The money per day is small, yes, but there's the chance of encountering some real bigshots if you do well, and then the reward could potentially be a gamebreaker (in the figgurative of the figgurative sense; a significant change, not overpowered).

Retech, would interpretive dance to go with storytelling count as Dance or Act?

Archi, you sliced the strings of a masterwork lute in the middle of a bard's performance, a bard which might I add follows the religion of Calistria, the god of trickery, lust and revenge. Expecting a different outcome (except perhaps one where I wasn't ambushed) could only be called ignorance. You might as well have walked up to a brawler's face and insulted his mother.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

>"Oh god, there's a bard playing in the village square."

>Time to assert authority:

>Slice strings of lute from a distance.

>Get pinned to the ground by a small teenage girl armed with a whip and a fountain pen.

>Break lose, run and hide.

>Return and deliver victor's speech after a friend ran her over from behind.

Certainly the acts of a true ninja.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Mather, I am an Emir, not a guard.

Act in character:

>Give a warning

>Inflict a punishment

>Take Abuse

>Wait until attacked (As Retech was supposed to do but didn't), or you back down, then take action.

Deviation path:

>Hide behind a rock to prevent needlessly killing your summoned creatures/you (since you had not directly attacked me at that point).

>Return and assert that we live in a society of laws, and lawbreakers will be punished.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Nef, those underhanded techniques were of the assassination, stealth and disabling variety. Relying on delivering accurate and deadly strikes from the shadows and using strike points to shut down the opponent's body during combat, not running away from little girls in frilly dresses.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

MAGNANIMITY, n. [L. magnanimitas; magnus, great, and animus, mind.] Greatness of mind; that elevation or dignity of soul, which encounters danger and trouble with tranquility and firmness, which raises the possessor above revenge, and makes him delight in acts of benevolence, which makes him disdain injustice and meanness, and prompts him to sacrifice personal ease, interest and safety for the accomplishment of useful and noble objects.

You seem to forget that the girl in a frilly dress was holding a pen at my throat, which I deliberately abstained from avoiding, despite its capacity to kill me.

If you think on it, the only 'mean' act I committed was preventing you from leaving AFTER you said you would make it your bussiness to destroy the settlement. Magnamimity is all very well and good when I am only risking my life, but when I am risking the lives of my fellow Islanders I have to act.

But given your only concern was making a quick buck out of the Islanders I don't expect your character to grasp these high minded ideals.

Character needs finalising.

I need two feats and I'm not taking toughness since it feels like a cop out. I was thinking of maybe taking a spell perfection but I may be a little too low level for any of the very useful spells.

-

Improved Initiative

Leadership

Fast Study

[uNSPENT]

[uNSPENT]

qTLQRuS.png

You:

De*lu"sion (?) n. [L. delusio, fr. deludere.]

1. The act of deluding; deception; a misleading of the mind.

2. The state of being deluded or misled.

3. That which is falsely or delusively believed or propagated; false belief; error in belief.

Su`per*cil"i*ous (?), a. [L. superciliosus, fr. supercilium an eyebrow, pride; super over, + cilium an eyelid; probably akin to celare to conceal. Cf. Conceal.] Lofty with pride; haughty; dictatorial; overbearing; arrogant; as, a supercilious officer; asupercilious air; supercilious behavior.

Me:

Im*per"ti*nent (?), a. [F., fr. L. impertinens, -entis; pref. im- not + pertinens.]

1. Not pertinent; not pertaining to the matter in hand; having no bearing on the subject; not to the point; irrelevant; inapplicable.

Things that are impertinent to us. Tillotson.

How impertinent that grief was which served no end! Jer. Taylor.

2. Contrary to, or offending against, the rules of propriety or good breeding; guilty of, or prone to, rude, unbecoming, or uncivil words or actions; as, an impertient coxcomb; an impertient remark.

3. Trifing; inattentive; frivolous. Syn. -- Rude; officious; intrusive; saucy; unmannerly; meddlesome; disrespectful; impudent; insolent.

BENI''GN, a. beni''ne. [L.benignus, from the same root, as bonus, bene, ancient L. benus, Eng. boon.]

1. Kind; of a kind disposition; gracious; favorable.

2. Generous; liberal; as a benign benefactor.

3. Favorable; having a salutary influence; as the benign aspect of the seasons.

4. Wholesome; not pernicious; as a benign medicine.

5. Favorable; not malignant; as a benign disease.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Historically your defination of me has always been Europe's perception of the British...And Europe's defination of itself has been your defination of you.

Unsuprisingly Britain is the country who's Empire spanned a quarter of the Globe, while Europe contented itself to fight pointlessly amongst itself and occassionally distract Britain.

Then again, I am not the one who is saying:

"I could have murdered you easily"

While also saying

"You ran away from a girl in a frilly dress"

Nor claiming that playing music for coin is a benign act.

I won't get into a flame war with you over this, so either leave and take your addiction, or stay and try to be productive.

What Race Nef?

Take Dodge and Mobility if you can. They require 13 Dexterity but are fairly handy for a Wizard.

Split Slot is a good choice.

Combat Casting...

Improved Counterspell

Jackal Blood

Skill Focus

Spell Focus + Varisian Tattoo

Spell Penatration

Lunge

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/feats-db

Heh. Mather is playing as a girl in a frilly dress, for some reason. I'm surprised, I thought his masculinity couldn't handle that. Oh well, I'll just stay as the ships pilot.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Alright guys. This is getting way out of hand. If you want to debate about history, that is what the Back Room is for. This thread is for Windward related discussion and the sort only.

Also, as of late, there have been a lot of heated discussions with some inappropriate posts being made. So for those of you participating in these heated debates, please reread the Tip.it Forum rules and try to follow them. Been a lot of posts that have been on the borderline of breaking rules lately.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

:)

I can handle any combat during the session, as intersession stuff isn't normally done anyways.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Righto. Three things.

First, locate object only has a range of 700ft at your level (cheliax is in the hundreds of miles away)

Second, know direction only tells you where north is.

Third, you will submit to my terms or you will not take the only ship off of the island. This is non negotiable. The skeleton crew won't obey you and neither will the squid. You could try to attack me, like you did with arch, but that would end poorly for you.

Also, this isn't just a general way to keep you from selling us out, it's an insurance policy against you doing something stupid, and trying to blame us for it/ getting the location of your "allies" tortured out of you.

If you do not submit to my terms, and still try to leave the island permanently, you will be a threat, and treated accordingly.

LNYvk.png

I'd be fine with Mather being set up a place in the less settled areas of the island, personally. Alternatively, he could receive a state salary as an entertainer or summat. Bards are good for attracting attention, he could spread tales of the Windward Haven to the world.

Not to mention, if he minded his place, the forest Fey would probably love him.

@Grim: I would ask yet again whether you could tell me what some of those spells you had in mind were, buffy or otherwise.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Well Blessing of Fervor is just all around good (As in, if you're self buffing you will probably use it every combat). I'd definitely swap out control water to something more useful (Doesn't have to be Blessing of Fervor, could be something different, as I almost always start combat with that buff). 3rd level I'd get one buff spell, and then spells that you would use every day (if we do any more dungeons, stone shape would be one, maybe water breathing for another). I'd get lesser restoration for a second level spell, because even though I have an inane number of scrolls of it, we could always use more (and you *want* to be able to get rid of ability damage). Silence is another second level spell that I'd get, use it after you get your buffs down (and then stay away from the other casters). I'd get Dispel magic too if you can (you can almost always find a use for it, but you don't know how many castings you will need). When we level (and you get more 4th level spells) I'd look at freedom of movement, or Tongues or something similar.

As a rule for spontaneous casters, if you can't use it every day (or encounter) and it is not AMAZING (like tongues for instance) then it's probably not worth getting. Especially if you aren't playing as a human.

LNYvk.png

Quick question.

http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/p/paizoPublishingLLC/pathfinder/companion/v5748btpy86j7

And

http://paizo.com/products/btpy8k8r?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Ultimate-Magic

Have spells by the same name, and the SRD only uses the Ultimate Magic one. Can we choose to use the old one?

Whenever a different spell with the same name is published, it overrides the previous spell.

So generally not, but if you ran it by me, then we can talk about it.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.