Behind the Scenes: February 2013

Equenox

I can't wait to HEAR the new NPC's though (assuming they are voiced, but Jagex said they'd voice all new quests).

I mean, thus far we've only heard Humans, Imps and the TzHaar (as well as Sirens and Sea Orphans, but those were never part of the big races). I'm EXTREMELY curious was the Mahjarrat sound like and, with some luck, Zanik and the gods too.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I'll be mainly sticking around for the Quest. Hopefully it isn't a case of false expectations like BoE was.

A few thoughts:

--I hope the 800k XP is in skills of my choosing, rather than useless combat XP.

--Why make the Dominion Tower Gloves even more obsolete than they already are?

--Why couldn't they start with the Quest, instead of that other stuff? I don't want to wait!

I'll be mainly sticking around for the Quest. Hopefully it isn't a case of false expectations like BoE was.

A few thoughts:

--I hope the 800k XP is in skills of my choosing, rather than useless combat XP.

--Why make the Dominion Tower Gloves even more obsolete than they already are?

--Why couldn't they start with the Quest, instead of that other stuff? I don't want to wait!

Dom tower gloves are hardly obsolete; they are free Nex gloves aside from the +2 prayer. For those of use who can't afford 6om odd for a pair of gloves they are very very useful.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Dom tower gloves are hardly obsolete; they are free Nex gloves aside from the +2 prayer. For those of use who can't afford 6om odd for a pair of gloves they are very very useful.

Though I have the gloves unlocked, I find the fact they no longer have specials and require replacement every 4 hours to be majorly distracting. With the addition of these new gloves, which *may* be as affordable as Glacor boots are in addition to also being non-degradeable, I think they will safely replace Dom Gloves assuming those conditions are met.

Sinkholes look neat, though they hold no personal appeal with me. I think I'll give that a miss.

The quest is what has my attention. I am no fan of quest fights, so the lower the cb reqs the happier I am, and for major lore quests in particular, I'd just as soon see them be open for more of the community and then reward the high levels after the fact. Might even get my quest cape back after that one, since it's been a couple months. Looking forward to the re-homing, though the prince and princess (royalty in general) would not have been my top pick for people I want to meet in the enchanted valley. Unless they are still frogs of course (it doesn't seem like a place where humans should live). I am more looking forward to the museum in draynor, and the update to the Varrock Museum. Always a highlight for me when more stuff is added there.

Not sure if I care about the slayer tower. Might try to get a task there lined up, just in case.

I think having to replace things are fine as long as its not too frequent. Personally paying a upkeep of 5 fights for a recharge is more effective that them being completely destroyed, I feel the whole "destroy" theme very disfunctional.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Though I have the gloves unlocked, I find the fact they no longer have specials and require replacement every 4 hours to be majorly distracting. With the addition of these new gloves, which *may* be as affordable as Glacor boots are in addition to also being non-degradeable, I think they will safely replace Dom Gloves assuming those conditions are met.

That is true, new highest always makes the next step down a bit less desirable; I was not denying that. I was more commenting on the fact you called the 2nd best gloves in-game 'obsolete' already - even though they are 2nd best in-game, entirely free and stats wise only very very very marginally in 2nd place. Their current status is anything but obsolete and even after these new gloves arrive they will still hold a key place as the 3rd best gloves (by a tiny margin) but free compared to the prices on nex ones.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Looks to be a good month. I wish I hadn't stopped playing/understood the new game system so as to do that quest. From the description it sounds like the kind of quest I've been longing for since I got my quest cape ~4 years ago. Requirements seem low, but probably just perspective.

I really like the idea of re-purposing old npcs. They were annoying to encounter but I kind of miss that they're gone completely.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Okay, this makes me want to play again. That quest alone looks like something that would re-energize me into playing again, especially given I haven't logged on since September.

I think I'll take this opportunity to reinstall the client. :3

• Like 1