Wilderness Ditch?

Dhuman4

I say keep it.

Too many people going to do the trade drag luring if you remove it.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Removing it would only be a detriment. I remember back in 2007 before the ditch, just trying to sell stuff on the forums was a pain in the arse because every other guy was a wannbe lurer. The less time I have to spend dealing with chucklenuts private messaging me "I'll buy ur whip, meet me north of Edgeville," the better.

• Like 3

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I'm definitely in favor of its removal. I was devastated when I saw it was included in this snapshot of 2007, it's a symbol of the events that led to the removal of the Wilderness and everything thereafter (also it's annoying for Runecrafting I guess, and I hate seeing people hanging out in its neutral zones).

• Like 1

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

There is no problem with the ditch at all unless you want to lure. Seriously get over it. (pun half intended).

• Like 3

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

post above sums it up

Seriously the ditch is necessary to prevent luring, we don't need to remove it because we can't do one less click... People ask for the game to be reverted because it's too easy, now they whine about clicking once to cross a ditch

• Like 1

Sugar_Nana.png

People also wanted the game to be rolled back because it was too easy and held your hand all the time.

There are two thing that can happen

1.Person asks you to meet above edgeville

-You go

-You get lured

-You don't get lured again

2. Person asks you to meet above edgeville

-You don't go because you're not stupid

• Like 2

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I'd rather not change anything, let it be a nostalgic and authentic snapshot of August 07. I have never been a big fan of the ditch, but once you start making changes and tweaks to OSR then you're going to have to keep making changes because there will always be someone who'll be vocal about disliking something.

Leave it as it is, warts and all. If we really do have the mature 18+ community that people keep touting then we'll be able to deal with the things that aren't quite part of each individuals personal view on the golden 'scaping composition and be able to focus on and appreciate that which we do have and enjoy.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

but once you start making changes and tweaks to OSR then you're going to have to keep making changes

Lol, he thinks there won't be changes to the game

They're already going to be starting the polls they SAID THEY WOULD DO for adding/changing content next week.

As for the ditch

It's useless, get rid of it.

You know what else stops luring? A brain, as well as....

wildy_zps23f855d4.jpg

• Like 1

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

but once you start making changes and tweaks to OSR then you're going to have to keep making changes

They're already going to be starting the polls they SAID THEY WOULD DO for adding/changing content next week.

As for the ditch

wildy_zps23f855d4.jpg

'Thinks there wont' and 'I'd rather there not be' are two different things mate.

Regardless of whether jagex are going to implement change or not doesn't have to impact my views on whether they should or not.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

As for the ditch

wildy_zps23f855d4.jpg

Jesus [bleep]ing christ this, if you ignore a giant popup that stops you in your tracks and explicitly states that terrible things may happen to you then you deserve to be lured.

in other news, coffee is hot...

• Like 1

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Doesn't that message only appear a few times? If it didn't, I'd much rather jump over a ditch then quit a popup every time I go in the wilderness.

I don't want Jagex wasting their time and effort on removing things like this.

Personally I don't care if the ditch is there or not, but I don't see how it hinders on anyone by being there. I've never been lured and I really don't understand how it happens (I really don't understand people's stupidity), but since luring seems to be pretty apparent, it's probably for the best anyway.

And as Omali said, it's also annoying when you waste your time with 'wannbe lurers'.

• Like 3

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

It's annoying enough that every other trade at W2 Varrock is someone trying to scam by changing 34000 to 3400 or w\e, don't need another thing that people can try to scam with. Even though luring was fun as hell, it really was just a pain in the ass to everyone.

People also wanted the game to be rolled back because it was too easy and held your hand all the time.

There are two thing that can happen

1.Person asks you to meet above edgeville

-You go

-You get lured

-You don't get lured again

2. Person asks you to meet above edgeville

-You don't go because you're not stupid

3. You try to sell an item legitly

-You get mass spammed with people begging you to meet above edgeville.

I'm definitely in favor of its removal. I was devastated when I saw it was included in this snapshot of 2007, it's a symbol of the events that led to the removal of the Wilderness and everything thereafter (also it's annoying for Runecrafting I guess, and I hate seeing people hanging out in its neutral zones).

If your reason for having it removed is people standing in its safe-zone, then they will just move to the 1 square divider between wildy\non-wildy... it'd make no difference.

jagerbluebt1.gif

Thx to MxM for parts of the sig!

Jesus [bleep]ing christ this, if you ignore a giant popup that stops you in your tracks and explicitly states that terrible things may happen to you then you deserve to be lured.

Good to see the "blame the victim" community never left. Of course you conveniently forget that the wilderness popup box often didn't stop the person from entering the wilderness, in fact it wound up several times being a detriment to the victim of a luring attempt because it prevented them from being able to properly move until the window went away, allowing them to be bound and dogpiled while helpless. I also remember a string of exploits where players could force a player following them to run forward into the wilderness, thus killing them.

in other news, coffee is hot...

This coffee I'm drinking is chilled. Wrong again.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

, in fact it wound up several times being a detriment to the victim of a luring attempt because it prevented them from being able to properly move until the window went away, allowing them to be bound and dogpiled while helpless. I also remember a string of exploits where players could force a player following them to run forward into the wilderness, thus killing them.

Except for the fact that the pop up physically STOPS your character from moving 10 STEPS BEFORE you even reach the wilderness.

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

, in fact it wound up several times being a detriment to the victim of a luring attempt because it prevented them from being able to properly move until the window went away, allowing them to be bound and dogpiled while helpless. I also remember a string of exploits where players could force a player following them to run forward into the wilderness, thus killing them.

Except for the fact that the pop up physically STOPS your character from moving 10 STEPS BEFORE you even reach the wilderness.

Nope. There was a lure I distinctly remember back in 2007 where your character would continue running despite the popup.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

This is a pretty easy subject for me.

It's a couple of clicks...

It helps retain the nostalgia and Old School aspect of this game that we all are playing for/came back for.

Side note; If you get lured because of no ditch, more than one time in your career, you're 100% deserve it.

-Returning player from 2006-2009 era. Old username used to be Alpha Koldes. Back for Old School RS.

Less no lifing this time around. Thanks a lot, adulthood.

This, but I think he's talking about the glitch where a person could get you to follow them. Even then it's more of a problem with that exploit than the lack of a ditch...

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

I'd rather not change anything, let it be a nostalgic and authentic snapshot of August 07. I have never been a big fan of the ditch, but once you start making changes and tweaks to OSR then you're going to have to keep making changes because there will always be someone who'll be vocal about disliking something.

Leave it as it is, warts and all. If we really do have the mature 18+ community that people keep touting then we'll be able to deal with the things that aren't quite part of each individuals personal view on the golden 'scaping composition and be able to focus on and appreciate that which we do have and enjoy.

After reading replies here and there - I'm going to have to retract the above post, I was wrong, there's nothing wrong with making superficial changes so long as they have the support of the community. Quite exciting to be given the chance to build RS again, the correct way.

• Like 1

Rock_Hard.png

I like the ditch, and I spent literally all of my time on scape edge pking for over a year in 09. I loved to fight, win/lose, quickly prepare for the next fight and get back out there, and the extra 2 seconds the ditch cost me never caused me any concern, I'd often veng as i jumped to get rid of both animations in 1 go, and jumping over the ditch gave you some time to think about what you're actually doing and appreciate you're about to be in the wilderness.

EDIT "build RS again, the correct way." :)

CNqWHdA.jpg