dahrok and barrows sets

terley

Guest anbuwolffy

do you really think that power = money? of course not! its all about supply and demand. there is a much lower supply of full dragon than there is of barrow stuff. and its overpowered but you need 3 skills at lvl 70 to use it

and it only hits high if your hp is low that is the set's effect. other sets have other effects! like guthan's is just as deadly

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the whole point is that dragon is a STATUS SYMBOL. the armor does not have to be the best - d chain only shows off the fact that you have cash. I think that the full dragon (ie. fullhelm, pl8, pl8 legs, kite) should be available from a shop at a price of lets say 500k for the whole set. Keep the status symbol chain and med ect.

right so u say it's a status symbol, then say that it should be available for 500k!!??? :wink:

are you so stupid that you don't actualy read my whole post before you post? it says full helm, pl8, pl8 legs and kite...those are the items that should be available cheaper - the chain, med, d sq and "purple legs" should be kept as droppable only.

That sounds like a totally stupid idea.

the guy who has the bug is the antichrist! the devil players runescape, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :twisted: :twisted:

he will kill us all!

MMORPG: Many Males Online Role Playing Girls.
:lol:

Eh, i'd say that dragon armour full is for showing you wealth and it looks really nice.

But nowdays every 100+ lvl has a full guthan so they have probally only full rune in inventory.

About dharok...Its super for training somehwere near altar on high lvls or with prayer pots...That's why people use it more than dragon.

mastersigcopy5sxff7.gif

Combat lvl : 121/124

I am sick of people saying barrows is better than dragon. Which yes is true in some ways but if you look at the stats of full drag to full say well any barrows, dragon isnt far behind.quote]

what your forgetting, is that barrows armour uses no shield. which means, that you can use full torag with an obsidian shield and a whip for training and get circa +330 melee defence stats and circa +350 range defence. this is almost 2 times as much as full dragon......

you also gotta remember that full dragon catches attention much more than guthans or any other barrows set. Dragon is THE status symbol. if you have that you are elite in whatever you do whether its merchanting kill the KQ or fletching. its also the armour of merchanters who otherwise can't really express their wealth. dragon is like the stuff you wear to relax and not go kill stuff. if you can afford dragon then you can afford to get all the other barrows things for when you wanna go kill things.

ok ramblings over and it probably didn't make any sense...sorry

full dragon is just for the rs fashion show, dharok is for real training

after having dharok i dont much like it. the issue i have is, it hit big but the times it dont its pointless.

perhaps their are some good ways to utilize it but i dont know, at my mild stats its kind of a thing i could pass up with no cares.

dont forget guthans. that stuff is awesome :P

• 1 month later...

its not fair.. karils gets the worst special.. but dharok can hit like 50's +

and you dont need really low hp to hit really hard. I was dueling somone and at 75% hp they hit a 38 39... what chance do you have when they can do that at only 75%.. then they kill you b4 you even get them to half hp or if you do get them low you just die even faster lol... you cannot compete with it. They should do something about it :/ plus the armour is really strong so its not like you can hit through it easily :/

What strat can another melee use against it :/ nothing really...

I am sick of people saying barrows is better than dragon. Which yes is true in some ways but if you look at the stats of full drag to full say well any barrows, dragon isnt far behind.quote]

what your forgetting, is that barrows armour uses no shield. which means, that you can use full torag with an obsidian shield and a whip for training and get circa +330 melee defence stats and circa +350 range defence. this is almost 2 times as much as full dragon......

Even still. Pit a level 103 in full verac (like me) against a lvl 126 in full dragon and you have an even match for both players.

dragon won't be just showing off ur wealth. ppl actually kill things without spending much to get the d chain.

the fact that barrows decays is why it's cheap. it rots, and over time, the total cost of the set will exceed dragon, which doesnt decay

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Everyone trains differently...

Your trainin Slayer you most likely have Guthan

KBD Verac

Strength Trainin - Dharok

I train slayer and bring Full guthan to heal but wear this:

Dragon Legs

Rune plate

OB shield

Rune Boots

Dark (Barrow) gloves

Ob Cape

Fars Helm

Whip or D Scimi

This allows me to train and heal with less damage to guthan.

Is DChain over priced? Nah

Is it over rated? Only if your can't afford it

Should Barrows cost more? Ask the people who paid 30m for Guthans the first week

Prices are prices... You can afford DChain buy Torag plate, and just pay for the repairs...

Good luck

Yup Ter-lee, I once had dharoks too, it's true.. but then i learnt afk and dharoks isnt a very good combo.. and you have to repair, soo if you want pure xp go for dharoks if you want to train without reparing dragons your armour

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I am sick of people saying barrows is better than dragon. Which yes is true in some ways but if you look at the stats of full drag to full say well any barrows, dragon isnt far behind.

Now here is the part people never think about eventually there will be a dragon full helm, kite, plate and even boots. Now I am sure with 4 new dragon items they could easily make the gap between barrows and dragon up and get alot more stats.

P.S. Dont be a noob and say those items arent coming, because as if Jagex wouldnt add them over time. They have never added a bunch of dragon items at once so they will never add these all together in like the same day.

Yes, the gap could be smaller, but you forget that the price difference, jagex could make D pl8, kite, and helmet, but then as soon as they came out, the old dragon would cost about 5 mil, and actual dragon full would cost about 100 mil...Also, look at the prices now, full dragon costs 30 mil, and *insert name here* said, torags is about 100+ more defense, and that costs, (correct me if I'm wrong here) about 2.5 mil. So if they bought out full dragon,it could only be about 50 less than torags as otherwise it would be way overpowered, the dragon there is now would become worthless as it would no longer be a status symbol. And in fact it would probably because of this the price I mentioned earlier would probalbly be smaller. Also... jagex would probably bring in more challenging risky monsters to get it, so kq would be deserted.

P.S I'm sorry if I waffled on too much :oops:

TifSig.jpg

the dragon armour is becoming a class thing, the people with dragon think and lets face they do look good. also it's a matter of curcumstances, for some methods of training dragon is a lot more convienent than barrows.... such as training on bandits for a long time, the barrows armour would die and u'd have to back and fourth and lose your spot...

also by this i'm guessing you actually don't have barrows armour, because believe me, it takes some serious mulla to keep in action, in the first week of use i had spend 1mill repairing it, if that gives you any idea

-= weasel =- rsname: moosewalker ~ top 10000 player :D

newscape300x50qz7.giffull qp - always willing to chat add me...

Dragon is not supposed to be the best armor there is, thats why it only requires 60 def to weild. and Barrows is currently the best armor because it requires 70 def to weild. and they invented the protect from melee prayer and fish and other types of food, pots and stuff to defend people against the weapons and stuff that are in this game.

Anesthetik.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

in a long run full dragon is much better because with barrows armour you must pay aroun 300k to fix it every 15hours of combat. but with dragon it will last forever

If you train for 15 hours and you don't make the money off your drops needed to fix your barrows, you need to train somewhere else.

in a long run full dragon is much better because with barrows armour you must pay aroun 300k to fix it every 15hours of combat. but with dragon it will last forever

Using that logic, I would have to train 50 days 24/7 just before the repair costs exceeded the price for full dragon.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

what are you on about? heres a quick chart why it works that way for the melee armours:

gunthan: heals randomly on a random hit and can heal 0 on a 0 hit. bery expensive to maintain. price is solid...

dhorak: too dangerus for most players as you need 1 hp for max hit which is like the scariest thing you can do...

verac: great for pvp but low def bonus and a kinda weak weapon like a d long...also it's about luck

torag: great def but the set effect is useless. but since it's better then drag it's 70def while drag is only 60 def

dragon: you need quests done, money, and it shows your status plus, the price is very unstable so there......