The Back Room

stevepole

From this we can only assume you are going to pass an ordiance requiring girls to talk to you...

Although if there are any girls on the school council, and they were elected by the same mechanism as you, one can assume you would have at least that in common with them...

As for dying your hair in the style of an anime character...It would probably 'hilarious' in the way that everyone else goes 'Idiot' under there breath and maybe says 'Oh, thats neat' to your face.

Your second attempt there was closer. It's that I am usually never a part of any small group of people of mixed genders.

And with how people react to the color, that's where cultures differ. While we may not have that many people that go completely wacko with their fashion statements, small degrees of wacko are completely accepted here. For instance it is not uncommon for goths to also be among the most popular, and metalhead clothing ranging from shirts depicting gore to chains, spikes and black trenchcoats are everyday sights at school here.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

*Shrugs* If people accept it then I don't really get why you are talking about it.

If it isn't a big deal then just dye your hair, people you already know will go 'You have dyed your hair' and unless you have a responce that isn't 'Yes, I dyed my hair so we would have something to talk about' I can't imagine it would have any more of an effect than if I wore a blue shirt.

I can't really imagine a random girl walking across a room and saying "You don't know me and I don't know you, but I noticed that, since yesterday, your hair has changed colour, do you want to talk about homestuck?"

An Iron on transfer (To your shirt/trenchcoat/whatever) would convey the message far more easily, and best of all you could change your shirt occassionaly...

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I suppose I can understand Norwegians wearing shirts with an environmental activist on them...

But since you're not a goth, you probably shouldn't dress like one.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Archi, I don't think a shirt with the words "I'm mentally programmed to be asocial, so why don't you start talking to me?" would be of much help.

I'm not changing the way I dress, just my hair. I will keep the skater/thug/gamer style of clothing.

And blue is the color I'm leaning the least towards out of the ones that aren't outright fugly. My favorites so far are fiery red (imagine that when it's windy) and indigo (though this would match one of my favorite hoodies, which might not be so favorable).

As for why the change, I'm asocial, so I need to stand out to make myself more approachable since me initiating conversation with a stranger is not a thing that can happen.

Alternatively a strong color may help me appear more like an alpha male, serving as an even more direct aid.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Archi, I don't think a shirt with the words "I'm mentally programmed to be asocial, so why don't you start talking to me?" would be of much help.

Good point, maybe "I like homestuck" or one of your favoured pages would be better...

Or you could go with the "I am desperate for attention" hairstyle choice.

I doubt anyone here cares that much either way.

If you get a girlfriend you would talk about her endlessly and, with our luck, bring her on here and she would talk endlessly as well...On the plus side you could finally create a game which two people would 'play'.

If you don't then you will continue to post trivialites, comment on how socially inept you are but ultra attractive with ungodly computer skills / barely conceled self-harm attempts / claiming to have invented a new science with a teaspoon and a drop of water, and so on.

I've already got both the Vriska shirt (yes, that's why that color and symbol, Vriska Serket) and the Hero of Rage hoodie for getting the attention of fellow Homestucks.

And no, getting a girlfriend would not cause me to post even more on here, to the contrary I would finally be rid of all the outbursts of depression that plague me and make me want to come on here to talk about it.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Ah yes, promises from one without experiance, we have no option but to believe everything you say.....

You were wearing a shirt? I figured you had used boot polish and blue paint, it doesn't, by your standard of logic, seem any stupider than wearing a shirt.

just_shy_square_0.png

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Okay so transitioning from this:

To this:

Or this:

Is hard. Not to mention there is a cut portion of the first video that doesn't show up in the other two videos (Windows and Gameboy) 

Btw, which is the better version? Windows or the Gameboy? I'm gonna use one of these for a few things I'm doing this year.

Mather, I want to help you. I don't think I can, but I would feel terrible if I didn't try.

Cut your hair, chin-length or maybe even shoulder length could be alright, but not what you have now. If you dye, ask the professional what they think would look good on you. Don't get a beard until you're older, except maybe a goatee. Lose the one-lens sunglasses. That shirt you're wearing in the picture looks like it goes down a ways below your waist, don't do that unless it's just a little with a buttoned shirt.

I'm not sure what else can really be done. Be confident, but not self-righteous.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

That was a half-assed cosplay, I obviously use both lenses when I wear the glasses seriously.

And long hair may not be common for boys in America, but it is here. I'm not even the one in my class with the longest hair, that title goes to someone who has proportionally as long hair as me, but is at least a foot taller.

And my beard is a goatee, or a Van Dyck since I've got a 'stache as well, but they don't meet. Though the "until you're older" part doesn't make much sense, I'm an adult by all means except for being a virgin and being prohibited by law from drinking hard liquor (you have to be 22 for that here).

Additionally you don't have to worry about my shirt, I may not fill out a Large in width, but it doesn't hang beyond my genitals.

But asking what would look good on me would be a waste, as no professional would ever claim an unnatural color to look good on someone, and getting one that looks natural would be pointless.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

And long hair may not be common for boys in America, but it is here. I'm not even the one in my class with the longest hair, that title goes to someone who has proportionally as long hair as me, but is at least a foot taller.

Something being common doesn't mean that it's the best option.

qTLQRuS.png

In Norway everyone can express themselves in any way they like because Mather will beat you up if you don't. Education is unneccessary, they already know everything, and everyone has a view on the Environment and how the rest of the world should follow Norway's example.

In Britain everyone can express themselves and people are allowed to tell you that you look like an idiot. You can expect an education and everyone has a view on the Weather and how the rest of the world shouldn't follow Britain's example.

In America self expression is unpatriotic. Your education is your life and everyone has a view on Grade Point Average and how the rest of the USA should follow their State's example.

I think that covered everything?

Clothes are made to fit for a reason, a professional should know what looks good as well as natural, that hair does not look good on you, and you should define yourself by, you know, personality and moral traits rather than physical ones.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Long hair does look good on me, it just doesn't look good when I intentionally make a mess of it in order to emulate a male version of a female character for whom cleanliness is a foreign thing.

Here's how my hair is actually like (I keep it like that so much that it retains that shape even when it's not behind my ears), though obviously the combination of a cheap webcam and shitty freeware means it obviously looks better IRL than in the picture:

Hair.png

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I think I'd agree that your hair looks good long from seeing that photo. I colour-replaced your hair to cerulean blue so that you can see what it looks like. I think blonde would suit you as it often suits everybody who has long hair. You also need to make sure that it's the blue dye is professionally dyed instead of simply putting it into your hair because otherwise your hair will look like a wig.

I put the on your T-shirt but it didn't work very well.

1Dxsh.png

qTLQRuS.png

Thought it was a bit high :P

The red looks effeminate, I'd definitely go with the blue if you're insistent on choosing either. Alternatively, if you want an icebreaker you could cut your hair really short and watch as everybody says: "never met you before, who are you?"

(unless you go for a darker shade of red)

qTLQRuS.png