You guys have a knack for triggering every plot and subplot related item on the island at around the same. Also I forgot that you were also ruthless and murderous too. :D

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Hah. Well We ARE pirates, and we ARE from the Tavern.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I thought that was really a right excellent session. We all stayed in character, didn't break any rails, progressed the plot, made glorious combat, and had seemingly gotten a proper base together before the ground started falling out from beneath us.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

In the next session of Windward:

Crusoe buys a dozen boats after Garmund raises the peasants, slaughtered by Elgretor, and opens a boat store, with the dear old woman from Sedrial's tale as the main investor. With the boats brought, Tena constructs a floating house on stilts and begins to sail away from the Island, just in time for the acid from Mount ShadowWing to break free and destroy the rest of the Island.

But yes, I agree with Nex, a truely enjoyable session and I can't help but think its because we know our characters this time around. =D

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

There were no rails. :)

I just write the world and then you guys can drive the story from there.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

how would one go about making a ship, would you need craft: carpentry checks? Or something different? Because I've got a feeling that we ought to get off of this island ASAP.

LNYvk.png

Two things:

1) Uncle is a Shipwright (specifically small boats) and they take several weeks to build (normally)

2) Rowboats cost 500 SP. Craft checks generate DC * your roll (If you fail it doesn't equal anything). So on a DC 10 we would need to roll a 50 to get it done in 1 week.

If we do accelerated crafting then the DC is increased by 10. So we only need a Roll of 25...

For rafts it would just be a DC 10 check, since they cost nothing...So Rafts.

Gives us something to do with our broken houses...

LiVT1.jpg

There is actually a separate Craft (Ship) skill, but you could also use carpentry or creative use of another skill to make something makeshift too, but it might only be sufficient for travel between close islands in good weather.

I suppose I can carry Tena and ShadowWing as passengers on my boat, while Sedrial and Elgretor ride the Brine Dragon, and Garmund swims along side.

Or some variation on that.

Our main focus should be determining how fast the Island is disintergrating, if it is entirely disintergrating, and if we can just get far enough away from the Island to not die.

We might be able to have people ride the back of the giant squid if worst comes to worst, though we may want to keep it free to deal with undersea attackers. What I'm most worried about is food though, I've got 19 days worth of food by myself, but only 9 days worth for 2 people, and it would seem that no one decided to buy a ring of sustenance. I guess we can fish along the way to a new island, and we should be able to create a raft or two in the meantime.

LNYvk.png

Well, I can supply our water needs, and if I am given the food I can turn it into stew without the need for a fire...

In terms of finding food itself, I could canablise one of the Signalling Kits and use the twine and an arrow to hunt fish near the surface if neccessary.

Although we could just collect alot of food while on land (depending on how long we have), and store it in people's Handy Haversacks.

The other thing to be aware of is that if we annoyed a God then boats, squids and such won't save us, so it might be wise not to lay everything on escaping the Island.

True, and we don't know if the whole island is going to collapse, or just the beach. We also don't know how the acid mist will react now that the green gem has been destroyed. This could just be us over reacting (though I would still make rafts in the mean time).

LNYvk.png

I could probably just swim to the nearest island if necessary.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I could probably fish. I have some high bonuses in fishing, and maybe I can make a crude fishing rod or two before we leave.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Just to be helpful I will point out that while at sea Shadow Wing is able to provide food and water for himself and 2 others Automatically (Even if he rolls a 1 on the skill check he gets a 15 as there is no such thing as a critical on a skill check) and then an additional 1d20/2 rounded down people as long as you only travel at half speed(moving faster than that prevents the use of survival to gather food until much later in a campaign as the base DC jumps to 40 for the first person). He also has Craft(Ships) trained giving him a total of +6 on it.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

So I'm basically the best person to have on a boat. Right.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Well, on the assumption that you have a move speed of 60/120/240, or we slow down for an hour while you fish and collect water...We would then need to roll a DC 10 to see if the water was safe to drink, and probably find out it had salt in, and thus unsafe. (Depending on Retech)

At anyrate this is rather academic unless we actually have a destination in mind...setting out with a rowboat, a squid and a dozen rafts will get us as far as the first night, when we will probably be set upon by water beasts/storms. Likewise, getting battered by the cold will probably end our adventures relatively quickly.

Thus wise a plan:

Garmund takes his Dragon and scouts out the local area, finding out how doomed we are and if there is another Island nearby.

Tena, myself and Elgretor collect wood and food and constructing a water barrel.

Sendrial pumps the community of people he has found for information. (Given he doesn't know what we have done he could do anything)

ShadowWing...Probably makes sense for you to build the rafts and help in whatever you want.

Probably the Rafts and gathering supplies for the journey, like food and Fish.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Oh, campaign specific perk is that everyone got an extra skill point per level (so 6) in either swim or survival. Since Wyvren's character wasn't made for this campaign specifically, I think that it is not on the sheet, so enjoy. If you have already have those maxed out, then you can always pick up another skill.

Uhm.. How do I tell if Swim is maxxed out?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

... So it's not yet maxxed out? I dunno.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I think it means that Wyvren may have already factored that in.