The Back Room

stevepole

hah. blurgh. im kinda bored here now. nothings fun in the tavern anymore. and ive never heard of resitance..

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

what, going over tedious budget reports and fializing plans is yur idea of adrenaline inducing fun?

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

:thumbup:

Almost getting totally trounced in a war, and then negotiating yourself into a position of power...Taking risks which could totally wipe you out...Playing a game as a character, rather than as a player...

Budget reports and such are stuff handled by the moderator...

But writing the plans is the BEST bit! I happily spend three or four hours composing a mighty plan! Its the most fun you can have in a small room, on your own, I find anyway....

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

no, the point is, im better controlling one person i can keep track of easily, than awhole nation with the nuances of politics, the tediousness of keeping the udget in check, the nations populace happy, power hungry neighbors who have gads more experience in this art than you do off your back, and trying to research non OP troops and techs you have to make up yourself and implement in a strategic way. all without getting overthrown in the process.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Most of those reasons are not even included as features, really. populace happiness only plays a part if you do something really stupid (Herpaderp I strap all my people to a giant production machine), otherwise it is generally ignored, power hungry neighbors are inherent, and important to the fun side of it (A game is not fun if it is easymode all day erry day).

Research brings the creative side into it, and if there is a good moderator (There usually is), then not too much OP stuff slips through the net, and strategic/tactical thinking is half the fun. No wait, it's more or less all the fun, because let's face it, war is the most fun part of hegemony.

But hey, you clearly don't handle micromanagement very well, so I can see why it wouldn't be your thing.

2Xeo5.png

i can handle some micro management,but the hegenomies you guys come up with overload the small amoutn of it i can handle. thats why i was in support of a hegenomy/ dungeoneering type game. so, yeah, these hegeneomies are not my idea of fun.. so thats why im asking if anyone has an idea to play anything else? or if anyone will respond to my homestuck idea beyond the question of what it is.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Ross and Earth, why don't you play some Napoleanic Hegemony? You both have countries which aren't being attended to!

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

retech, because i jsut stated why i didnt want to. and rocco, your understanding of my logic is flawed. i totally understand that other people are having absolute oodles of fun playing nap hegenomy and finalizing plans for Delta V, but im not. i would like to kick up a new game to play while the other games are in a lurch, and because im bored, but hell, if no one else wants to make a new game, than ill drop the topic.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I can micromanage for you, and you can just be the king or something. "Attack blah blah blah! I demand so and so be executed!" Then you could focus on the nuances of being king and I'll just follow your orders. "Put money to make an army!" Then I'll make a reasonable army.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

i already made that, and i already quit.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Yeah, having someone else control you is tremendously annoying, especially when they pull the 'Well I can crush you if I wanted' responce whenever they feel like it.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

when the mods arent on, or archi is proscessing data for Delta. just because is a temporary thing, doesnt mean its not in a lurch.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

i call it a lurch dude, so whatever. anyways, i guess i have nothin else to say.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

retech, because i jsut stated why i didnt want to. and rocco, your understanding of my logic is flawed. i totally understand that other people are having absolute oodles of fun playing nap hegenomy and finalizing plans for Delta V, but im not. i would like to kick up a new game to play while the other games are in a lurch, and because im bored, but hell, if no one else wants to make a new game, than ill drop the topic.

The other games aren't in a lurch. The games you like are in a lurch. The games we like are just fine.

when the mods arent on, or archi is proscessing data for Delta. just because is a temporary thing, doesnt mean its not in a lurch.

Mostly because they aren't in a lurch.

i call it a lurch dude, so whatever. anyways, i guess i have nothin else to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRKVXG3DV-I

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

ugh. cant get this these custom skins to work..

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Goddamn... fighting the Barroth with what must be the bluntest axe in history sucks. In red sharpness with my "Rough Edge" and just died for the first time, all outta whetstones with the Barroth short one tail.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Just finished HL2 ep2, now for some epic moments of mine;

HL2:

-Hit the last pair of floor mounted sentries in the Nexus with the first, tossed grenades without getting hit.

-Finishing of the last strider with the SMG.

Ep2:

-Kill both antlion guard and guardian almost instantly outside the mines.

-Killing all hunters inside the power building at the radio tower without getting hit.

-Finishing last chapter without failing/dying.

No such moments in ep1 sadly.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Archi, I agree; I'd happily spend some time doing a master plan but I would avoid it because my sense of logic is different to Dustys.

My sense of logic is based around what could work and using objects for different uses.

Dusty's logic is based on tried and tested methods.

Ergo; if I sent a battle plan to Dusty he would probably regard it as stupid and just ignore it, Archi however seems to have a logic like mine (more creative) and therfore I would peform better in an Archi modded game than a Dusty modded one (if that makes any sense).

Ross, I agree; creating technology is a good way of increasing enjoyment, I haven't played a proper hegemony yet but you'd probably get a load of scans of robots and spaceships on the thread.

Napoleonic hegemony is limited in the sense that I can't create anything new, this is is why I look forward to Delta V, race creation is as fun as anything!

Earth, I have an idea for a game I think you would like (simple figures, not much work, lots of gameplay) but I don't have a computer at the moment so I can't draw the map for it or write any long detailed explinations. But it will definately appeal to you, please remind me to write up a description at 21:00 GMT tonight.

I think the mods should work out the maths instead of having to do it yourselves, stress is not nice!

I don't think I could really so picture dungeoneering at the moment, Its too large a task but I'd be happy to mod it as long as I get quite a few players; I think the only thing I would change is to give a few more junk items that still function instead of a powerful weapon every now and than; a bit more like real life.

[Falador tavern]

I dunno.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?