I'd say a small island with a cave system would be most desirable. An area like the windward isles are likely to have quite a few due to them being in a place with lots of flowing water. Even a small cave system would be desirable as it would give opportunity to expand. Ideally there would be a small island with an already existing mining operation.

A network of caverns would be the ideal location to set up any sort of pirate hideout, it's underground, hard for invaders to navigate and will put anything that's enslaved to good use. Would also be a great opportunity to set up trafficking tunnels to remove the risk of actually having to deliver goods ourselves by boat.

It would also be nice to have a small population on the island, and that would be even better if it was native or unprotected since we could just lead them into them into the mines. We can just breed animals and have them lowered into the mines for the people to survive. If the area is fairly well populated then we could just work on the mines ourselves temporarily.

Also, I'd appreciate it if somebody could lend me 800gp

qTLQRuS.png

Keep in mind that Grim only flew over for scouting, so it's not like he can really tell what islands have tunnels or not.

At least the only current places that you know have tunnels are the place that you landed in and the Shackles, which have their entire cove and tunnel system on the western side.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Oops

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Come to picturesque The ShacklesTM!

Experience the uniquely accommodating atmosphere!

Explore the local mysteeeeeerious cave systems!

Peruse our famous exotic 'spice' markets!

The ShacklesTM! Spend the rest of your days in style!

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Unnamed Island No. 1

Known History: Party is shipwrecked on the island

Notable Features: Acidic Volcano in the center, jungle natives in the east, monastery to Dahak in the west (destroyed), Fishing village in the north (destroyed)

Only the central volcano and the jungle survives, because the beach was destroyed, making the village rather lopsided

The Shackles (Located West of Unnamed Island No. 1 by a day’s journey by ship)

Known History: The name of the island, settlement on the island, and also sometimes encompasses the group of very small islands nearby. Also the home base of many pirates, but not your captain

Notable Features: Possibly the greatest pirate settlement anywhere in the Western world and the only thing even close to being considered a city in the Windward isles

A sprawling shantytown filled with taverns and brothels catering to travelers landing in one of its five large piers for the greatest of the pirate vessels to the few dozen smaller piers jutting chaotically into the water for mostly smuggling operations

The western part of the island is also filled with coves and natural harbors, though the currents have been known to smash ships against the rocks, so only traversed by experienced navigators. The coves frequently extend into large tunnel networks beneath the surface, though these have not been mapped

The very center of the island is a small forest with the very tallest of the old growth trees. The rest of the forest has been used for building ships, but the pirates have been unable to take these trees down.

The pirate council makes its base of operations here. Votes are tabulated based on the force of the opposing sides. If one side has the ships, manpower, and the will to back it up, their position is usually adopted as a decision.

Hundreds of various small islands closely bunched together on the western side of the shackles, roughly the size of medium size ships (Probably would represent as dots on the map)

Unnamed Island(s) 2,3,4 (East of Unnamed Island 1, half the length and width of standard)

Known History: Three closely connected islands, actually part of one landmass. Due to erosion, only the tops of three large hills from the original landmass are above the water

Notable Features: Generally looks like an eroded hilltop, so pretty smooth, but not much in the way of natural harbors

The area between the islands is closer to a very deep swamp than the open ocean. There aren’t many currents there, and chains of interconnected floating plants can be found strewn across the water. It is possible just to hang onto the plans and pull yourself across.

Unnamed Island 5 (North of 2,3,4. Only the tip should be visible on the map, extends north out of the map, rather large)

Notable Features: Aside from a very narrow beach, entirely covered by jungle.

---

Just a rough write up. When you guys find more, it will become more detailed and such.

I think we should definitely have a look at 2,3,4 first or as I'd like to call it: Morport. Going to the shackles will be useful but if we wait a little bit we may even be a higher level and more experienced. Creating an artificial port will be pretty easy anyway, especially with stone shape.

It's probably best if we make ourselves known later before any of the other pirates have a chance to gather an army against us.

qTLQRuS.png

I think we should definitely have a look at 2,3,4 first or as I'd like to call it: Morport. Going to the shackles will be useful but if we wait a little bit we may even be a higher level and more experienced. Creating an artificial port will be pretty easy anyway, especially with stone shape.

It's probably best if we make ourselves known later before any of the other pirates have a chance to gather an army against us.

The starting island should be called Morpeak

But Morport sounds silly

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Maybee. Shadow isn't a big fan of religion, I don't believe, so he may not care for the "Heretics End" place.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

There are two things that I would like to note, firstly if we get a bit of a break (or timeskip) I can have ~216 skeletal workmen working on our base (they each will of course be a bit specialized by their nature). If the party is willing to pay for my expenses in desecrate spells I can double the number of workmen. (They would each have a total of +7 to whatever profession we would require). I say that the party would most likely have to pay a bit for the desecrate spell costs as it would add up (50 gp a casting, one casting a day totals to 350 gp a week). Of course we would need to procure corpses as well, which should not be overly difficult (look to the nearest river for some really rotten corpses/ skeletons).

Also I may or may not be able to make next session (leaning towards may), I'll be posting full statblocks of my various undead and my character sheet for someone (preferably arch) to use. As a general note to the party, if I'm not there, use the snake as a bruiser, keep the dragon in reserve (the fly speed helps) and don't use the squid in combat unless you have to (the jet would be our effective hyper/squid drive device). Also cast gentle repose on the dragon once every three days.

LNYvk.png

If everyone agrees to a timeskip or a break, then we can always do that.

Timeskip to what end? For their base to be finished? Could I resolve the whaler incident quickly first?

Hope to get back to the party at some point in the next session or two, and if I capture a pilot vessel that becomes simpler.

Would you guys rather have a Barbarian or a Ranger on the field? I don't think we have any ranged heavy hitters.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Well we could go out of sync for a bit. Alternatively, if you want to return to the party soon, we could run the whaling incident at a separate time (or early during the session while the party discusses what to do) and merge the timelines back up.

I believe that Nex is actually a day or two behind, so we could finish the encounter and Nex could probably return to the party, then go from there.

There are two things that I would like to note, firstly if we get a bit of a break (or timeskip) I can have ~216 skeletal workmen working on our base (they each will of course be a bit specialized by their nature). If the party is willing to pay for my expenses in desecrate spells I can double the number of workmen. (They would each have a total of +7 to whatever profession we would require). I say that the party would most likely have to pay a bit for the desecrate spell costs as it would add up (50 gp a casting, one casting a day totals to 350 gp a week). Of course we would need to procure corpses as well, which should not be overly difficult (look to the nearest river for some really rotten corpses/ skeletons).

Also I may or may not be able to make next session (leaning towards may), I'll be posting full statblocks of my various undead and my character sheet for someone (preferably arch) to use. As a general note to the party, if I'm not there, use the snake as a bruiser, keep the dragon in reserve (the fly speed helps) and don't use the squid in combat unless you have to (the jet would be our effective hyper/squid drive device). Also cast gentle repose on the dragon once every three days.

Just to note, Skeletons have a minimum of 1 HD (assuming you aren't using small animals) so you cannot have anywhere near that many skeletons under your control (To control that many you would need to be atleast level 54 not counting any other undead you have, or level 44 with the command undead feat) unless Retech removed the undead control limits as a house rule (which would be absolutely insane). Also just wondering if you are using the Basic Zombie template for your dragon, or are you using the silly Dragon Zombie template for it?

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Just to note, Skeletons have a minimum of 1 HD (assuming you aren't using small animals) so you cannot have anywhere near that many skeletons under your control (To control that many you would need to be atleast level 54 not counting any other undead you have, or level 44 with the command undead feat) unless Retech removed the undead control limits as a house rule (which would be absolutely insane). Also just wondering if you are using the Basic Zombie template for your dragon, or are you using the silly Dragon Zombie template for it?

Fast zombie template as a matter of fact. Retech has ruled that the spell "Skeleton crew" (Link below) can be used for other professions and low intellect crafting, though I would assume that I would have to specify which you were using them for when you used the spell.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/skeleton-crew

LNYvk.png

216 Skeletons, with 7 profession (sailor) could earn, if they took 10, 8-9 gold each. So 1,728-1,944 GP per week.

So if you just devoted 44 you could break even on your Desecrate spells.

Though I am not entirely sure Desecrate would provide double the number of skeletons, since it only refers to animate undead, and gives example of HD increases, as opposed to hard numbers. Though would still get the +1 hp.

If we could find a Gnome Graveyard...

Personally I am happy to provide up to 1,300 GP for the endevour. 200 GP is being fastened to my robes and the other 500 GP is going on my debt from character creation. Provided we can find someone to take the Gems off my hands.

I am happy with the time skip.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Or... I could resolve the pirate incident, bring the ship back to shore with the whalers, hire a Shackles crew to bring it back to the island, and then feed them to your dragon or something. Maybe just take the Leadership feat and keep them on as my trading crew.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

There seems to be no hard cap onto the number of undead that I can control through that manner (they cannot, for instance, engage in combat), what desecrate would do would be to allow me to create up to 4x my cleric level in that sort of undead, as opposed to 2x normally. Given that I can only cast the spell three times a day (as it is a 3rd level spell), casting desecrate before I got animating would double the amount of undead I could control (as the spell has a time limit of my CL X Days).

Skeleton crew mentions the effects of desecrate on it in its description.

LNYvk.png

Oh yeah, it says that =P Sorry, was reading the desecrate spell. So yeah. Just send 45 of them off on silver mining duty each week, still leaves 387 for building. Though the money is there if you want it.

So again on an earlier topic. Do we want a melee hardhitter/tank Barbarian on hand (keeping in mind that we have Grim's undead), or do we want a less tankish Ranger capable of holding their own at close or long range? I'm not sure how happy I am with my current class, so I'm looking into other options.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Ranger. We are unlikely to ever be in a situation where we need to inflict large amounts of damage to individuals(Think boarding a ship)...So unless you want to take cleave a Barbarian isn't terribly useful.

That said, any situation that strips us of Grim's one man and his squid will probably strip us of our boat too...so might be helpful in those circumstances.

Or you know you could try playing a druid (maybe a storm druid) of a more amoral inclination and add to the spell casting (and perhaps blasting) arsenal of the group. I'm just saying that druid is an option (think of the fun that could be had with an aquatic animal companion).

Also, if you let me go first on boarding actions (with a little bit of help from some of my undead), I can clear the deck of useless bodies fairly easily, you lot would just have to stay >30 ft away from me.

LNYvk.png

So yeah. Just send 45 of them off on silver mining duty each week.

The undead you create are 1 Hit Die skeletons that possess Profession (sailor) scores equal to half your character level

I'd stick with barbarian to be honest since they're the heavy hitters and I'm sure it'll turn out to be useful. We don't have any sort of strength based melee and you're a good target for buffs.

qTLQRuS.png

So yeah. Just send 45 of them off on silver mining duty each week.

The undead you create are 1 Hit Die skeletons that possess Profession (sailor) scores equal to half your character level

Fast zombie template as a matter of fact. Retech has ruled that the spell "Skeleton crew" (Link below) can be used for other professions and low intellect crafting, though I would assume that I would have to specify which you were using them for when you used the spell.

http://www.d20pfsrd....s/skeleton-crew