It would work. Alternatively you could tie the rafts together in a straight line behind you and move at a slower rate. As long as the rafts didn't flip over, the bodies would be fine.

And I believe so.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Join #Windward

Starting in about 50 mins

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

So unsurprisingly, the level 7 wizard did not defeat the CR 15+ encounter. As he is a heathen non-kobold, he was not treated to the proper funeral and cremation, but instead dumped unceremoniously into the sea, where he seemed to cheat death and found himself awake an indeterminate amount later, floating among the debris of the destroyed Shackles.

Well, my router finally gave out, and I was just able to get it running again, so I apologize for leaving abruptly. Might I ask what happened to Garmund?

Also, could someone clue me in on what I missed?

LNYvk.png

I can get it. I can almost reach it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DHIqUkmj-o

But in all seriousness I think that if myself and one or two others are willing to sneak in and take the kobold we could have a go at taking the whole treasure hoard. I'm going to get arcane mark so that next time this situation arises I can merely touch the most valuable item and then use instant summons (at later levels) to just start having it either teleport to me or find the location of it.

qTLQRuS.png

Ratzenstar:

We explored the Island's caves, found 3 more Kobold bodies for you, they are back at the camp(in a grave). I also found a 100ft drop off, with water at the base.

ShadowWing went after the Stowaway, and lost his trail after a set of impossible to find a path through trees. I assume some sort of illusion magic is involved.

Meanwhile Tena threw up due to the stench of the Kobold Bodies, so the bath came in useful.

I went after ShadowWing, we met up and journeyed back to camp.

Then myself, Tena and ShadowWing went looking for the cave system you found and blocked off. We found our way inside and after throughly exploring found only a number of steep drop offs into water (Similar to the one I found, so underground aquaducts?)

Last thing to happen, I was being lowered into the water, since ShadowWing can't see in the dark/underwater =/

Sedrial:

After docking at the habour opposite the harbour, he agreed a lootsharing scheme with the mercenaries and then sailed for Absolm(or whatever it is). He tried to get a job investigating the shackles, but the crew didn't like that, so he joined the military.

The Shackles:

After you DCed nothing happened to you...Just Kobolds ready to fire at you with their light crossbows.

Meanwhile Elgretor and his Imp were captured by a Kobold. After he failed to cast Lesser Geas on the Cleric, he had the Imp chew through his bindings and escaped.

Once on the surface he cast Commune, asked about Artifacts, and was told that there were some, and the Kobolds 'might' have them (Though Retech later said they definately didn't).

He then uses his invisible Imp to investigate the area, and found a pile of loot. He was spotted by a Cleric and went to hide.

When he got back the loot was guarded by the Black Dragon and a number (4, I think) of Kobolds.

He then sent the Imp on a scouting mission. The Imp was seen, but somehow managed to acquire a bag of valuable cloth and fly half way out of range before initative was called.

The Imp then turned around and cast Suggestion on one of the Clerics, which failed.

Then the Imp was hit with Flame Strike, which the Imp is half immune to, though Retech didn't know that.

The Imp was hit twice more and died (presumably dropping the bag of loot).

After this Elgretor stepped forwards and talked to the dragon, attempting to convince it that he was a Scholar, studying 'The Artifact'.

When asked to describe the artifact Elgretor appraised the pile of loot and found a Vorpal +5 Greataxe (Which the Dragon happened to be standing on...of course).

The Dragon asked to see the Spellbook, and after much discussion, Elgretor passed him the spellbook.

The Dragon read it, asked if that was everything, Elgretor said yes, so the Dragon 'Touched' him.

Elgretor passed the Will Save but failed the Fortitude save. So saw the dragon for what it really was (Kobolds on a Glider...possibly with an Artifact, or some magic anyway), then spent half an hour trying to get the Vorpal +5 Greataxe using heropoints, since he took 42 damage from the Dragon's other attack (not sure what type).

Pretty much it.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Addendum:

Elgretor's thing happened a day or two before Grim arrived

After Elgretor identified the artifact, was when it was stood on

The two saves were will (since he interacted with the illusion) and fortitude for the touch, which was slay living. :)

For Sedrial: Once you decide where you'd like to look for adventure or if you are not really sure, please tell me and I will plan something.

I shall adventure in the military

Huzzah for Absoloooom!

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I think it's very possible that the kobolds also believe the illusion that the black kobold is a dragon. Kobolds effectively worship dragons so that's likely the reason as to why he's the leader.

The illusion just needs to be dispelled.

qTLQRuS.png

The problem is that we're dealing with a 9th level + cleric (or 9th level + druid as the case may be) who in all likely hood also has a fairly powerful artifact in his or her possession. I at least don't want to go up against a caster with higher level spells then I do, on unfamiliar ground, and surrounded by hostile creatures. That seems like a bad idea to me.

I'm going to try to talk my way out of having the kobolds shoot me and then pick you up to find out (IC) what happened.

Also, as a note to nex, if you're adventuring in the military, don't go to the Shackles if you can help it. If you do, and you choose to attack us I'll kill you. And then animate the corpse to prevent Resurrection.

LNYvk.png

Elgretor's thing is a day or two behind yours, but I believe that it does present a chance to meet up, since unconsciousness is an excellent way to sync. :)

#Windward is starting in about 15 minutes.

I came home late and I still need to do some stuff, but I should be there at the regular start time.

Timmy:

Timmy

Size: Small

Level 1 Wizard

Strength: 18 + 2 - 4 = 16

Dexterity: 7 + 3 = 11

Constitution: 8 - 4 = 4

Intelligence: 18

Wisdom: 7

Charisma: 11

Spellcraft - 1 (+4) = 5

Stealth - 1 (+4) = 5

Use magical item - 1

Disguise - 1

Disable Device - 1 (+3) = 4

All Knowledge (+4)

Craft macaroni artwork +3

Starting weapon - stone hammer

Traits:

Classically Schooled

Slippery

AC [8 - 2] = 6

Touch AC [8 - 2] = 6

Flat Footed [8]

Basic Melee Attack +4

Basic Ranged Attack -2

Fortitude Save -1

Reflex Save -2

Will save -2

CMB +4

CMD +12

4 bonus languages (umbral, nethril, ignan, demonic)

Aged 11, Timmy is a skilled craftsman and amateur wizard studying under the great archwizard Elegrator of Absalom. Timmy was born in the shackles. As an orphan he made money selling good luck charms and macaroni artwork which was highly prized throughout all of the shackles.

Feat: Scribe Scroll (wizard starter)

Feat: Craft Wondrous Item (Unavailable till CL 3)

Attacks decrease damage dice by 1 step

Edit: added young template

qTLQRuS.png

It's nice, except Timmy doesn't have a heroic array or level 1 wizard. :)

Also all the dump stats. :o

Alright, what do I have to do to make my character level 7?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I'm not really desperate to keep onto Timmy. If anybody else wants to keep him they can. He shouldn't really be used for combat since he's such a low level but if we're going to take him on then I'll suggest alchemist. Otherwise we can just give him a wand of cure light wounds (1500gp or free if we steal one) and keep him as a good luck charm.

Alright, what do I have to do to make my character level 7?

Well, since I have heard that people have been complaining about my work making Shadow Wing, I will provide only a list of the general changes you will have to make to his character sheet assuming you do not multiclass:

Gains the ability to prepare 2nd level spells using his ability score bonus spells (you may prepare a total of 1 second level spell now which may only be taken from the Ranger spell list: http://www.d20pfsrd....-lists---ranger)

Health increases by d10+1

Gains 7 skill ranks to spend(may not go higher than 7 on any one skill)

Gains 1 rank in either Swim or Survival as per the campaign rule (I think?)

Either an additional skill rank or HP

Base attack bonus increases to +7/+2 (increasing all attack bonuses by 1, The combat manuever bonus by 1, and the combat manuever defence by 1)

Gains Fast Swimmer ability (take half your movement as a move action while swimming with a successful swim check, full movement as a full action with a successful swim check, +2 bonus to swim)

You may select an additional feat

Note: You do not gain the Ranger class's woodland stride ability

Anybody got any input on the golems? I've decided to take Golem Constructor as my level 7 feat but I think I can still change before the session starts. Taking craft construct requires two prerequisite feats that aren't going to be useful, one of which I don't plan to take but I do plan to take craft wondrous item. Is it worth taking one useless feat to open up all the possibilities for golems?

qTLQRuS.png

Oh, thanks. I'll work on that right quick..

Edit: Wyvern, I actually can't copy paste the data from the SRD to Word or anything, so.. Is there a way you could transfer it to a word document or something? I could try and get an account on that pathfinder thing you used to make the sheet, if that'd be easier.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Earth:

You still need to level this up.

[hide]

Name: Shadow Wing

Race: Tengu

Class: Freebooter(Ranger)

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Level: 6

Size: Medium

Height: 4"-3

Weight: 80 lb

Stats:

Strength: 14, +2

Dexterity: 18, +4

Consitution: 12, +1

Intelligence: 12, +1

Wisdom: 16, +3

Charisma: 11, 0

HP: 45

AC: 23

Flatfooted AC: 19

Touch AC: 15

Speed: 30

Initiative: +4

Fortitude: +7

Reflex: +10

Will: +6

Base Attack Bonus: +6 / +1

Melee Attack Bonus: +8 / +3

Combat Maneuver Bonus: +8 / +3

Combat Maneuver Defence: 22

Ranged Attack Bonus: +10 / +5

Spell Resistance: 0

Weapons:

NB. Criticals must be confirmed by a dice roll to 'rehit' the enemy. If you do not confirm it then the attack ONLY deals max damage (1d3+4 would be treated as 3+4).

Bite - Attacks Once at +6, damage of 1d3+2, Critical on a 20 and deals double damage.

+1 B. Sword - Attacks Once at +8 and may attack again at +3 as part of a full round attack only, damage of 1d10+3, Critical on a 19 or 20 and deals double damage

+1 Boarding Axe - Attacks Once at +8 and may attack again at +3 as part of a full round attack only, damage at 1d6+2, Critical on a 20 and deals triple damage. The Boarding Axe also gives you a +2 Bonus to climbing on wooden surfaces.

Heavy Crossbow(Underwater) - Attacks Once at +10, damage of 1d10, critical on 19 or 20 and deals double damage, range increment of 120 feet, for each 120 feet over the first you subtract 2 from your To Hit score on that attack.

Armour:

+1 Mithril Breastplate(Agile and Glamered)

Type: Light

AC Bonus: 7

Arcane Spell Failure Chance: 15%

Max Dexterity Bonus: 5

Cloak of Resistance +1

This cloak gives a +1 Resistance bonus to your Fortitude, Reflex and Will scores.

Inventory:

+1 B. Sword

+1 Boarding Axe

+1 Mithril Brestplate (Agile and Glamered)

Cloak of Resistance +1

Explorer's Outfit

Compass

Flint and Steel

Waterproof Hooded Lantern

Fishhook

String (50ft)

Hammock

Lamp Oil (3 Pints)

Masterwork Backpack

Waterproof Bag

Adventurer's Sash

Reinforced Scarf

Skills:

Acrobatics: +10

Appraise: +1

Bluff: 0

Climb: +6

Craft (Untrained): +1

Diplomacy: 0

Disguise: 0

Escape Artist: +4

Heal: +8

Intimidate: 0

Knowledge (Geography): +7

Knowledge (Nature): +7

Linguistics: +11

Perception: +14

Perform: 0

Ride: +4

Sense Motive: +3

Stealth: +12

Survival: +12

Swim: +12

Profession (Sailor): +12

Profession (Gambler): +9

Profession (Cook): +7

Craft (Ships): +6

Languages:

Common(Taldane), Tengu, Lip reading, Kelish, Osiriani, Polyglot, Tien, Undercommon, Draconic,Dwarven Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Sahuagin, Infernal

Feats, Traits and Racial Abilities:

Freebooter's Bane: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/ranger/archetypes/paizo---ranger-archetypes/freebooter

Track: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/ranger

Wild Empathy: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/ranger

Favoured Terrain - Water +2: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/ranger

Freebooter's Bond: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/ranger/archetypes/paizo---ranger-archetypes/freebooter

Fencer: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/combat-traits/fencer

Shackles Seafarer: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/shackles-seafarer-regional-the-shackles

Two Weapon Fighting: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/two-weapon-fighting-combat---final

Improved Two Weapon Fighting: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/improved-two-weapon-fighting-combat---final

Endurance: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/endurance---final

Two Weapon Defence: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/two-weapon-defense-combat---final

Dodge: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/dodge-combat---final

Disorientating Manuever: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/disorienting-maneuver

Spells:

Lead Blades http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/l/lead-blades

Air Bubble http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/air-bubble

Spells of Level 1 have a DC of 14, if a saving throw is required.

[/hide]

Session in three hours.

Shadows Sheet. Thank you kindly, Archi, for copying all the data into a form I could edit.

[hide]

Name: Shadow Wing

Race: Tengu

Class: Freebooter(Ranger)

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Level: 8

Size: Medium

Height: 4"-3

Weight: 80 lb

Stats:

Strength: 14, +2

Dexterity: 18, +4

Consitution: 12, +1

Intelligence: 12, +1

Wisdom: 16, +3

Charisma: 11, 0

HP: 71

AC: 23

Flatfooted AC: 19

Touch AC: 15

Speed: 30

Initiative: +4

Fortitude: +7

Reflex: +10

Will: +6

Base Attack Bonus: +7 / +2

Melee Attack Bonus: +8 / +3

Combat Maneuver Bonus: +8 / +3

Combat Maneuver Defence: 22

Ranged Attack Bonus: +10 / +5

Spell Resistance: 0

Weapons:

NB. Criticals must be confirmed by a dice roll to 'rehit' the enemy. If you do not confirm it then the attack ONLY deals max damage (1d3+4 would be treated as 3+4).

Bite - Attacks Once at +6, damage of 1d3+2, Critical on a 20 and deals double damage.

+1 B. Sword - Attacks Once at +8 and may attack again at +3 as part of a full round attack only, damage of 1d10+3, Critical on a 19 or 20 and deals double damage

+1 Boarding Axe - Attacks Once at +8 and may attack again at +3 as part of a full round attack only, damage at 1d6+2, Critical on a 20 and deals triple damage. The Boarding Axe also gives you a +2 Bonus to climbing on wooden surfaces.

Heavy Crossbow(Underwater) - Attacks Once at +10, damage of 1d10, critical on 19 or 20 and deals double damage, range increment of 120 feet, for each 120 feet over the first you subtract 2 from your To Hit score on that attack.

Armour:

+1 Mithril Breastplate(Agile and Glamered)

Type: Light

AC Bonus: 7

Arcane Spell Failure Chance: 15%

Max Dexterity Bonus: 5

Cloak of Resistance +1

This cloak gives a +1 Resistance bonus to your Fortitude, Reflex and Will scores.

Inventory:

+1 B. Sword

+1 Boarding Axe

+1 Mithril Brestplate (Agile and Glamered)

Cloak of Resistance +1

Explorer's Outfit

Compass

Flint and Steel

Waterproof Hooded Lantern

Fishhook

String (50ft)

Hammock

Lamp Oil (3 Pints)

Masterwork Backpack

Waterproof Bag

Adventurer's Sash

Reinforced Scarf

Skills:

Acrobatics: +12 (Level:8)

Appraise: +4 (Level:3)

Bluff: 0

Climb: +13 (Level:8)

Craft (Untrained): +1

Diplomacy: 0

Disguise: 0

Escape Artist: +4

Heal: +9 (Level:3)

Intimidate: 0

Knowledge (Geography): +9 (Level:5)

Knowledge (Nature): +7 (Level: 3)

Linguistics: +11 (Level:6)

Perception: +14 (Level:6)

Perform: 0

Ride: +4

Sense Motive: +3

Stealth: +12 (Level:3)

Survival: +13 (Level:7)

Swim: +13 (Level:7)

Profession (Sailor): +12 (Level:6)

Profession (Gambler): +9 (Level:3)

Profession (Cook): +7 (Level:1)

Craft (Ships): +6 (Level:2)

Languages:

Common(Taldane), Tengu, Lip reading, Kelish, Osiriani, Polyglot, Tien, Undercommon, Draconic,Dwarven Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Sahuagin, Infernal

Feats, Traits and Racial Abilities:

Freebooter's Bane: http://www.d20pfsrd....ypes/freebooter

Track: http://www.d20pfsrd....-classes/ranger

Wild Empathy: http://www.d20pfsrd....-classes/ranger

Favoured Terrain - Water +2: http://www.d20pfsrd....-classes/ranger

Freebooter's Bond: http://www.d20pfsrd....ypes/freebooter

Fencer: http://www.d20pfsrd....t-traits/fencer

Shackles Seafarer: http://www.d20pfsrd....al-the-shackles

Two Weapon Fighting: http://www.d20pfsrd....-combat---final

Improved Two Weapon Fighting: http://www.d20pfsrd....-combat---final

Endurance: http://www.d20pfsrd....durance---final

Two Weapon Defence: http://www.d20pfsrd....-combat---final

Dodge: http://www.d20pfsrd....-combat---final

Disorientating Manuever: http://www.d20pfsrd....enting-maneuver

Fast Swimmer:take half your movement as a move action while swimming with a successful swim check, full movement as a full action with a successful swim check, +2 bonus to swim

Lightning Reflexes: You get a +2 bonus on all Reflex saving throws.

Run:You move four times your speed while running (if wearing medium, light, or no armor and carrying no more than a medium load) or three times your speed (if wearing heavy armor or carrying a heavy load), and you lose your Dexterity bonus to AC

Spells:

Lead Blades http://www.d20pfsrd....s/l/lead-blades

Air Bubble http://www.d20pfsrd....ls/a/air-bubble

Dancing Lantern:http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/dancing-lantern

Dream Feast:http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/dream-feast

Spells of Level 1 have a DC of 14, if a saving throw is required.

[/hide]

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Notable Looties:

Spirit Blade (48,502 gp) = +3 Ghost Touch Dagger + dispel magic 1/day

Tiger Pendant of the Jade Regent (Indeterminate price) = One of the fabled seven lost treasures of Tian Xia. Strong magical auras of all types, but powers currently unknown

Ring of Navigation (Indeterminate price) = Highly treasured by pirate captains and their hunters alike, this diamond ring is engraved with a map of the Eye of Abendego. When a strong light is shown through it, it projects a 3-D map of the hurricane. When near the hurricane, a chart indicating current weather conditions such as wind and water movements in the hurricane is superimposed on the 3-D map through its enchantments, allowing the user to treat all winds in the hurricane as one category less severe. Only members of the pirate council and even then, only some of them, possessed such a ring. None have currently been captured by powerful nations, but if they obtained one, it would make it possible for them to chase pirates right into the hurricane and possibly eliminate them once and for all.

(From Before) Feathers of a Firebird = The last remaining vestige of the mythical firebird and its only magical part. Currently inert, they can be activated by someone that the firebird could have befriended in its lifetime and given the proper ritual, create a new one.

Crystal Holy Symbol of a Mysterious God

Rod of Wonder (12,000 gp) = See SRD

Staff of Souls (16,400 gp) = See SRD

Other things:

12 Masterwork Falchions

12 Mithril Chain Shirts

5000 gp worth of assorted gems

1000 pounds of silver worth 5000 gp

10,000 gold pieces

Also there is a note that only appears on the first time that the light is put through the ring of navigation.

If you are reading this message, then you are powerful enough to bypass my maze of defenses. Or, I am dead, most of my defenses are gone, and you are one of my crew. In the case of the former, I have nothing more to say. In the case of the latter, then it is good that you are here. I hope you enjoyed the blood, it took a while to gather all of it. Hopefully I find you well. For the one that reads this, it's good that I've judged your character well enough to know that you'd hunt for the rumored treasure as soon as you were freed of the obligations of my crew. As you know, I am probably regenerating a new body as you read this and will contact you at some time in the future. Be careful of who you speak to and remember that the most important loyalty is the loyalty to one's fellow pirate.

Captain Frega

Eh? I didn't attack the "Firebird" or whatever the eff it was.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Yeah, but you didn't befriend it either....We gave it Liquor, which it liked, and therefore was our Friend, then we killed it because Ross and Grim didn't like it destroying our palisade.

Alright, I work it out to be somewhere just over 112,000 gold of loot in total, not counting the ring of navigation, firebird feathers, crystal symbol or the tiger pendant.

Which comes to 28,000 gold each. If you want the Rod or Staff, deduct it from your total and take it. We can sell it and convert it into gold at the next opportunity.

Furthermore, there are four unique items, one for each of us. I call dibs on the ring of navigation, leaving the fabled pendant, the firebird feathers, and the symbol of an unknown god.