Money Making @ H&A

There should be a sticky in the H&A board for money-making help and advice. These threads are way too common, so creating a sticky with the latest money-making methods (Kiln, Frost Dragons, Green Dragons, Herb farming) will help reduce these threads and put forward other threads for further assistance. :)

It'll also make any threads on earning money more specific, e.g. you will see more 'Equipment for frost dragons' or 'Which herbs profit the most?' instead of 'Looking to make cash' or 'Need 50M quick'

Even better yet, include links to in-depth guides or videos in the sticky if possible.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

There should be a sticky with the answers to all the stupid questions we get:

How do I make money?

Just came back, what do I do?

Where should I train combat?

Been thinking about this for a while, considered making a general advice thread with the common questions (Fight caves/Kiln/Money making etc)

I support this notion. :thumbup:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

The problem is they're very user specific.

"Frost dragons are 3m/hour" hey im level 84 and wen i went i only made 700k in 1 hour and my bull ant died :'(

"Kiln is 6m/hour" wdf my bull ant died agen this is bs how do i get laver cape bak?

You'd have to go into great detail on each method to cover different levels and styles. And then all the prices would change and you'd have to do it again.

CNqWHdA.jpg

A sticky won't make these threads disappear nor will it be in the best interest of the person asking advice to do so. Stickies should be for general information, not a place to group-and-shove topics we're tired of looking at. They end up being destickied and lost shortly after being created, or even worse just flat out neglected. Just don't post on what you're not interested in helping on, you're not obligated to pay attention to every "pls halp need monies 4 saxophone lessonz" thread that's posted.

Just my personal opinion. (read: not staff opinion)

hzvjpwS.gif

The problem is they're very user specific.

"Frost dragons are 3m/hour" hey im level 84 and wen i went i only made 700k in 1 hour and my bull ant died :'(

"Kiln is 6m/hour" wdf my bull ant died agen this is bs how do i get laver cape bak?

You'd have to go into great detail on each method to cover different levels and styles. And then all the prices would change and you'd have to do it again.

Yes, but answering those questions will resolve their problems quicker instead of suggesting 10 methods of money making on a thread, then picking a method out of the 10 and asking more specific questions on that method.

A sticky won't make these threads disappear nor will it be in the best interest of the person asking advice to do so. Stickies should be for general information, not a place to group-and-shove topics we're tired of looking at. They end up being destickied and lost shortly after being created, or even worse just flat out neglected. Just don't post on what you're not interested in helping on, you're not obligated to pay attention to every "pls halp need monies 4 saxophone lessonz" thread that's posted.

Just my personal opinion. (read: not staff opinion)

Yes, I agree it won't make those threads disappear. And I'm not saying I'm tired of looking at them. It's just that whenever one of these topics pop up, the same group of people provide the same type of answers. Having a sticky won't hurt and it might even answer people's questions about money making immediately instead of waiting for help.

Of course we're not going to disallow all "help, need money" threads in the H&A. The old rules apply, but just a sticky for people to read before posting.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Only downside with stickies is new users never seem to look at them. That being said I wouldn't mind having a FAQ sticky with answers to a lot of tedious questions that are asked again and again. That way if someone creates a help topic about say, making money, the sticky can be easily referenced. Something like that would require a fairly large collaborative effort though since it would need constant updating and maintaining. I just don't support the idea of limiting x questions to only be talked about in a sticky because that never seems to work out well.

Well adding on to what has already been said, having a sticky won't make the questions disappear. But another downside to having a sticky is that the sticky would become useless if it wasn't constantly updated and maintained. Moneymaking methods can quickly change as the market changes. If people are responding on individual threads, the person asking for help will always get the most up-to-date answer. If they just use the sticky, there's a chance that the information will become outdated and they'll get bad info.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Well adding on to what has already been said, having a sticky won't make the questions disappear. But another downside to having a sticky is that the sticky would become useless if it wasn't constantly updated and maintained. Moneymaking methods can quickly change as the market changes. If people are responding on individual threads, the person asking for help will always get the most up-to-date answer. If they just use the sticky, there's a chance that the information will become outdated and they'll get bad info.

Good point

tmht-banner-medium-1.png

[spoiler=Rare Drops/Splits (Feb 2013 - ??)]

21m84sy.png

Hi, all... I just read this thread, and unluckily for me, I get the feelings going on here. :huh:

I suggest/recommend that we sub-forum all Money-Making Threads within H&A, due to the level of traffic that we've gotten of them lately. We wouldn't be shoving it all into a sticky, people could still get individualized help, and it would also unchoke all the other H&A-type threads that occur. It would even have the bonus of showing right up top on entry to H&A for those who are seeking that kind of help, which makes me look at it as being the best alternative. To top it off, a FAQ Sticky (except for sub-forum rules) would then become unnecessary, and the shifts in the market and its' prices would be easily kept up with. :thumbsup:

Honestly, if there are any downsides, they really don't mount up that well against the upsides. At least, that's my personal opinion on the matter! :geek:

~Mr. D. V. "What do you think? Would you agree?" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Hi, all... I just read this thread, and unluckily for me, I get the feelings going on here. :huh:

I suggest/recommend that we sub-forum all Money-Making Threads within H&A, due to the level of traffic that we've gotten of them lately. We wouldn't be shoving it all into a sticky, people could still get individualized help, and it would also unchoke all the other H&A-type threads that occur. It would even have the bonus of showing right up top on entry to H&A for those who are seeking that kind of help, which makes me look at it as being the best alternative. To top it off, a FAQ Sticky (except for sub-forum rules) would then become unnecessary, and the shifts in the market and its' prices would be easily kept up with. :thumbsup:

Honestly, if there are any downsides, they really don't mount up that well against the upsides. At least, that's my personal opinion on the matter! :geek:

~Mr. D. V. "What do you think? Would you agree?" Devnull

Looking at H&A right now the first 3 pages only have 3 money making advice threads so I don't think they are bogging down the other H&A topics there. Also I'm against making a subforum in H&A because it's supposed to be fast paced and topics shouldn't be on the first page for more than a few days (Right now the first page has around 3 days worth of topics which is perfect in my opinion).

I just think keeping H&A as simple and open for questions as possible is important part of that forum.

About the only thing I think H&A could perhaps benefit from atm would be a rule/guideline about having a descriptive topic title. Not a massive issue but lately there has been more 'Help me!' 'What do I do!' type titles that you can't sort of quickly browse by and know if you may or may not have an answer for.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well we already have that here.

And yeah, after some consideration, maybe a sticky wouldn't really be much of a good idea. :unsure:

zuzmo.png

collio.png

:lightbulb:

Before you make a topic in H&A, a splash-ad appears on the screen(like the one for the new version of the website and suggests a few stuff: like detailing your situation or scanning the first page of the thread, maybe you see the same question asked there), then it lets you make your topic.