Legitimate Reasons to Raise All Skill Caps to 120+

NukeMarine

They should make all skills go up to level 120, When many players reaches starts to max.

And when i say that, i mean atleast 10-30K players with Max cape-Completionist capes :)

Ohhh.png

The way xp rates are now, no. 25 skills at 120 is 2.6 BILLION xp. To put that into perspective, rank 13 has 2.57 billion xp. I find it hilarious how the OP states the 5% outfits like those are actually significantly useful. Even if they were 3x xp outfits that never degraded, it would still take a long time.

Also it's funny reading previous comments supporting the idea of all skills lvl 120 and they are like 1500 total. Good freaking luck kids. I'm nearly maxed and I think this is a crazy bad idea.

It's not just the 5% items. Daily and weekly bonus xp, skill pendants, auras plus all the various skills individual bonuses coupled with future updates will make leveling faster. Now, I'm not up on each skills efficient (ie not gods awful expensive) method of leveling, but if you cap out at 100k xp/hour that means 1,000 hours. Shaving off 50 hours is noticeable. The 3x imaginary boost shaves off 660 hours. Future updates likely allow a more smooth linear gain per level meaning (such as rising from 100k to 200k xp per hour) if not much jumps that will shave time off.

But here's the kicker: I'm not expecting a high percentage of players to max out this time. Yes, the main reason is to spread out player accomplishment from those that grind out 10k+ hours versus those that "only" put is 1k+ hours. RS seems to be more about the grind at the high level, so why not acknowledge it with a visible skill total to reflect the hours?

To put it in perspective: your #13 with 2.57 billion Xp would still not be maxed out in all skills cause most of that XP is from the extra 100m XP by capping easier to grind skills. Getting 100m in each of the skills would take much, much more time and cost so you're not as likely to see the first 100 players maxed out for a long time.

I spat out my drink almost laughing, especially at that second sentence. Like I said, even 3x xp would barely help. If you really think this is a good idea I am floored.

Also that last sentence is wrong, because wouldn't EVER see 100 players maxed.

The grind is a huge problem and turn off for many people from Runescape. People can't even get 95 herblore because of no money, even though everyone always says money is everywhere. Hell, you can't even get 99 combat stats.

Do you even know what your "200kxp/h" implies? If, on average including every skill, it is 200k/h per skill, it would take 13000 hours to get 120 everything. That is 542 DAYS. And that doesn't even count time it takes to make money, even time spent enjoying the game. Add 43 more days to that when Jagex releases the 2 new skills. And also this is assuming average xp/h will increase to 200k. If it stays at current rates, which is more likely, you can double that time. Almost 1200 days straight. The current xp rates getting to 99 are already ludicrous.

A full time job is 40h/week. There are 28800 hours in 1200 days. That means 720 weeks if you take Runescape as a job. So it would take 14 years for a new account to get 120 everything. 7 years if the 200k/h method. And this is if you know exactly what you are doing from the start, and provided you even start with 200k/h at level 1.

Your idea would only make it worse, as Runescape will become a game where only the unemployed and welfare queens are able to get anywhere.

• Like 1

Just because we can think of reasons it's a good idea, doesn't mean it should be done. I can think of reasons that pouring syrup over my head is a good idea (tasty! other people can lick me without being awkward!), but that doesn't mean I should do it. There are downsides to every potential change, and in this case those downsides massively outweigh the benefits.

Also, you seem to be under the impression that maxing is bad... or at least, that we should have as few maxed players as possible. I can't say that I agree with that idea. For a lot of players, our end goal is to max, or get quest cape, or comp cape, or the like. Making any of those goals so far out of reach that less than 100 people of the thousands of players of this game could re-max is not a goal we should be aiming for.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

The way xp rates are now, no. 25 skills at 120 is 2.6 BILLION xp. To put that into perspective, rank 13 has 2.57 billion xp. I find it hilarious how the OP states the 5% outfits like those are actually significantly useful. Even if they were 3x xp outfits that never degraded, it would still take a long time.

Also it's funny reading previous comments supporting the idea of all skills lvl 120 and they are like 1500 total. Good freaking luck kids. I'm nearly maxed and I think this is a crazy bad idea.

Again, pretty sure it's people who just want to return to the days where there were only 3 maxed players.

Here's a question: why should Jagex make the game 7x more grindy then it is and alienate every player with a maxed combat stat and maxed cape?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Probably raise prices of all ores, herbs, seeds, etc. as people begin training those stats more, and as people invest in them.

Maybe a short-term drop in rares if rich people decide to become True Construction Masters but I doubt it.

Hard to say :s

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

"- Allows for a better determination of a player's committment to the game."

There is a substantial difference between commitment and enjoyment. Commitment is already measured. To keep my completionist cape I have to do every half assed quest and piece of content they introduce in the game now. It's not hard to mass produce content just to see if your players are "commited." On the flip side it's extrememely difficult to create content that people actually continually playing after release day. Not because they have to, but because they want to. That is what Jagex needs to be focusing on now, and quite frankly, they are doing a horrible job of it.

S2buxtG.png

There is a substantial difference between commitment and enjoyment. Commitment is already measured. To keep my completionist cape I have to do every half assed quest and piece of content they introduce in the game now. It's not hard to mass produce content just to see if your players are "commited." On the flip side it's extrememely difficult to create content that people actually continually playing after release day. Not because they have to, but because they want to. That is what Jagex needs to be focusing on now, and quite frankly, they are doing a horrible job of it.

Some of their recent re-works have been amazing. Granted they should be as polished on day of launch, but I really enjoyed the update temple trekking.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Some of their recent re-works have been amazing. Granted they should be as polished on day of launch, but I really enjoyed the update temple trekking.

Yeah, I really like the update to Al-Kharid, as well. Looking forward to them working on the rest of the desert.

I do think many of their reworks wind up looking just a bit too... busy. Too much stuff going on to easily take everything in. But that's so far in the other direction, for Runescape, that it's okay, heh.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

We have levels up to 99 to assign content to and 200m xp for the overachievers. 120 in all skills would both demotivate all but the most determined players and bring almost nothing to the game.

I agree with this. It would also raise the prices for all 'collecting' skills. Imagine herb prices alone... And that's maybe not a problem to the people with max capes & phats etc,

but for new players or people who play RS occasionally it will be hell to obtain raw materials. Also, don't even remind me how much more bots there will be in-game...

Besides: it's already stupid enough that they made dungeoneering L120 cap. I will never get there simply because it's stupid, max cape is good enough for me one day :)

• Like 1

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)