Quick tip for training slayer..

Dangarous3

This isn't really a guide, but I didn't really know where else to put it.. While training slayer, every inventory slot helps, for bringing potions and picking up drops and such.. So what I've been doing lately is instead of bringing the slayer gem, I do this:

For example, say your task is 190 Bloodveld,

1. Before going to slay them, clear one of you XP counter slots to 0, and set it to slayer..

2. Go to Bloodvelds, kill 1, and see how much slayer XP you get (It will be 120)

3. Use your calculator (one on computer or cell phone is a good idea if you don't have an actual calculator)

4. Find out what 120 x 190 is, which is 22,800

5. That is how much XP you need to finish the task, so let's say you're at 12,240 and want to know how many you have left..

6. All you have to do, is type 12,240/120, which gives you 102, the number you've killed so far..

7. Then, simply subtract that from the total: 190 - 102, which gives you 88.. THAT'S how many you have left.

Some of you may find this useless, unnecessary, or maybe even obvious.. But I think it's pretty helpful, and yea it's very simple math and fairly obvious, but I'm sure lots of people just haven't thought of doing this and wouldn't mind an extra open inventory slot.. So I hope this helps!

Also, sorry if this isn't the right spot, move if necessary... Happy Scaping!

EDIT: Thanks Naive for pointing out a crucial error I made lol

This isn't really a guide, but I didn't really know where else to put it.. While training slayer, every inventory slot helps, for bringing potions and picking up drops and such.. So what I've been doing lately is instead of bringing the slayer gem, I do this:

For example, say your task is 190 Bloodveld,

1. Before going to slay them, clear one of you XP counter slots to 0, and set it to slayer..

2. Go to Bloodvelds, kill 1, and see how much slayer XP you get (It will be 120)

3. Use your calculator (one on computer or cell phone is a good idea if you don't have an actual calculator)

4. Find out what 120 x 190 is, which is 22,800

5. That is how much XP you need to finish the task, so let's say you're at 12,240 and want to know how many you have left..

6. All you have to do, is type 12,240/120, which gives you 102, that's how many you have left.

Some of you may find this useless, unnecessary, or maybe even obvious.. But I think it's pretty helpful, and yea it's very simple math and fairly obvious, but I'm sure lots of people just haven't thought of doing this and wouldn't mind an extra open inventory slot.. So I hope this helps!

Also, sorry if this isn't the right spot, move if necessary... Happy Scaping!

Step 6 would actually tell you how many you've killed, which you'd then subtract from the task total to find out how many you actually have left. Maybe add a step 7 :P

Other than that it's a nice tip.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Hah, you're right I forgot about that lol, I'm currently slaying and figured I'd write this up quickly, wasn't paying full attention apparently, thank you for pointing that out and I'm glad you find it helpful :P

Or bring a slayer gem/ring....

You're joking right? I clearly state why my way is better than bringing the gem... Not once, but twice... Can you not read or do you just enjoy wasting valuable space by carrying items that are completely unnecessary?

Seriously, give me ONE reason why bringing the gem is better than doing what I said..

While training slayer, every inventory slot helps, for bringing potions and picking up drops and such.. So what I've been doing lately is instead of bringing the slayer gem, I do this:

Free up an inventory space while slaying...

Can I make the purpose any clearer for you?

name 1 task that you always finish with a full inv, go

Dragons (but that is what yak is for) and one can always drop the gem/ring or just wait for the game to tell you that your task is done.

I also find your choice of bloodvelds interesting since that is one of the few mobs that this method won't work for if you kill them in the right location.

But honestly, it is much, much easier to just watch your xp counter and see when you stop getting the lump xp after each kill.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

The time taken to calculate it would be more than the time lost by having the slayer ring in the inventory, unless it's the extreme case where you need 1 more kill (In which case any sane person would drop 1 dragon bone or whatever and get the kill.)

Maybe not if you do it in your head mid-trip, but even then you have to take the restting of the xp counter and stuff into account, it's hardly a game changer.

It's an interesting tip but it's not really practical.

CNqWHdA.jpg

but that is what yak is for

I'm pretty sure the majority of players don't have 96 Summoning, obviously in that case inventory space isn't a concern.

Oh damn, you stumped me there... Really? Almost every single one lol, dragons, black demons, nechryaels especially, not to mention even with other tasks, it's still smart to pick up something even if it's only worth 900gp, cause you might as well grab it instead of leave with open spots.. So, yea, you sure made me look stupid lol

I also find your choice of bloodvelds interesting since that is one of the few mobs that this method won't work for if you kill them in the right location.

Good point, reason i used them as an example is because I was killing them while writing this so I knew the XP gained off the top of my head, out of curiosity, where is the "right place" cause I just go to the Slayer Tower, works fine for me.

But honestly, it is much, much easier to just watch your xp counter and see when you stop getting the lump xp after each kill.

Mainly I do this for situations where you run out of Prayer Potions or food, but aren't in immediate danger of death, and don't want to take the time to bank if you have 3 left, which is the main problem this solves.

The time taken to calculate it would be more than the time lost by having the slayer ring in the inventory,

The point of this isn't to "save time," it's to have an extra inventory space open for drops when finishing a task, or for food or potions when starting one. I don't really get what you're saying.

Maybe not if you do it in your head mid-trip, but even then you have to take the restting of the xp counter and stuff into account, it's hardly a game changer.

The way I do it, is just to quickly figure out how much XP i need to complete the task, then just use that as a rough guide to get a general idea of how I'm doing, say the total is 31,900 and I glance at how much I have so far, and it's around 17,500, then I know I'm a little over halfway done, I just wrote out each step in detail just to be thorough.

Also, I never said it was a magical solution to all your problems, I know it's not a "game changer," it's exactly what the title says it is: a quick tip. I don't know why everyone has to flame it, no one is forcing you to do this, it's just "a little tip" if you want to be able to go to your task with 1 extra prayer potion and leave with 1 extra dragon bone, simple as that.

one can always drop the gem/ring or just wait for the game to tell you that your task is done

Then you lose the ability to bring an extra prayer potion or shark with you, I used to do that too, but then just started doing this..

Bottom line is, I quickly wrote this out to give people an option if they wanna mildly increase efficiency while training slayer, if you don't like it, don't use it, I'm juse trying to help people out and show them an option they may not have thought of....

Oh damn, you stumped me there... Really? Almost every single one lol, dragons, black demons, nechryaels especially, not to mention even with other tasks, it's still smart to pick up something even if it's only worth 900gp, cause you might as well grab it instead of leave with open spots.. So, yea, you sure made me look stupid lol

Dragons: erm, bonecrusher tan hide with lunar and yak body

Black demon: daymnnnn how many rune chains u get a task

Nechs: ^ + i think death runes are stackable

If you want to grab something worth 900 gp, hooray! slayer ring is only 200 gp, gratz drop it and u made 700

Dragons (but that is what yak is for) and one can always drop the gem/ring or just wait for the game to tell you that your task is done.

I dont use slayer ring to check if i went over the task. I use it to get a sense of time/rate im killing them at. Its much easier just to use one click rather than having to do calculations every task, idm mental ones, but calculater for that is a bit too much to ask for.

Have you been to dark beasts? Plus even with a yak, if you're killing dragons right you need all the inventory space you can get because your familiar's spec bar isn't going to be recharging fast enough. There are more examples out there.

Plus I'm sure the OP would recommend you just bring a slayer gem/ring for tasks where you don't have to struggle for inventory space, such as cannoning mutant bloodvelds or hellhounds, etc., as it would be more convenient.

Personally, I used to do this on slayer but after a while I got too lazy, so I typically just accepted the 3-4k less profit off a few tasks instead, lol. Or if I was really been ambitious I'd drop the gem. Besides if you aren't pay attention when you start, you're sorta screwed and it overshadows any benefit doing this technique would award.

I'd recommend banking hides and bones during dragon tasks. Infernal ashes aren't really worth picking up unless you have a yak, due to how far black demons and nechs are from a bank. I can't think of anything else that would fill your inv.

I'd recommend banking hides and bones during dragon tasks. Infernal ashes aren't really worth picking up unless you have a yak, due to how far black demons and nechs are from a bank. I can't think of anything else that would fill your inv.

You can use infernal urns for the ashes. That's probably the most efficient thing to do if you aren't going to bank them via yak. I've had a few instances where the volume of drops early on was too high that the rate I was getting rid of the urns wasn't fast enough, too.

Have you been to dark beasts? Plus even with a yak, if you're killing dragons right you need all the inventory space you can get because your familiar's spec bar isn't going to be recharging fast enough. There are more examples out there.

Plus I'm sure the OP would recommend you just bring a slayer gem/ring for tasks where you don't have to struggle for inventory space, such as cannoning mutant bloodvelds or hellhounds, etc., as it would be more convenient.

Personally, I used to do this on slayer but after a while I got too lazy, so I typically just accepted the 3-4k less profit off a few tasks instead, lol. Or if I was really been ambitious I'd drop the gem. Besides if you aren't pay attention when you start, you're sorta screwed and it overshadows any benefit doing this technique would award.

Yea its not bad at dark beast, you start with full inv, but as soon as you set up your cannon its fine, might need to juggle a bit and pray flick last few, its all fine.

Wait, how does not bringing a ring/gem and then just dropping it make more sense? It's not like you should be starting a slayer task with a full inventory anyway...

And if you do bring a full inventory, then juggling an extra item won't be any more difficult.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

I had a pretty full inventory doing dark beasts, bloodveld, black demons and ice strykes (that's +9 prayer bonus before renewals/flasks), I'd definitely have used this if there were separate xp counters when I slayed. Always good to have these things written up :thumbup:.

Other than saving space, I find it's easier to do some calculations than to check your slayer ring while managing your titan etc.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Wait, how does not bringing a ring/gem and then just dropping it make more sense? It's not like you should be starting a slayer task with a full inventory anyway...

And if you do bring a full inventory, then juggling an extra item won't be any more difficult.

Dropping it after finishing a task is what i meant, since he argues about making dat extra 2k if u pick up like a grimy ranarr

not really juggling when you have 4 spaces free from cannon, dark beast dont tend to drop 4 rune chains on the start of a task l

Slayer gems are only 1gp/per so you could technically buy a ton and just drop from your inventory as needed depending on the task and what you're getting.

I usually just check my exp to go for my next Slayer level after each task, start my next task and then figure out my slayer exp for that task during the first few kills. Then I just subtract in my head and I can watch my slayer exp to tell me how far off I am from finishing a task. It's probably not the most "efficient" way to do it but it works for me.

The_Rocket.png

RSClassic Veteran

Gladiatorz member for 11 years

• 4 weeks later...

I havent read all the replies here, but it's also possible to press: Enter->S->S->4 and your charater will say what slayer task you are currently on,

If your task is over then you'll know that way. It's not a good way to track how many you have left though.