Behind the Scenes Feburary

Henry-X

IMO its going to be either the pickaxe or some d weapon that no one is expecting (like a warhammer).

Why do I think pick? Remember how we got the axe? Huge monster, multicombat, wilderness-equilivant danger associated with getting to the actual monster. My cash is on it being the pick, but if its not the pick then they will just make it a dragon weapon that no one is expecting. (more jagex humor :roll:

I just hope they fix this "Ranger walk of Death" bug that they introduced recently. They seem to be in denial that it even exists. It not only affects rangers put people doing barrows and mages also are dieing.
Remember the weak mage glitch? They denied it forever then when they finally got annoyed enough they checked it and it was a glitch :lol: (they posted on the official forums saying it was fixed after they noticed it lol)

My point is is that Jagex needs to stop making dragon monster drop only. What that does is continue to blow it out of proportion. I have said it hundreds of times; somthing lower on the 'smithing table' (and general store prices) should NOT be allowed to have a market value higher than somthing higher on that table. (eg; Dragon chain 23 mil, D legs 2.5... yeah, makes a LOT of senese). And now Jagex seems to not really care about it anymore, because they aren't taking any steps to remedy the problem.

Obviously the smithing table doesn't apply to Dragon items. If that would have been the case... the very first dragon item would have been the dagger.

What he means about the smithing table is shop prices. Ie how d legs protect over chain, for example.

Theres nothing wrong with the way they have the drag items being dropped. Chain is most definitly the better looking part of the drag armor. So obviously it should be more expensive.
Looks is part of it, but they main reason it costs so much is just because only the KQ and dds drops it, and she's so strong, and the drop rate from dds is so rare.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope they fix this "Ranger walk of Death" bug that they introduced recently. They seem to be in denial that it even exists. It not only affects rangers put people doing barrows and mages also are dieing.

Remember the bones grinding hidden update. Jagex should take better care in introducing new problems with each update.

mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.png

Regarding the estimate cost of this new weapon : The main cost will depend on the monster level, difficulty, and rare drop rate.

The Wilderness welcomes a new visitor this month. At first, local bandits and wolves thought it was some kind of rain cloud, but the path of devastation scattered in its wake told them otherwise. Even the KBD made sure not to annoy this beast, since he knew it was bigger than him. Fans of dragon weapons should make sure they visit but be careful! Multiway wilderness areas are not the safest places in the game, so take some friends to watch your back. More information to follow on release.

By guess of this new monster that it will be a beast. Next we get a estimated clue that it looked like some kind of rain cloud which could mean it is dark in color. Next, this beast could be bigger then the KBD and it is within multi combat wilderness.

EDIT : Rain Cloud could also mean it may be able to fly or has wings?

foreverforher.gif

By guess of this new monster that it will be a beast. Next we get a estimated clue that it looked like some kind of rain cloud which could mean it is dark in color. Next, this beast could be bigger then the KBD and it is within multi combat wilderness.

windbeast.png

(lets see who knows who this is, its the first thing that popped into my mind when I read about the new beast :D)

windbeast.png

(lets see who knows who this is, its the first thing that popped into my mind when I read about the new beast :D)

looks like something out of a zelda game

First D-Drop on 7/2/07! (skirt)

Trading herb seeds for herbs with INSANELY GREAT ratios to earn you millions!

One of the few players of Runescape who knows PHP, Java, Javascript, HTML, and Advanced Image Editing while being under 18! \:D/

windbeast.png

looks like something out of a zelda game

Nope, its not going to be that easy to find. Its from my fav game series tho :D

windbeast.png

tazmanian devil painted blue ?

lol if it is whats my reawrd :lol:

windbeast.png

tazmanian devil painted blue ?

lol if it is whats my reawrd :lol:

lol nope, and the reward for the winner is a m4g1c c00k13 :lol:

If i had to guess between D2H or d pick I would say pick because D2H will be the ultimate last thing they will ever release in the dragon set...

then again u never know JAGeX

Dragon plate will be the last :P

Imagine what you'd need to do to get the plate if the square shield involves a semi-high quest and a rare monster drop. I imagine the plate being divided in 4 or 5 parts one of which is accessed through a quest, one is a rare drop like d med or shield half, one comes through a treasure trail, and one is a drop from a high level monster like kq, kbd, king daganoths or maybe even dark beast. The last part should be obtained from a minigame like the lavacape :shock:

Good idea on how to make it, and very likely that it will be that way when it someday comes out :wink:

newbankofrsyq0.gif

windbeast.png

Windbeast! :D

This month sounds great, I can't wait for the new treasure trail items. :)

You get t3h m4g1c c00k13! :lol: Its good to see a fellow dragon warrior fan lol

They need to give Fally Park a graphical makeover; there's like 200+ players in Fally Park World 2 at any given time :P

Also, Drag Weapons are now completely obsolete thanks to Jagex introducing the Whip. Hopefully the special is somewhat similar to the old Granite Maul, which was NEEDLESSLY nerfed due to the mass whines of players dying in the Wilderness. Basically, if the Special doesn't allow for a 3-4 Hit KO in the Wild, the D2H will be nothing more than a Rare Drop, with next to no utility in-game. I think it's time for Jagex to consider creating new top-of-the-line items that at least rival Barrows / Whips (IE 70 Stat Requirement Items).

sig7uu.png

They need to give Fally Park a graphical makeover; there's like 200+ players in Fally Park World 2 at any given time :P
Yea. Like make it so you can't say a thing by autotyping. :roll:

Urza. The One. The Legend.

96703366.thumb3.jpeg

Yea. Like make it so you can't say a thing by autotyping. :roll:

They could always make a Police Station in Fally Park with NPC's that come out and beat you to a pulp (in this case, they'll 2 hit you to 0 HP) if they catch you auto-typing. Auto-Typing has got to be the easiest Macro to detect.

sig7uu.png

mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.png

Woo, Hoo! Best news I've heard yet!

Thank GOD!

im like 100k from 80 range and this past week has been absolute hell

my biggest problem used to be seeing that annoying a mother dragon message on my screen because id always click examine when i was trying to beat someone to a drag but now.. i just run out and get fried. like really should a ranger need to use 5 lobs to kill 12 blues? i think not

I'm really waiting for the piratey update... Maybe it's a mini-game you can do after a quest? it seems to be... Seems rather fun and the piratey equipment is just.... Arrr!

The rest looks fun too! Once we get more clues remind me to try and get one to sell the rewards fo some millions ;)

art_crazy.png

The Wilderness welcomes a new visitor this month. At first, local bandits and wolves thought it was some kind of rain cloud, but the path of devastation scattered in its wake told them otherwise. Even the KBD made sure not to annoy this beast, since he knew it was bigger than him. Fans of dragon weapons should make sure they visit but be careful! Multiway wilderness areas are not the safest places in the game, so take some friends to watch your back. More information to follow on release.

they didnt sad it was a new dragon wapon... could be a monster that drops hallys often... or ddp 100%...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Speculation on the unnammed minor improvements:

* Fixing the pathing problem walking from tzharr to the brimhaven dungeon created by the addition of that hand in the sand quest hut. Man I hate that hut... now the walk is much more painful.

* The ranging bug-It's real, I swear it is. Black demons didn't used to be this hard... you keep running at them instead of standing and shooting from the places that always worked before.

* New agility shortcuts. (I don't know where but they're an easy minor improvement for them to stuff in)

* More servers. Man they are getting so overloaded that its hard to find a midwest server under 1950+ ppl playing on any given afternoon. (Dallas, St Louis, etc) They added some new servers today but I really think they need to add 1 or 2 additional servers per existing city for most of the US at least (don't know how overloaded things are getting elsewhere).

I predict it will be easier to sell sharks and super sets in edgeville for a few weeks after the wildy update ;)

I'd also speculate that the new wildy beast will require more strategy than just super set/sharks/whip/prayer. Dagganoth kings introduced a new balance given that you can't just attack one with prayer on lest the other two smite you, you need friends and a battle plan... I predict this one will require some kind of special item to be equipped that is useless virtually anywhere else. Or something off the wall like you have to be skulled from doing a pk before attacking it.

they didnt sad it was a new dragon wapon... could be a monster that drops hallys often... or ddp 100%...

THAT is a good point... it may just drop existing dragon items. When they introduced the other dragon weapons they always said "new dragon item" with the emphasis being on NEW. In this one they didn't say new... so indeed you could be quite right, this beast may just be another dchain dmed dropper...