The Back Room

stevepole

Did I say you were tramuatised?

I think my inference was "You are loney and looking for people to talk to, preferably people who don't criticise you, and especially people who you can feel superiour to."

All methods have a degree of success...

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Relationships are a good idea at most ages...They allow people to have a relationship, and learn all about it.

On the other hand having a relationship can skew your perspective by quite a considerable degree, and it can be impossible to recover your previous perspective...though if you had a bad perspective that is obviously good =P

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Mmm. I think we should drop the topic. After all this time, and all these arguments.. Mather won't get it. I feel as though it's best to just let it go and ignore it from now on.. If it [bleep]s him up later in life, then maybe he'll pay attention to this kind of stuff.

Anyways, quick topic change. Has anyone here played Journey?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

It looks pretty friggen amazing. I want to play it but I doubt I'll have the money for it any time soon. Oh well.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

This whole conversation is ridiculous.

EDIT: I previously posted that I thought relationships at that age were pointless.

What age? 18? If you ask me, ages 16-25 would be the perfect time to start lifelong relationships.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I just fail to see the reason why you're wanting a girlfriend, it seems that you just want a girlfriend for the street cred. It's not as if you're specifically targeting a certain girl, you're just indiscriminately trying to find a girlfriend for no reason which is useless at this age. If you were 25 and didn't have a girlfriend then it would be acceptable to say 'maybe I should get looking' but at this age there is no real reason to be actively searching. I'd agree that if it was somebody specific than it's okay but this girlfriend hunt seems a bit pointless to me.

I'd recommend you make some more life-long friends instead of wasting your time with temporary relationships. It's a lot harder for males to make new friends when they're older than women which is one of the reasons why the suicide rate for men is often a lot higher.

Also, in my school of about a thousand people I've got a pretty good knowledge of who everybody is. Even if you're school/college is bigger I'm sure that you would have found a girl that shared your interests by now (even if she doesn't wear homestuck t-shirts). Since you haven't found a girl that shares your interests and that actually want to have as a girlfriend.

Why on earth would you include 16-18 in your time to include long-term relationships. If you just wait till university you'll be with a bunch of people who share your academic interests and are more intelligent than the people you'll get at a school. I plan to start having a girlfriend at the end of my future university course since we'll both obviously share the same academic interests but it wouldn't be too bad to choose somebody from a different course (specifically maths or physics)

Also, remember that a girlfriend is likely not going to help you with your schooling. A girlfriend could distract you from being the best you could be and that temporary relationship that you choose to have may have a massive detrimental affect on your future career options.

Also, if I were a girl I would actively avoid anybody who dyes their hair. Especially if it's an unnatural colour such as blue like you were thinking about. When I see males with dyed hair they either look like they're trying too hard or they're at a fancy dress party. Also, I'm with Grim and Nex about cutting your hair; short hair is a manly trait which is very attractive.

qTLQRuS.png

No reason: Not true, mental stability is a very valid reason.

School size: ~160 students.

Girlfriend = worse grades: I don't study outside of school, all my work is done in class

Blue hair: That was Archi's suggestion, my preference is still red.

Cut hair: Short hair is for conform [kitties]. Short hair = Trying to look manly. Medium hair = Neutral. Long hair = unafraid.

In the end, who's more manly; the guy who keeps his hair short to confirm his manhood or the guy who doesn't give a shit and isn't afraid of what people think? Who do you think is more easily frightened; a jock or a metalhead?

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

And I will point out that conversations about who blocked who and why they did are not exactly productive, but just lead to recriminations.

On the contrary, having blocked Mather strikes me as an extremely productive step. And the new user interface has made it easier than ever!

@Earth: I thought Journey was only for the PS3?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

160 students and you still haven't found a girl with similar interests. I don't understand why you're wasting your time trying to attract girls who don't share your interests and who you clearly wouldn't select as girlfriends.

I didn't say that they would be actively detrimental to your schooling but they're not going to help at all.

Long red-dyed hair is the most feminine hairstyle I could think of short of putting flowers in it.

Metalheads shouldn't be role models for you, they're a counter-culture. You can't say who is going to be more frightened but I'm assuming that somebody who's decided to change themselves and their style in a desperate attempt to get friends rather than somebody who's been training their body to peak physical perfection because they enjoy it.

The person who is more manly is the person with normal hair because he's not trying to prove anything by going to extremes of fashion?

qTLQRuS.png

No reason: Not true, mental stability is a very valid reason.

School size: ~160 students.

Girlfriend = worse grades: I don't study outside of school, all my work is done in class

Blue hair: That was Archi's suggestion, my preference is still red.

Cut hair: Short hair is for conform [kitties]. Short hair = Trying to look manly. Medium hair = Neutral. Long hair = unafraid.

In the end, who's more manly; the guy who keeps his hair short to confirm his manhood or the guy who doesn't give a shit and isn't afraid of what people think? Who do you think is more easily frightened; a jock or a metalhead?

220px-Metal%27s_not_dead.jpg

Metalhead.

Also

Authenticity

In the musical subcultures of heavy metal and punk, the word "poseur" (or "poser") is a pejorative term used to describe "a person who habitually pretends to be something he/she is not."[8] In a 1993 profile of heavy metal fans' "subculture of alienation", the author noted that the scene classified some members as "poseurs," that is, heavy metal performers or fans who pretended to be part of the subculture, but who were deemed to lack authenticity and sincerity.[9] Jeffrey Arnett's 1996 book Metalheads: Heavy Metal Music and Adolescent Alienation argues that the heavy metal subculture classifies members into two categories by giving "...acceptance as an authentic metalhead or rejection as a fake, a poseur."[10]

RIP Dawngate ;-;

That's a poser, not a metalhead. Metalheads are people such as half my class last year, because you know, they are actually in metal bands and hold concerts. Furthermore I never stated that I am a metalhead, I used that as a comparison because they're the only subculture where males with long hair are predominant.

Nef, why don't you try recalling 48 hours ago, when I specifically stated that I'm talking about actual red, not the haircolor red.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I hate to get involved with this, but I think you're going about it the wrong way. You'll probably have better luck if you aim for a relatively normal look and make an effort to talk to the girl.

No offense, but I don't see this whole "Dye your hair red" thing doing much.

ON A COMPLETELY UNRELATED NOTE: (CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!)

Airline food, what's up with that?

Has anyone read "Waiting for Godot"? We're reading it in my English class (as well as Hamlet, whee doubling up plays) and I'd like to have someone else's take on it, as I feel... conflicted about it.

LNYvk.png

No, that is highlights and dark, purplish red, aka. wine.

Actual red looks gender neutral at worst, masculine at best. Because while redheads with their orange tinge may be predominantly female, pinkish reds are common colors for girls in animes and wine is a typical grandma haircolor, red still remains a guys' color as is a fact embedded in our heads from childhood.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

EDIT: Don't try searching for jock on google images, I'm fairly certain all of the results I got were actually for jock strap.

I found that out rather abruptly while trying to be witty in that one post a few minutes ago.

Also, I suggest you not base your appearance on anime characters, especially from Toaru, what with every character in it being some degree of effeminate.

ON A COMPLETELY UNRELATED NOTE: (CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!)

Airline food, what's up with that?

Has anyone read "Waiting for Godot"? We're reading it in my English class (as well as Hamlet, whee doubling up plays) and I'd like to have someone else's take on it, as I feel... conflicted about it.

Nope.

RIP Dawngate ;-;