Steam Winter Sale

Riku3220

I'm really having to limit myself atm. I still haven't played all the games i picked up in the Summer sale so haven't bought many yet. Picked up AOE3 complete last night and Worms Ultimate Mayhem for £2.74.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I am in the same boat as Dan. I have to many games. I wanted to get Anno 2070, but I am going to hold off on that till a later date. I think the last game I am going to get is FTL. After that I should be done.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Picked up Terraria yesterday for about $3.40, although to be very honest, I am not very impressed by how the game starts out.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Picked up Terraria yesterday for about $3.40, although to be very honest, I am not very impressed by how the game starts out.

I've seen the game. I still don't understand why people who know I have minecraft keep telling me to get it. I suspect they might be crazy. Maybe I'm just missing something, or maybe it's just the way I play Minecraft.

• Like 1

Worst sale ever. I usually spend $100+ in the first 5 days of a Steam sale, and with this one I've spent like $20 in 15 days. The one game I really wanted (Scribblenauts) ended up being on sale for $7.50 on Amazon and I got my gf to buy me it for Christmas. I knew about the cheaper price on Amazon from when it was a daily deal on Steam thanks to an Amazon employee. There's benefits of using the same sites as store employees.

Bought Quantum Corundum before, wanted it for a little bit so decided to splash out.

Also a tip for everyone that I heard from TotalBiscuit:

Buy games as gifts. They go into your steam inventory, and if you never do actually play it you can trade/sell it, and you still maintain the option of playing it yourself if you do want it.

Right after the end of the Summer sale my friend gave me that advice. My inventory has now 21 items in it. It'd be well over 150 if I had thought about that from the start.

Metro 2033 was available on the THQ HB two weeks ago for 1 cent (if you were a tight ass)

$1 if you wanted the Steam version. Although, you should at least try for the average, more if you can afford it.

What don't you like about Terraria? I'm a very avid fan of the game, and will definitely help people get the most from it.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Worst sale ever. I usually spend $100+ in the first 5 days of a Steam sale, and with this one I've spent like $20 in 15 days. The one game I really wanted (Scribblenauts) ended up being on sale for $7.50 on Amazon and I got my gf to buy me it for Christmas. I knew about the cheaper price on Amazon from when it was a daily deal on Steam thanks to an Amazon employee. There's benefits of using the same sites as store employees.

Bought Quantum Corundum before, wanted it for a little bit so decided to splash out.

Also a tip for everyone that I heard from TotalBiscuit:

Buy games as gifts. They go into your steam inventory, and if you never do actually play it you can trade/sell it, and you still maintain the option of playing it yourself if you do want it.

Right after the end of the Summer sale my friend gave me that advice. My inventory has now 21 items in it. It'd be well over 150 if I had thought about that from the start.

Metro 2033 was available on the THQ HB two weeks ago for 1 cent (if you were a tight ass)

$1 if you wanted the Steam version. Although, you should at least try for the average, more if you can afford it.

What don't you like about Terraria? I'm a very avid fan of the game, and will definitely help people get the most from it.

To be fair, the game has the same problem Minecraft has: unless you've seen videos, you have no clue what the heck you should be doing. To make matters worse, there's no tutorial, and you get raped by slimes.

22031_s.gif

I've seen the game. I still don't understand why people who know I have minecraft keep telling me to get it. I suspect they might be crazy. Maybe I'm just missing something, or maybe it's just the way I play Minecraft.

I think it depends on the way you play Minecraft. If you went into it thinking "rad lego simulator" you might not get as much out of Terraria as someone who thought "oh sick randomly generated terrain with massive cave systems and dungeons and shit". Terraria is definitely the better "game", which is probably why a lot of people recommend it.

• Like 1

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I play minecraft as an architect. Quite frankly, I hate mining. It's boring and tedious. I don't care much more for building structures, which is why I now use MC edit to help me out. I like designing things and playing around. To be fair, I only got around to seeing terraria very recently, after I had already started toying around with the technic mod for minecraft, which has revived the game for me by taking out a lot of the tedium in designing circuits (don't get me wrong, I loved the mazes of red wire, but I'm ready to move beyond that), which means I am actually comparing vanilla terraria to technic.

Endgame Terraria has so much more to offer. Hallowed armour, angel wings, megashark, hamdraxe, fairy bell, and magic mirror are just awesome.

Basically the 'what the hell am I supposed to do here?' thing, the guide shows me how to see what raw materials can be crafted into what, but so far the only thing I could figure out was convert bronze coin into silver. I have no idea how the house, crafting works, or where I am even supposed to go/do. I hit a cliff pretty soon above ground, and digging deep ended up me being blind and drowned in a pool of water.

Not exactly what you would call a good start. But I have open ears/eyes on where I should start etc.

Also, as my last purchases, I bought KotOR I and II, ME 1 & 2, and Hearthfire and some Vertical scroller.

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

The Witcher is on for $2.50 for the next 12h. I've been told it's a really good game.

So far I've picked up:

Universe Sandbox

Saints Row 3 Season Pass DLC

Wargame: European Escalation

Civ V Gods and Kings Expansion

R.U.S.E

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

I wonder if they'll have any last day specials tomorrow.

Basically the 'what the hell am I supposed to do here?' thing, the guide shows me how to see what raw materials can be crafted into what, but so far the only thing I could figure out was convert bronze coin into silver. I have no idea how the house, crafting works, or where I am even supposed to go/do. I hit a cliff pretty soon above ground, and digging deep ended up me being blind and drowned in a pool of water.

Not exactly what you would call a good start. But I have open ears/eyes on where I should start etc.

Also, as my last purchases, I bought KotOR I and II, ME 1 & 2, and Hearthfire and some Vertical scroller.

I'll admit, it's a bit confusing at the start, which is why playing with friends early on is extremely helpful. With houses, you also need to add a wall to the back of it. While you can't use the preexisting dirt, if you use a hammer to remove it, you can place it back there as a wall. Here's a video by Hero for making a room for an NPC to live in, it also works for making your own room, but you only need a bed, no table or chair needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pij1fy_NMw

Always have torches on you when you go exploring, the materials to make it (gel and wood) are really easy to obtain early game, and it'll keep you alive. For getting rid of water you need to dig out areas for the water to go, and then seal them off so the water gets trapped. Eventually you'll get very good at hiding water.

The Witcher is on for $2.50 for the next 12h. I've been told it's a really good game.

So far I've picked up:

Universe Sandbox

Saints Row 3 Season Pass DLC

Wargame: European Escalation

Civ V Gods and Kings Expansion

R.U.S.E

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

I wonder if they'll have any last day specials tomorrow.

I got universe sand box, and R.U.S.E as well. I get confused on USB, but I think it will be fun once I get the hang of it.

I won't be able to buy anything tomorrow, so this is what I ended up getting in the sale.

R.U.S.E-$12.99 (Cost $20,saved $7)

Wargames: European Escalation-$9.99(Cost $40, saved $30)

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit- $4.99(Cost $20, saved $15)

2 DLC's for Borderlands 2- Both together were-$10.00(Cost $15, Saved $5)

Two copies of Universe Sand Box (Bough one for a friend)-$5.00(Cost $20, saved $15)

Prince of Persia Complete pack [For a friend]- $20(Cost $49, saved $30)

Total cost before discounts- $165

After-$63

Not to bad if I say so my self. Only game I see I could have saved more was RUSE, it's on a flash sale at the moment for 75% off. Ah well.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I'll admit, it's a bit confusing at the start, which is why playing with friends early on is extremely helpful. With houses, you also need to add a wall to the back of it. While you can't use the preexisting dirt, if you use a hammer to remove it, you can place it back there as a wall. Here's a video by Hero for making a room for an NPC to live in, it also works for making your own room, but you only need a bed, no table or chair needed.

Always have torches on you when you go exploring, the materials to make it (gel and wood) are really easy to obtain early game, and it'll keep you alive. For getting rid of water you need to dig out areas for the water to go, and then seal them off so the water gets trapped. Eventually you'll get very good at hiding water.

I should have mentioned where I can get into a house in the first place :P

Anyway, really really last purchases: Trine Collection.

tim_chenw2.png

My shopping results this sale:

Saints Row the Third full package $7.49

Orcs Must Die 2 complete package $6.24

Terraria $3.39

KotOR I $2.49

KotOR II $2.49

Razor 2 Hidden Skies $1.99

Skyrim Hearthfire $3.32

Mass Effect Collection (ME1 and ME2 Deluxe) $29.98

The Witchers Enhanced $2.50

The Witchers 2 $7.49

Trine Collection $8.74

Total $76.12

My wallet is wailing badly

tim_chenw2.png

I've avoided visiting Steam for almost a week now. No more spending >_<

But that SR3 full package looks really tempting.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS