That is assuming that he ever makes it back to the island (with a couple of rope tricks and overland flight it is possible), or he knows how to get back after you, you know left him on the shackles.

I thought you were picking me up since you were taking a trip to the shackles?

qTLQRuS.png

I wouldn't know where to look, and I try not to metagame. I'll be going to the shackles once a day for around a week to harvest corpses from the dock area (perhaps a longer time period, it would depend on how many rafts I could string along). That reminds me, retech would it be possible for me to attach 5 rafts to the boat and not have them all disintegrate while going at squid jet speed?

LNYvk.png

He is better off at the Shackles(or at least he was until it exploded) than stuck on our Island. He can/could of collected followers, guards and other folk and prepared them for transport while the rest of us worked on preparing the settlement.

Nef is more of a Diplomat than a Builder, after all =P.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

You could stay on the Island and loot/talk your way to wealth and riches. Alternatively turn invisible and hide in a barrel, get yourself loaded onto a ship and then assassinate the Captain when it is at sea. Then pick off the crew until they surrender.

There are plenty of ships heading to Absalom filled of people fearful for their lives.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Crewed by people who can, and who will rip you apart unless you prepare yourself. By prepare I mean scribe a couple of scrolls of fireball and let loose while flying and with wind wall active (preferably on a sloop or something similarly easy to control via unseen crew). Or you know you could actually pay for your passage.

LNYvk.png

Nef, commoners who can't defend themselves = Soliders of Tommorow. You just need to use the Crucible of Revolution.

Alternatively use them as cannon fodder by casting Invisibility on half of the water barrels(preferably also moving them) and then starting a mutiny against the captain.

Killing the weak is almost never a good move, since if they die the strong must then fight the strong, which causes greater losses of strong on your side.

Another alternative is to round up a group of mercenaries (Shackles has tonnes of them) and get them to board a ship as poor people, then mutiny during the crossing. You would then have a crew as well as a boat.

Though I would still recommend staying at the Shackles...Unless the Island slips into the ocean it is probably the best place to be...Think of all the abandoned properties...all the opportunities to go "Oh my, do you want my help moving that expensive object?" "Oh dear, I appear to have dropped this weight on your boot and then punched you unconscience." and so on.

I find the softly softly approach works considerably better than 'Fireball, Fireball, Fireball' Especially considering that Retech is under no obligation to use level appropriate enemies if you start a fight after being warned.

:)

Nex did defeat a CR 6 or 7 encounter by himself, and with great risk came great reward. Of course, it was also my fault that I described the ship in grandiose terms without expecting that the ship would be defeated.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Sigh. Wyvern, why not turn it over to Nex to fiddle with if that's okay. I've been trying to dick around with it and have made no decent progress.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Sigh. Wyvern, why not turn it over to Nex to fiddle with if that's okay. I've been trying to dick around with it and have made no decent progress.

Well, in order to hand over control of the character sheet I need an account to transfer it to. If you really want you can make a list of the player choice changes (Feats, Skills, Spell, and Favored class bonus) and I will update the character sheet for you. I simply cannot just make that sort of decision as I don't know enough about how you play Shadow Wing to know what fits, especially as the campaign has shifted from the game type Shadow Wing was intended for, so I am perfectly fine with Nex deciding for you.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

I need to level up my own character as well. I've added a +1 to my HP from the favoured class bonus and updated my daily spells. Are there any differences to my class features (fort save, ref save and such)?

Also, Doctors don't refer to phobias with the phobia suffix normally.

qTLQRuS.png

Let Nex decide, if he feels like it, he has the knowledge of the feats that I'd need. But seriously, sometime soon I've got to sit down with one of you whiz kids and get information on all this shite. It's making my head spin just considering everything I've got to do.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I'm not too good with TWF, but I suppose I could try. You just have to transcribe the sheet into a different format, as no electronic device I own can seem to get at the site Wyvren used to build Shadow.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

So 80% sure I will be good to go on Sunday, but if my mom pulls me out suddenly, is there any time that would be good for a makeup session?

Also based on certain suggestions from a person, I will be giving out the option to take certain feats from Libris Mortis as a "knowledge" reward if you guys decide to study deeper into certain magical arts.

Of course, lots of different avenues of knowledge for anyone that decides to go looking.

I'm considering getting the three item crafting feats instead of the one golem constructor. Although I don't really think constructs are going to need much versatility it will certainly be helpful to have a few low-cost golems such as the iron cobras and then something to really aspire to such as the adamantine golems. Craft wondrous item seems useful as well, has anybody else taken it?

Craft magical arms and armour seems like it will be wasted, I can't really use any of it myself and although it will be useful for my followers and everybody else it feels like such a wasted feat, is the feat worth it for construct creation.

Because of planar binding I can double my crafting time and fabricate is instantaneous but I'm not about whether it can craft wondrous items. Everybody having wings of flying seems appealing. Also, I won't be able to make constructs as quickly which will be a bit disappointing.

I'm sure that I'll find a non-typical use for the arms and armour or one that I can do without the proficiencies but really it's more of a question of whether the enchanted armour and swords will be helpful or whether it's just a wasted feat. Also remember that the feat means that we get Clockwork Leviathans.

Thoughts?

qTLQRuS.png

Item creation does still cost money, just less of it.

At the end of the day it depends on how you want to play the game, if you want to turn your character into the quartermaster then go ahead.

Anybody got any suggestions for a 4th level spell? I'm already taking Phantom Chariot and am a bit tied for options.

I was thinking of either:

Enervation

Black Tentacles

Lesser Geas

Obsidian flow (3d6 and entangle)

qTLQRuS.png

Well what other spells are you getting? Because if you're only getting phantom chariot you might do better to swap that out for ride the waves, which gives you water breathing and a swim speed (you could also get phantom chariot later). As for a second wall, I'd suggest either wall of ice or stone shape personally.

Oh and if you can get 3rd level spells too, I'd suggest rope trick and wind wall (You don't need that many blast spells tbh, and fireball does fairly well at this level).

Also as a question for retech, how many rafts would one be able to tow behind the boat without destroying them at squid speed?

LNYvk.png

Well, you could tow maybe 4 or 5 on the way there, but if you wanted the rafts to stay level so you could pile the bodies, probably more like 2 (avoiding storms). Also I made a small mistake with the calculation of ship speed, so it actually should take only one day to the Shackles (and half a day to the middle island).