Clarification:

New characters start with WBL one below that of the party and receive no additional boons.

Leadership (the feat) is being replaced by Leadership (the roleplaying). If you currently have leadership as a feat, you may switch it out to another feat.

Also I have something starting up on Sundays, so the current time for WIndward overlaps with that a bit. So I have two options:

1. Same day but start an hour later

2. Switch Windward to Saturday

If anyone can't do Saturday, I will go with the first option, but the second one would result in a longer session. Comments?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Leadership (the feat) is being replaced by Leadership (the roleplaying). If you currently have leadership as a feat, you may switch it out to another feat.

1. Same day but start an hour later

2. Switch Windward to Saturday

Three spare feats to replace. May go for the whole craft construct route. I was thinking about getting true name which as I understand it means that the extraplanar creatures don't plot to kill you unless you really abuse them. Seems like a good choice.

No preference.

qTLQRuS.png

I wouldn't be able to attend on the wednesday sessions. If you do siwtch it you'll probably have to count me out.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

It seems reasonably split, so I think I will keep it at the same time but an hour later. I'll try to extend the back-end of the session though, if possible.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I vote Saturdaaaaaaaaaaay

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Aye. We can change it back next week. It seems somewhat silly to cut the session an hour short because of someone who hasn't joined yet, and someone else who is not 100% reliable (Sorry Earth).

I think everyone else is happy with Saturday.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Oh, wait, he said Saturday? I read it as Wednesday. Herp. And it's fine, you guys shouldn't wait for me, I'll just join in as much as possible.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Has anyone asked Ross?

Hmm, I think I will switch it to Saturday for now and see what happens.

Just to be clear: Same time except on SATURDAY :)

-

Anyone who likes, feel free to join the channel. Retech will get here eventually.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I am here. Just got pulled for lunch a bit late.

Really, we want to make the land uninhabitable for a few weeks, but thats all.

I think next session we should head to Hyrantam. Its population is only 2,000, so we should be able to do some piracy there, and it is much closer than Chelliax. The region is CN, so there is little danger of getting tracked and killed.

Alternatively we could head south to Eleder, with 8,000 population, which is a TN region.

There is Senghor with 26,000, and part of the Mwangi Expanse which probably offers richer pickings, but far more risks.

Finally we could head towards the Isle of Kortos and simply engage in ye olde generic piracy.

The other options are are invade the Kobold town (Which is high risk, low reward, we can just set the rats off at the beginning, go adventure and come back the session after next), go deep sea diving (spends most of our reserve of cash on suits and has unknown rewards/risk) or go after the Whispering Way/Fey/Drow (which is doable, but dangerous)

I don't really see us pulling off an assault against the drow. I think it has something to do with how they dealt with the duergar (Teleport in, round everyone up, teleport out). I think that there's more to the kobold city than what we saw, and it would definitely be the easiest to take on (though the fey are a possibility, what with the amount of iron that they're sitting on). I don't know how we would get ahold of the whispering way even if we wanted to take them out, they seem to be fairly elusive.

Or you know we could actually partake in trade with either the drow or some other nation. That's an option too.

LNYvk.png

I vote Tzitzi, second place Danse Macabre, third place Winterwight.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

The thing is we don't have a huge amount of resources, so opening a trading bussiness would be tricky. We could, of course, go and buy slaves and get the Island working, but the outlay would end up being considerable for something that would pay off in a year or three.

Hence Piracy in one of those four areas is probably the fastest way to gain those resources, as well as set up interesting plotlines for Retech.

Also:

I would point out that, even assuming no one actively tries to sabotage the ritual, there is a good chance we will end up summoning something that we can't control, especially given we are level 8 and most of them are CR 15+. I mean RPGs are replete with foolish groups of NPCs who summon a guardian who turns out to be a blight which they can't handle. With all the 'We fly across the bridge missing 1 slat' paranoia it seems remiss to fall into this obvious trope.

Added to which huge undead creatures aren't neccessarily the most inconspicious way to defend the base. We could build a Stone, or Iron, Fortification, armed with Ballista and Catapults, or Cannons and Musket Men, or whatever. If neccessary we create the undead to man the battlements, and we place the CR 16 Undead Monster in our under/over-ground lair, for the dramatic reveal at the end of the great battle...Not as the first and only line of defence.

There are numerous reasons beyond 'It goes mad and attacks us' for this...Consider if we are attacked by multiple groups, or if we are attacked by 'that one enemy' that our undead has trouble with. Also consider that 'One big enemy' means that our first responce is also our last resort 'Some people are heading towards our base, if they get too close we might not be able to fight them all off.'

We need something that is practical, not just cool.

(If Star Wars has taught us nothing else...and it hasn't...Big Uber Weapons are not nearly as useful as we like to think)

I'm not saying that it would be our only line of defense, crossbowmen are quite useful, and will be used in conjunction with fortifications. As will traps, if they are reasonably priced; I'm not saying that we shouldn't do those things, and I fully intend to furnish them, and more if possible. Ideally we would also have a small number of golems ready to act as body guards, as well as a small army of skeletons, and a small army. Also, we would hopefully be able to, at cost, add in a section of the ritual that brings the undead monstrosity to heel, and keeps it from killing us at the very least.

You know, if we wanted to take a bit of a risk, we could probably find a fair bit of treasure in the Mwangi expanse as well, or by exploring the Cyclopes ruins in the Shackles (and there should be Cyclopes ruins in the area around the Shackles, and the sodden lands.)

And to be fair, we had no way of knowing whether or not the bridge would collapse into the yawning abyss, and falling down there seems like something that you wouldn't survive.

LNYvk.png