Right, of my 28k I take;

The staff of souls- 16.4k

1k pounds of silver- 5k

6,600 gold coins

And the pendant of the unknown god.

Next session we are going to need to sort out exactly what happened with the other kobolds, and what god the crystal pendant is of. Also we need some huge saddle bags for the dragon, as it should be able to carry all of the loot out in one go.

Journal of the twiceborn:

Day 42

[hide]

Things have been rather hectic so I have not been able to sit down and write as I would have liked for quite some time. The island is coming well under way, I have picked up enough corpses, as well as party members that we have made good progress on making a sloop. One of the new members of our crew, a man who goes by the name of Trazin has convinced us to take the sloop, when finished to look for treasure. I can't say I'm entirely optimistic, but I remember the man being halfway competent in Fregas crew, so there's that. Anyways, I will write further when I have cause to."

[/hide]

Day 49

[hide]

Well we made it to the treasure site on the sloop and things have been fairly insane. After catching and questioning a kobold sentry I ascertained that the snake I sent down to scout out the area was not, in fact coming back. It would soon become the least of my worries. After neutralizing the kobolds lying in wait for us through my power over stone. We then proceeded past the kobold's camp and down through a swamp, at which point we ascertained that we were being followed, by no less than that blasted blue kobold priest himself! So, as civilized adventurers are wont to do, we ran and sealed up the way behind us, before we came upon a secret door of dwarven make. We stoneshaped around the door and came face to face with a scene of murder, murder most foul. Long story short, a dwarf had cannibalized his 20 or so other brothers and attacked us too, trying to kill and eat me. This would not be all together unusual, as I have been told that I would look exquisite with a light wine sauce, but that is beside the point. The point is that the Whispering Way, a name that I fear I shall learn to rue in the coming days, knew of this place, and tried to convert me to their way of thinking by force if need be. I came to this revelation when I read the note left for me in the locket, and found that the dwarf was a vampire. So, after using a scroll of remove curse, I drove a stake through its heart. I will write more, later on a seperate page. Glory to Thenatos, Garmund Twiceborn

[/hide]

LNYvk.png

I think the rod should be held in reserve for my next character, as compensation for Grim or Hex inevitably murdering me. :P

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Tiger Pendant of the Jade Regent

3,400 GP

5,000 GP assorted gems

Rod of Wonder - 12,000 GP

Mithral Chain Shirt 1100 GP

Leaving 6500 GP which can be payed after the falchions and other unnecessary items are sold. Garmund, would you be willing to spare two skeletons for me?

qTLQRuS.png

Alright then. We shall take it to a nearby city and sell what needs selling, dividing up what remains as follows:

Elgrator -

Tiger Pendant of the Jade Regent

Rod of Wonder - 12,000 gp

Mithral chain shirt - 1100 gp

14,900 gp

Garmund -

Crystal God Pendant

Staff of Souls - 16,400 gp

11,600 gp

Tena -

28,000 gp

Firebird Feathers

Trazin -

28,000 gp

Ring of Navigation

Acceptable?

Really Earth should have the Ring of Navigation, since he is the ship's pilot...And by the Fluff it would appear that it makes the ship 'immune' to hurricanes, rather than just one person, if wielded by the Captain.

And the Firebird Feather's aren't really loot, since Grim already owned them.

Also the amount of direct loot seems lower...

There is 10,000 GP and effectively 3k of trade goods(Gems and silver).

The blade amounts to 24,251 gp.

6K rod of wonder and 8.2K of Staff of Souls.

Mithril Shirts come to 6,600 gp, the Falchions come to 2,250.

So the total 'Gold' is only 60,301 (Assuming I added proficently, and assuming you manage to sell them at a decent store rather than somewhere that price gouges)

15,075.25 each.

Though obviously if people don't intend to sell all the items then the lootshare fluctuates.

Mostly included for people counting their chickens before they have hatched, and cause it seems like Tena is left holding the bag...She gets to hold the quest stone and a smaller portion of the Gold than the 15K above, since Garmund and Elgretor took most of the actual Gold...

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I forgot that you can only sell items for half value, which does indeed skew it. Rather silly, but I did do those calculations when I was half asleep, so sue me if you must.

Which unfortunately leaves only 15,000 gold each. Still a relatively large amount, and I don't really mind giving up 1,600 of my share so Garmund can have the staff. Aside from that minor thing, the only part which is actually changed is the amount of gold in coins each person is receiving. Once everything bar the unique items, staff and rod are sold, we can divide up the gold, meaning Garmund gets the staff of souls and the crystal icon, Elgrator gets the Rod of wonder, a mithral chainshirt, the Jade Pendant and 1,900 gold, Tena gets 15,000 gold, and I get 13,400 gold and the ring of navigation.

And I'm taking the ring, even if it isn't the most "efficient" option. The note Frega left was directed to the one who was originally seeking the treasure, which was me. I'm also a relatively proficient navigator, so it's not like it would go unused.

That was a rather fast division. :-w

The closest cities from the Windward Isles are from closest to farthest:

1) The New Kobold City on the Shackles - Ruled by the mysterious black kobold that killed Elgretor in their first encounter and a triumvirate of blue Kobold clerics (perhaps not three anymore though). The newest city-state in the Inner Sea, being founded only a month or so ago.

2) Cheliax - Ruled by a devil-consorting noble class. This oppressive lawful evil totalitarian state is a rival of Absalom, but allied with them to defeat Captain Frega

3) Absalom - Center of trade and freedom in the inner sea. They've faced corruption from the ruling party and a slow, inevitable decay, but they are still the most powerful city-state. They are also sworn enemies of Captain Frega and have led most expeditions to end piracy.

4) Osirion - One of the oldest empires in existence, much declined from its peak. A center of necromancy and monarchy, but also generally isolationist in its slumber.

----

Also, forgot to mention. The wearer of the ring of navigation is also protected by the spell nondetection with caster level 20, hence why it hasn't been found yet. (So DC 35 to scry)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Cool, so my loot now is:

Staff of Souls

Crystal Pendant.

Also, I'm only going to kill Sedrial if you come looking for us, or if we come into contact with you, and you fight us. At any rate:

Garmund Twiceborn

HP: 50/50

Unused Spell Slots:

1st level: 4 Unused Spell slots

2nd level: 2 Unused Spell slots

3rd level: 1 Unused Spell slot (gained at level)

4th level: 1 Unused Spell slot (gained at level)

Channeling: 3 Channels left

Also, how many HD did that kobold cleric have, and was it carrying the staff of souls? And how many charges are currently in the staff? And have we checked the body of the kobold cleric for loot yet?

LNYvk.png

Well the ring is worth at least 144,000 gp for the spell alone, and probably twice that for the hurricane effect...Now if only there were a some large empires nearby to sell it to....We could be up 500,000 gp. I wonder if there is an additional finder's fee, or if you are just beaten up and the ring taken from your cold dead hands.

I wouldn't sell the ring tbh, I'd think that there would be some... consequences later on once frega regenerates and we have sold it, that and it opens the possibility of using the Eye of Abendengo to do some good old fashioned raiding. I suggest harrying Cheliax under the guise of freed halflings. Now all I need is some halfling corpses...

Also there's the fact that in all likelyhood we wouldn't walk away from that deal alive, and certainly not with the money.

LNYvk.png

You could sell it to one of my Brother's in the Shadow Plane. They are power hungry tyrants, but the Archian name still has some honour left. Questing in the Shadow Plane would be cool..

We could probably sell it to the Whispering Way too, but that doesn't mean it would be a good idea (Though they have given me quite a few very useful items, from a knockout potion to a scroll of message, to a set of vampire fangs).

It might be a decent idea to keep the mithril and masterwork items for our own use, I'm sure arch would be willing to reimburse you for them (you have 6k worth of gems).

LNYvk.png

I'd prefer to keep the ring, just in case we run into that hurricane and we need to use it to escape. Also, the fact that none of the major empires have it means we can raid using it freely without worrying about dying. Horribly.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Shadows sheet is now updated to be level 7. I think I got it all right.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

You're now level 8 iirc. After we ganked the kobold cleric (turns out dropping 20 cubic feet of stone on its head isn't a one hit kill, who knew?) we all leveled up to level 8. Something about beating a CR11 encounter as a level 7. On a side note; that encounter should count for anyone (aside from Elgretor) who fought in it, who wants to take a prestige class that requires that sort of thing.

LNYvk.png

So now I have to do that whole process of figuring out what Shadow needs again. ... Welp.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I said that you guys leveled. :)

Usually it's after completing a major plot arc or event.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Okay. So I'll just go and update the sheet now that I know what I'm doing.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

A couple of questions

For the group:

Haven't we just declared war on the kobolds? If so how should we respond? I vote alpha striking them, if we can get the jump on them we can in all likely hood deal with the clerics quickly and (most importantly) separately, through use of the create pit spell and stone shape for one, and disemboweling for another. That would leave us free to use burning/exploding skeletons to slaughter the rest of the kobolds, and to deal with their leader in some way or another.

For retech:

Could hex copy a stone shape that I scribed into his spellbook? For that matter, could he copy any spell that I scribed which has an arcane counterpart into his spellbook (I would, of course charge for my service). If so would he gain it at cleric spell level, or wizard spell level?

How many charges are on the staff of souls?

How many HD did the kobold cleric have?

Was the kobold cleric carrying the staff of souls? (because that would explain a lot)

Can the dragon take saddle bags through the tunnel system? (because that would let us take all of the loot out in one trip)

Would the spell "Sky Swim" allow the squid to move at jet speed through the air?

And as a note to Ross, I'm on my phone right now, not a computer.

LNYvk.png

1) He can copy down a spell from a scroll that you scribed, but it needs to be on his spell-list and takes up a spell slot as if it was a wizard spell. (So using the wizard level)

2) The Staff has five charges remaining

3) 10 HD

4) Yes

5) Yes

6) Yes, but it wouldn't really work with the ship attached to it

Since we're going to be resting for eight hours, I'll be spending that time copying some of the useful spells from Garmund's spellbook. I'll need to spend one hour sleeping so that I am not exhausted (and instead I'll be fatigued for next session. It will take 15 hours total to prepare all of the spells below so I'll start with stone shape since that's the one which is going to be getting us out of the crypt the fastest and I can copy the rest of the spells on the ship-ride back.

Animate Dead - 160gp (DC 19)

Skeleton Crew - 160gp (DC 19)

Stone Shape - 160gp (DC 19)

Spellcraft = +15 (so I need to get a 4 or below to fail)

22, 33, 29

15 hours

-

I honestly don't care how the kobolds are dealt with for now and I'll go along with whatever is the popular opinion. Just take into account that the kobolds probably don't know that it was us that that killed their men and they may not even know they were killed if we take the bodies (which I'll do).

qTLQRuS.png

Well, the reason I asked everyone to keep track of which spells and hitpoints they've used is because I wasn't sure if the party decided to rest.