So yeah. Just send 45 of them off on silver mining duty each week.

The undead you create are 1 Hit Die skeletons that possess Profession (sailor) scores equal to half your character level

Fast zombie template as a matter of fact. Retech has ruled that the spell "Skeleton crew" (Link below) can be used for other professions and low intellect crafting, though I would assume that I would have to specify which you were using them for when you used the spell.

http://www.d20pfsrd....s/skeleton-crew

No, I meant to say that he doesn't have ranks in mining.

qTLQRuS.png

So yeah. Just send 45 of them off on silver mining duty each week.

The undead you create are 1 Hit Die skeletons that possess Profession (sailor) scores equal to half your character level

Fast zombie template as a matter of fact. Retech has ruled that the spell "Skeleton crew" (Link below) can be used for other professions and low intellect crafting, though I would assume that I would have to specify which you were using them for when you used the spell.

http://www.d20pfsrd....s/skeleton-crew

No, I meant to say that he doesn't have ranks in mining.

I fail to see the relevence...

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

The undead you create are 1 Hit Die skeletons that possess Profession (sailor) scores equal to half your character level plus your Wisdom modifier (for clerics), Intelligence modifier (for witches and wizards), or Charisma modifier (for sorcerers and summoners). Each skeleton can perform the duties of one crew member but has no other abilities. The created skeletons cannot speak, attack, or even defend themselves. The only orders they obey are ones pertaining to the operation of a ship. Skeletal crew members are not proficient with any weapons or armor.
LNYvk.png

Ranger it is... I've survived without Rage thus far, I think I can manage from here on. Won't be too hard to do the conversion.

Look's like I'm going to be a female African Half-Drow pirate version of Aragorn. Perhaps with more armor.

Now, the question of archetypes. Flavorful but useless mercenary/pirate who can swim a little faster, Rage Ranger who trades in favoured enemy bonuses and a single style feat for a just slightly weaker version of the Barbarian ability, outcast immune to difficult terrain, or just your average Ranger?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Well...You could clone Shadow Wing.

Stable Marine is cool too.

Personally I would prefer if people just kept their characters...

I did present the options presented for a reason. I have no intention to change my character, just trade in Rage and such (which, if I'm honest, is just not something that fits my character) for much more fun and fitting Ranger abilities. If I did this, the only thing that has happened in the last two sessions that would change (except maybe a few things I was carrying on my person) is that after last session I am less 10 HP rather than 7 from my total. Otherwise I would stick with Barbarian.

Really, the Wild Shadow or Normal types are the ones I'd take. Wild Shadow is a Half-Elf only outcast sort of archetype, which fits snuggly with my preexisting backstory (wandered the coasts East of the Shackles, mostly avoiding cities for years partially because of Drow heritage) and doesn't suddenly give me an animal companion out of nowhere.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

All the discussion happens right after I go to bed. It seems to have resolved itself nicely though.

Nef, unseen servant is the same way, however notice that the spell has a range, so they can't travel farther than some 400 or 500 ft away from you. Or rather, you'd need to stay within 400 or 500 ft from all of them. So you'd need to stay with them.

Also they cannot be used to craft magical items. :)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

If I might posit a request/ suggestion, don't enslave any inhabitants without letting me deal with them first, there's a decent chance that I might be able to convert them to the glory of thenatos, which would be preferable to an enslaved population (and they would be quite a bit more loyal to a prophet than a slave driver if it comes to that).

LNYvk.png

Or in other words, let me enslave them with ideology instead of shackles. Also, the stronghold might take a while to build, but I will "pause" the timeskip every week or at critical points to deal with important events (or rather, let you have the opportunity to deal with them or choose to ignore them, at your discretion).

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I'd think that ideology is much more effective (and far less unsightly) than actually shackling the inhabitants.

As a general plan of action I propose:

1) Find a suitable island (really just about any island)

2) Get on good terms with the locals (or exterminate them, as the case may be, though good terms is preferable)

3) Create a suitable harbor using stone shape (Which I Nerefast and I can handle, with me doing the under water parts)

4) Requisition as many human or humanoid corpses as possible

5) Begin the use of the undead as a workforce

6) Create base

7) Create ships

8) ???

9) Piracy

LNYvk.png

Idealogy poses a number of problems...like dissent...It would be far better to create an ideology which reveres wearing shackles and get the best of both worlds. Either that, or we send a plant in to sniff out any dissent and nip it in the bud.

Why not have both? Perhaps institute a theocracy where dissent either means forced exile (read; sold as a slave), or forced military servitude (which would be taken care of by a high ranking cleric, most likely a cohort if I take leadership).

EDIT: Is channeling affected by spell resistance? Because if it is not, one could deal ~ 276 damage a turn to a certain black dragon, provided everyone in the party takes leadership (and their cohorts do as well, as well as their cohort's cohort's, and so on and so forth). Throw an empowered, maximized fireball on top of that, and the dragon is pretty much down.

LNYvk.png

No, if all of the cohorts were clerics that could channel negative energy, and had the undead domain, through simply using the ability of "death's kiss" we would be able to do that much damage at minimum (this is assuming that the dragon makes all of its saves), which would allow us to have the rest of the party very quickly finish it off. The clerics would have the added benefit of allowing for ~29k skeleton workers at a time. This is all assuming that we are 13th level at the time, which imo is the point that it would become viable to attack the beast.

LNYvk.png

We could introduce a Caste System to ensure people did their jobs and didn't get uppity. It would mean a more complicated set up...and it would be very inflexible...But if we got it working then it would be effectively unbreakable.

Outcasts are forced to live beyond the walls of the City, from where none have returned. On an unrelated note tales of Skeleton Point Shipyard are to be quashed.

Eh, chain leadership is not allowed. :)

I'm already very iffy on having leadership, and it is still necessary to meet and recruit the people. They don't pop in fully formed.

Finished Rangermode. Made some changes to the inventory, but I'm going to go ahead and assume they don't take effect until I return to the Shackles for simplicity's sake.

It should be noted that I certainly am not taking Leadership.

Name: Sedrial

[hide]

Player Name: Nex

Race: Half Drow

Class: Wild Shadow

Faith: Pharasma (Former), Wadjet, Apep, Gozreh

| Female | Osirian | 6'3" | 154 lbs. | Dark Brown/Plum Skin | Shaved Head | Lavender Eyes |

Strength: 20 (24)

Dexterity: 15

Constitution: 14

Intelligence: 10

Wisdom: 14

Charisma: 8

HP: 80

AC: 21 (Flat 19, Touch 12)

Initative: +6

BAB: +8/+3

Fortitude: +8

Reflex: +7

Will: +4

CMB: +11 (+13)

CMD: 23 (+25)

----------------------------

Racial Traits:

+2 Strength

Humanoid (Human, Elf)

Medium

Normal Speed

Elven Immunities: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saves vs. enchantment

Ancestral Arms: Bastard Sword

Keen Senses: +2 Perception bonus

Low-Light Vision: See normally in low light

Elf Blood: Count as both Elf and Human for effects related to race

Multitalented: Second favoured class

Background Traits:

Elven Reflexes: +2 to Initiative

Reactionary: +2 to Initiative

Class Traits:

Favored Enemy (Animal +2)

Track

Wild Empathy

Combat Style (Archery)

Endurance

Favored Terrain (Water)

Woodland Stride

Spellcasting

Favored Enemy (Monstrous Humanoid +4)

Unfettered Step

Swift Tracker

Feats:

Ancestral: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword)

Antihero: Fortified Armor Training

Level 1: Power Attack

Style: Rapid Shot

Bonus: Endurance

Level 3: Quick Draw

Level 5: Deadly Aim

Style: Manyshot

Level 7: Heavy Armor Proficiency

Languages: Common, Elven

Skills:

Climb: +13 (+16 w/o Armor)

Handle Animal: +10

Knowledge (Geography): +9

Knowledge (Nature) +5

Perception: +15

Profession (Sailor): +11

Survival: +13 (+16 on tracking)

Swim: +13 (+16 w/o Armor)

Weapons:

Bastard Sword

Wielded: One-Hand

To Hit: +12/+7

Damage: 1d10s +13

Critical Range: 19-20/x2

Misc: N/A

Cost: 35 gp

Weight: 6 lbs.

Falchion

Wielded: Two-Hand

Damage: 2d4s +19

Critical Range: 18-20/x2

Misc: N/A

Cost: 75 gp

Weight: 8 lbs.

Long Spears (Cold Iron, Silver)

Damage: 1d8p +19

Critical Range: 20/x3

Misc: brace, reach

Cost: 195 gp

Weight: 18 lbs.

Composite Longbow

To Hit: +5/+5/+0

Damage: 1d8p +13

Critical Range: 20/x3

Range Increment: 110 ft

Ammunition: 40 Common

Misc: up to +7 Strength to damage

Cost: 800 gp

Weight: 3 lbs.

Inventory

2090 gp

Rod of Wonder: Looted, Belt, 5 lbs.

Bastard Sword: 35, Belt, 6 lbs.

+1 Keen Falchion: 1075, Belt, 8 lbs.

Alchemical Silver Long Spear: 185, Back, 9 lbs.

Cold Iron Long Spear: 10, Back, 9 lbs.

Composite Longbow (+7 Strength Limit): 800, Back, 3 lbs.

Arrows, Common (x40): 2, Quiver One, 6 lbs.

Heavy Steel Shield: 20, Back, 7 1/2

Buckler: 5, Left Arm, 5 lbs.

Mithril Full Plate: 10500, Body, 25 lbs.

Tricorn of Snazziness: Discount, Head, 1 lbs.

Pendant of the Blood Scarab: 1000, Neck, - lbs.

Cloak of Winding Serpents: 2160, Shoulders, 1 lbs.

Belt of Giant Strength: 16000, Waist, 1 lbs.

Lesser Rod of Extend: 3000, Belt, 5 lbs.

Adventurer's Sash: 20, Chest, 3 lbs.

Potion Sponge (x10): 20, Pouches, - lbs.

Potion of Cure Light Wounds (x10): 500, Sponges, -lbs.

Ioun Torch: 75, Satchel, - lbs.

LOST Pitons (x2): 0.2, Satchel, 1 lbs.

LOST Hammock: 0.1, Back, 3 lbs.

Waterproof Bag: 0.5, Belt, 1/2 lbs.

Signal Horn: 1, Belt, 2 lbs.

Waterskin: 1, Belt, 4 lbs.

ACQUIRED WEALTH:

Shell: 500, Pouch, - lbs.

MISC EXPENSES:

Restock/Celebration/Snazzy Hat: 500[/hide]

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Arch, quashing a rumour just makes it all the more beleivable? Why hunt down something that can't bloody well harm you? Unless it can.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Just to clarify before anyone takes Leadership, so they know how I'll be handling it:

1) Leadership does not automatically grant you x amount of followers and a y level cohort, in accordance with the tables and charts. It would make it easier to get a follower or cohort, than someone without the feat, but it is not immediately granted

2) Cohorts and followers, in the same vein as 1), are not mindless automatons. They don't just pop in with all the item creation feats and totally maxed out craft skills. Those would likely be more rare (something to search for, or work hard to attract)

3) Even if the chart says that killing followers only grants a -1 to leadership score, followers don't especially like it when you are recruiting them to be killed and turned into zombies

4) (More of a guideline) It would be preferable to have non-combat or healing cohorts, so I don't need to run huge encounters with 12 individuals taking actions.

Also if someone intends to use diplomacy or bluff very very heavily (like +20 or +30), please talk to me sometime or tell me so I can explain how I handle that.

Questions and comments please so we can talk about it.