The Back Room

stevepole

any plants can be made into booze. you need more than just one farm producing, or else.. well. scewed. dwarves like varieety, especcially on the stuff that makes em drunk.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Indeed they can.

I just noticed that my milker is nigh suicidal, and I have no idea why.

I have enough ores stockpiled to last a while, and food enough for the next two winters, all dwarves have their own room, the grand hall is supported by very stable pillars, and my farms are running efficiently.

Now I just need a metalworker.

Edit: 8 Elephants just appeared out of nowhere outside my fort.

I'm scared.

2Xeo5.png

uh... ross. in the new version, you can mine out an entire z level with only one suport pillar. some people have actually done it.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

What do you mean?

Each space is a single farm, and you need to designate a crop to be grown on each one.

Are you sure your farmers labour is set to work on the farm?

Earth, the pillars are mainly for aesthetic value.

2Xeo5.png

you have 14 farmers and 1 plot?... dude! get a second plot for dimple cups or caps.. or whatever those things you make booze out of are called. then a third plot, for random stuff to make more things out of.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

what were you doing wrong? i only have one farmer myself, and he isnt planting much..

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

USE QUANTUM STORAGE. it helps. i cleared nearly an entire z level filled with absolutley nothing but stone and put it all in one square...

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

i have no peasents. i simply have a spartan fortress with a giant ffing balistae guarding my door from the roving troops of monkeys that try to make off with my pickaxes. that and all my dwarves, 17 of them, dont do what i ask except when i put them on repeat task.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

oh yeah. it may be that i have ten hallways filled with stone and a quantum stockpile trying to vaccum it all up before it all comes alive and suffocates my dwarvess.. but it could just be lazy dwarves. (i actually think its the fact that my farmer is the only good brewer. he is the only one who can make any decent booze, so he's the one who does the job)

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

you can reclaim the materials so you dont get screwed over by the sheer vastness of your stockpiles.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

my current works?

3 farms

1 kennel

a major dining hall

a still near the farms

carpentry workshop

a blaistae with lots of ammo

a masonry shop

jewlers shop

about 40 preped rooms for future dwarves.

mechanic shop

seige workshop

kitchen.

i have no metal. nor do i have anything to do with metal. stone ages for me. woot.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

lucky you.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

well i had a cavern full of native silver, horn silver, native copper, and aquamarine. then the goblins came and cluster f'ed me.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Rocco, do you have any Limonite? It's fairly common, and can be made into iron.

Edit:

My expedition leader has gone insane, and is demanding body parts.

I think I'll just lock him in the workshop until he dies...

2Xeo5.png

oh just bive the dude the parts. long as he is nt asking for a full corpse, me mayget over being insane.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

i have three gigantic stockpiles full of trinkets... and i couldnt pawn them for anything because my broker was a lazy ass.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

my broker is my doctor, and he's also my medic. he is also a major candidate for being my military commander.. three confuzzling and conflicting titles all in one.. dwarfs ggoing to go insanse annnyyy second now.. when i start the game back up, that is,

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]