Assassins Creed overrated?

Rock Hard

The new assassins creed looks good, thought i'd play through all the old titles first so I get the story-line but after around 3 hours into AC1 i'm ridiculously bored.

Do they all play like AC1? How dependant on the older titles are the younger titles regarding appreciating the story-line?

Don't want to miss out, but I don't have the time to sink into a game i'm not enjoying.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

AC1 is very much the worst of the bunch. If you didn't enjoy, say, the first thirty minutes of the game you won't enjoy the rest of it.

But the sequels are much better, they all stick to a similar formula but it's a formula that actually works. The missions in the 2nd game are a lot more varied and enjoyable, the story is stronger and the exploration better rewarded. You could quite easily start off at Assassin's Creed 2 without missing anything of import. In fact, I'm pretty sure there's a recap thing of the first game at the beginning of the second. I'd say ditch it and move onto AC2.

Of course, you may still think it's overrated after the second one. If so, I would then say the series might not be for you. :v

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I picked up one of the AC's (can't remember which one long gone now) because I saw a review in the newspaper comparing its story to that of an oscar winning film. I played it and got about half way through to be incredibly bored the story was ridiculous, the characters unlike-able and shallow the actual gameplay could be fun but it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be so I would agree AC is superbly overrated one of those games were watching the trailer is twice as fun as playing it.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Well I found the first AC to be quite enjoyable...for the first few missions. After that, it was constantly the same thing over and over again. It was also ridiculously easy.

I was conflicted about buying the second one because it looked cool and people said it was much more diverse. Decided to not buy it in the end, but then got it as a present. Again enjoyable...until I had adapted to everything new and then it was mostly repeating usual stuff again.

Both ACs have never really interested me story or character wise, just pure gameplay.

I would advise playing more than the first 30 minutes (because I'd do that for every game) but if you don't like this one, I very much doubt you're going to like the next ones.

Thanks to both of you, I think I'll have a go at AC2 but if it's as dull i'll amuse myself with Fallout 3 DLC instead whilst I wait for my gf to finish college and we can complete all the fps co-op we said we would. :P

It's a shame because it seems like a story that could get really involved and interesting...

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

AC1 is the worst by a long shot thanks to the whole wilderness issue meaning you spend 90% of the time just traversing dead space.

AC2 is much better thanks to it's removal, then brotherhood gets even slicker as you can finally swim (or was tht in 2?) and gets some nice new mechanics and revelations hones things further.

I see people criticising it for being repetitive once you learn the techniques as it's just more of the same, I find this a poor critique. For one thing you have to mix it up a lot to adapt to the surroundings of your target is in and meet secondary objectives (if you want to 100%) and for another how is it different to any other game? Sure some games abilities get handed out a bit slower so you have some near the end that you never really master, but a good 50% of games out there it's repeating the same thing in essence after the learning curve. I mean racers, shooters the lot once you've learnt the controls what is there that's actually new beyond missions that use story elements to reapply your skills in slightly different circumstances.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

AC1 is the worst by a long shot thanks to the whole wilderness issue meaning you spend 90% of the time just traversing dead space.

AC2 is much better thanks to it's removal, then brotherhood gets even slicker as you can finally swim (or was tht in 2?) and gets some nice new mechanics and revelations hones things further.

I see people criticising it for being repetitive once you learn the techniques as it's just more of the same, I find this a poor critique. For one thing you have to mix it up a lot to adapt to the surroundings of your target is in and meet secondary objectives (if you want to 100%) and for another how is it different to any other game? Sure some games abilities get handed out a bit slower so you have some near the end that you never really master, but a good 50% of games out there it's repeating the same thing in essence after the learning curve. I mean racers, shooters the lot once you've learnt the controls what is there that's actually new beyond missions that use story elements to reapply your skills in slightly different circumstances.

The wilderness was the least of my problems with AC1... :unsure:

I guess you're right about a game just being more of the same, and reapplying a few basic things, but other games do this better than AC. This may not bother everyone I guess, so if you find it still enjoyable, great.

I think one of the problems was not only that it was repetitive, but also too easy. Usually with good games, you have to apply all the knowledge you've gathered, you have to train the specific rl skills you need and you have to try a few times to get the knack of it. In both AC1&2, I never really felt challenged. In the first one, after initally getting used to the system, I didn't fail a single assassination even once, and usually no side tasks either. AC2 was a bit more challenging I guess, but most of it still felt far too easy and that you're wasting time with doing tasks that just take some amount of time to finish but that aren't really challenging.

Controls in AC2 are very tight and they innovate a lot more with what gadgets you have at your disposal. Story gets even more gripping and tense from there on out (with a dash of batshit insane.)

If you can't struggle through the last of AC1 I recommed the following steps:

1) find a good LPer who has the series

2) watch it all the way through

3) watch the Glyph puzzles

4) watch the "secret message" left to you by Subject 16

Then proceed to the next game.

hzvjpwS.gif

Oh god I forgot AC1 difficulty curve, yeah it is kinda piss-easy for 90% of the game but the finale region of the game the curve just goes off the charts. I still NEVER beat that mission where you end up with like 5 paladin guys + a whole heap of other guards and archers after you whilst you try to kill that guy who is just stupid.

He seems simple enough, dodge/stun so he is like weakened for a sec then strike. The issue arises in that doing the stun thing puts you so frigging far away from him you can barely reach him before he gets back up + he can basically 1 hit kill you.

AC2 I think was better, but not perfect, because it got the controls better and the difficulty curve better but it certainly more about the story really. Brotherhood and Revelations are the really stars in the crown though as they really did add in a lot more diversity to the techniques you can use and the equipment available. I mean ACR You got like 100 or so possible different bombs once you factor in the 4 different casings, 3(?) blast radiuses, and 3/4 effects per bomb type.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

AC1 was full of glitches for me. AC2 and on are a bit different than the first, and much better imo. Even if you don't enjoy the first, at least try the second.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I'm kind of in your shoes. I kept hearing amazing things about it so I started playing AC 1 and got so bored.. I never finished it.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I'm kind of in your shoes. I kept hearing amazing things about it so I started playing AC 1 and got so bored.. I never finished it.

The thing about AC1 is that although it has an interesting story, it is very repetitive. The sequels fixed that aspect while maintaining the same core mechanics.

crossed_body.png

I played AC1, thought ti was meh. AC2 was an amazing game thgouh, and I still have brotherhood on my steam library to finish some day.

I'd say AC1 was definatly overrated by reviewers, but AC2 deserves all the love it gets imo.

I am actually the same as you. I hired it for a week, and usually when I hire games I finish them all the way through. I couldn't force myself to finish it the game was that tedious.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I never played AC1, picked up from AC2 and it probably turned into my favourite video game series. Finally got around to picking up Revelations really cheap about a week ago, can't wait for AC3 it looks great.

Yeah, I feel it's kinda overrated but it's not bad.

AC1 was very boring and repetitive and forcing myself to finish it made me not want to play AC2. But AC2 does improve on every aspect of the first one. And you can swim in AC2, a much needed change. Anyone who has finished AC1 will agree with me on that.