am in the process of growing a beard.

What I'm lacking is not memorable traits, it's memorable features. I don't need help to make girls like me, I need help to make them talk to me.

It could work you know...

LNYvk.png

As could the idea I got 24 hours ago; dyeing my hair with my own blood, but that doesn't make it any less stupid.

I'm not gonna do anything that is not me, that is equal to lying, which is also not me. And in those terms, dyeing my hair with my own blood is actually a better idea, since at least that messed up brain of mine wants to do.

I'm not gonna get:

• A body mod.
  • A piercing.
  • An impulse tattoo.
  • Any new habits.
  • Any tight-fitting or feminine clothes.
  • Anything that changes the shape or texture of my hair.
  • Anything that strikes myself as unsightly.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

That list is a tad exacting... Have you considered gelling your hair into spikes? I'm sure that you could get some pretty massive ones, and if you can look natural in it, like it 'aint no thang, people will think you're confident. I would advise against the whole dying your hair with your own blood for a couple of reasons.

1) Blood smells horrible once it dries and sits for a day or two in any quantity

2) It's fairly sticky once it dries so there's that (your hair won't be silky is what I'm saying, mostly matted actually)

3) You pretty much wouldn't be able to shower, or the pint of blood that you just used to dye your hair would come off

5) Getting the blood is kind of difficult

4) You have no way of keeping your instruments sterile (infections aint fun)

6) You may only attract attention from vampires or stray dogs (I don't know your fetishes, this may be what you want)

7) It's not a good conversation ploy "Hey what's your hair dyed with "human blood"

8) You'll look paler than usual after your impromptu blood draw

9) You may be investigated by the local constabulary

10) It's fine to be a little weird or eccentric, what you're talking about is "HOLY SHIT HONEY GET THE KIDS, THE NEIGHBORS ARE GOING LORD OF THE FLIES ON OUR ASSES"

Oh, another idea for your hair (I know that it alters the shape of it, but be open minded). Use sculpting gel to (wait for it...) turn your head into a pterodactyl with a can of hair spray and a lighter rigged to its mouth! Think of the conversations it could cause! Like "Mother of [bleep]ing god, is that a pterodactyl on your head?" or "Hey [wagon] you just set my dog/hair/body/apartment on fire, what are you gonna do about it?" (the answer is nothing by the way, if the [bleep] don't like how you and your fire breathing ptero-hair roll, then burn her, she wasn't worth your time anyways) or "Sir, this is the police, please remove the incendiary device from your forehead"

LNYvk.png

After all, if these were standing alone, who would you talk to?

-An average guy with long hair.

-A long-haired guy who acts like an idiot.

-A guy with long, dyed hair.

The guy who isn't a manic Norwegian

Though, seeing as you live in Norway... I'd have to go with option #2.

I'll admit I'm biased against dyeing, since my naturally nice hair is the one static point in my fluctuating overblown ego, but it isn't usually a good idea.

If you do decide on option #3, before you do anything else, post the colour of the dye (as in, a picture of the bottle itself), an example of the colour you want your hair to be, and every step you intend to take before and after you put in the dye. There are simple ways, but you shouldn't trust yourself to find them, as a dye job is a process easy to botch catastrophically, especially for someone with long hair.

Whatever your choice, I suggest you belay the beard. Unless you want to do something really complicated and at least slightly comedic involving dyeing your facial hair too, which you really shouldn't for your first time, a blonde/brown beard is just not something that should go with dyed hair. At least, I've never seen it, and I can't see it working in the least.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

That list is a tad exacting... Have you considered gelling your hair into spikes? I'm sure that you could get some pretty massive ones, and if you can look natural in it, like it 'aint no thang, people will think you're confident. I would advise against the whole dying your hair with your own blood for a couple of reasons.

1) Blood smells horrible once it dries and sits for a day or two in any quantity

2) It's fairly sticky once it dries so there's that (your hair won't be silky is what I'm saying, mostly matted actually)

3) You pretty much wouldn't be able to shower, or the pint of blood that you just used to dye your hair would come off

5) Getting the blood is kind of difficult

4) You have no way of keeping your instruments sterile (infections aint fun)

6) You may only attract attention from vampires or stray dogs (I don't know your fetishes, this may be what you want)

7) It's not a good conversation ploy "Hey what's your hair dyed with "human blood"

8) You'll look paler than usual after your impromptu blood draw

9) You may be investigated by the local constabulary

10) It's fine to be a little weird or eccentric, what you're talking about is "HOLY SHIT HONEY GET THE KIDS, THE NEIGHBORS ARE GOING LORD OF THE FLIES ON OUR ASSES"

Oh, another idea for your hair (I know that it alters the shape of it, but be open minded). Use sculpting gel to (wait for it...) turn your head into a pterodactyl with a can of hair spray and a lighter rigged to its mouth! Think of the conversations it could cause! Like "Mother of [bleep]ing god, is that a pterodactyl on your head?" or "Hey [wagon] you just set my dog/hair/body/apartment on fire, what are you gonna do about it?" (the answer is nothing by the way, if the [bleep] don't like how you and your fire breathing ptero-hair roll, then burn her, she wasn't worth your time anyways) or "Sir, this is the police, please remove the incendiary device from your forehead"

Sculpting gel is such a hassle and it takes hours to get it out afterwards. Not to mention that with the sheer mass if hair I have, sufficient gel would cost a fortune.

The guy who isn't a manic Norwegian

Though, seeing as you live in Norway... I'd have to go with option #2.

I'll admit I'm biased against dyeing, since my naturally nice hair is the one static point in my fluctuating overblown ego, but it isn't usually a good idea.

If you do decide on option #3, before you do anything else, post the colour of the dye (as in, a picture of the bottle itself), an example of the colour you want your hair to be, and every step you intend to take before and after you put in the dye. There are simple ways, but you shouldn't trust yourself to find them, as a dye job is a process easy to botch catastrophically, especially for someone with long hair.

Whatever your choice, I suggest you belay the beard. Unless you want to do something really complicated and at least slightly comedic involving dyeing your facial hair too, which you really shouldn't for your first time, a blonde/brown beard is just not something that should go with dyed hair. At least, I've never seen it, and I can't see it working in the least.

I'm gonna have the dyeing done by a hairdresser if I can, shouldn't be too expensive seeing as the competition must be fierce since half the businesses here are hair salons (I'm not even kidding, there are at least twice as many hair salons as there are shops).

And my beard isn't gonna make an issue, it still refuses to grow thick enough to get any visible color.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Forget everything I said.

Pterodactyl.

Do it.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Student council is biased!!!!!!!!!!

I hate student council, I'll never be one of those stuck up, non-listening, SOABs!!!!!!!

:( they're the reason I'm not allowed to do Senior/Freshman buddy night... (it's a tour 1st year students take led by the 4th year students, and is considered a tradition at my school)

I was in the student council in primary school and was in it all through secondary school. In England I'm pretty sure that it's a legal requirement or is something that the LEA's compel schools to do. Basically, the school council in my school gave us a choice of whether we wanted a new bench or a new drinking fountain. The drinking fountain had to be filled up using the school council budget. Anything that the school couldn't afford was taken out of the school council. Ugh, absolute waste of time.

The two school councils that I have been in (from Primary and Secondary) were just a sort of tradition in the same vein as the current monarchy but without anything nice except for spending half a lunch time speaking about pipedream things.

I remember that the first time I wanted to get into the school council I put up massive A2 posters everywhere telling people to vote for me whereas other people just put up hand-drawn A4 pieces of paper. I offered people freddo chocolate bars (which my mother bought cases of) and offered to hand them out to anybody who voted for me. When the school told me that I wasn't allowed to do this I just handed them out to everybody who said they were going to vote for me.

And also, a 'council' is one of the worst ways to make decisions especially across a board of children. It just turns into one person giving a good idea, the entire council agreeing with that idea and then somebody else doing the same idea and have them completely forget about the last idea. There's no sort of consensus, it's just the loudest (or the chairman) wins.

Also, TF2 trading can be super intense. Somebody offered to buy the nine-pipe problem off of me which according to the spreadsheet online that determines prices costs 2-4 ref. I decided that I wanted 3 refined. I wanted to be paid in metal and not strange weapons (standard weapons which have kill counters on them) which I would have to sell. He was offering 2 refined, 1 reclaimed and then a strange (which can be up to 2 reclaimed metals depending on its type but it takes a long time to find a trade and it's just not worth the effort) so I asked for 3 refined metal (3 rec = ref) but he was insistent that he gives me a strange instead of 2 reclaimed metal. I offered that he give me 3 refined, 2 reclaimed and one strange and I just refused to accept any other offers. Anyway, he accepted the trade and I got what I wanted (2 refined, 2 reclaimed, 1 strange) and the he added me as a friend and said this to me.

qo5HP.png

What's buddy night, Leiana? It sounds similar to something that my primary school had.

qTLQRuS.png

Yeah, the student council isn't really any sort of important board, and I didn't exactly get elected because of popularity. I was the only one in my class who didn't mind it at all, and I only won with one vote over the guy who wanted the position the least.

But still it gives me a chance to get to know a few other people, if only a handful, and it increases the hilarity of a hair color that is as if taken straight out of an anime.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Nere, Senior Freshman buddy night is simply groups of first year (Aka freshman) students being led around the school in a 15 minute tour. The fourth year (senior) students lead each group of first years up and down halls as well as visit some of the rooms throughout the school.

In essence, it's really just the longer version of a school tour for the incoming first years held earlier in the previous school. The smaller tour is manditory since (in my town) we have a few other schools we can choose to go to.

[hide=For those not really familiar with the American schools nowadays: ]

Pre-school is for toddlers, it's really just playtime all day in a room full of kids you don't know.

Kindergarten is for 4-5/almost 6 year olds, also mostly playtime, but basic skills are taught (ex: alphabet, numbers ect)

Grade school is roughly years 1-5, depending on what town/state your in. Ages 6- 10/11 years old (roughly)

Middleschool is years 6-8 (again roughly due to where one lives). Ages 10/11-13

Highschool is years 9-12, ages 13/14-18.

I never went to preschool, and I'm among the younger students of the class of 2013, thus why my information is rough and not absolute. [/hide]

Due to the fact my sister will be joining me at my school this year, I ask pardon ahead of time in case if I sound really rude/angry/emotional in a bad way.

I don't need help to make girls like me, I need help to make them talk to me.

And I got elected to student council. Dyeing my hair will now either be unnecessary or all the more hilarious.

I was the only one in my class who didn't mind it at all, and I only won with one vote over the guy who wanted the position the least.

From this we can only assume you are going to pass an ordiance requiring girls to talk to you...

Although if there are any girls on the school council, and they were elected by the same mechanism as you, one can assume you would have at least that in common with them...

As for dying your hair in the style of an anime character...It would probably 'hilarious' in the way that everyone else goes 'Idiot' under there breath and maybe says 'Oh, thats neat' to your face.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Welp, my computer isn't malfunctioning as badly as last night, but I on't know if it'll last. Don't expect me at the sessions for a while unless I say it's all good.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]