auras auras everywhere!

khandajatt

Ok so I got loyalty points (100k or more dunno exact) not sure which auras r actually worth gettin and also my friend told me that I have to buy low tier ones first to use higher tier ones is that true? Thanks :)

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

Jack of Trades is the #1 aura. Then after that, Penance and Vampyrism are good for combat, and Greenfingers is good for, um, noncombat. Getting the first tier of the skilling auras (Call of the Sea, Quarrymaster, Tracker, etc.) is also fine, since 5k points is relatively cheap; if you're going to be doing a lot of that skill, you could upgrade further, I guess.

Imo, the best auras are:

Greenfingers (makes money, farming herbs)

Penance (saves inventory space and a bit of money at bosses)

Jack of Trades (little bit of xp daily, takes little time)

Vampirism (basically same as penance, but food is more annoying to eat in combat than pray pots)

Equilibrium - if you ever hunt things with low health (champ scrolls for instance), this will guarantee a one-shot kill on anything under 1400-1500 lp with maul, for example (used with momentum, ovl, turm @ banshees and never missed, 1350 lp, not using void cause it's banshees).

Only greenfingers is upgradeable of these.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Hmm penance or vampyrism? And also i have some of the skills maxed like fishin cookin wc smithin herb flectch so those ones r pointless which other ones r gud?

1. Whichever. They're pretty similar.

2. If you're going to train hunter, get the hunter one. If you're going to train thieving, get the thieving one. If you're going to train mining...you get the idea. These ones aren't generally worth upgrading past the first tier, though, unless you're really going on a training marathon. (Greenfingers is the exception--all four levels are definitely worthwhile.)

Interestingly, the disease protection of greenfingers seems to be entirely useless.

Why do you say that? Reduction of disease in stage 1 is still valuable?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Stage 1 appears to be free of disease regardless, though I'm not in on the data exactly :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

They can't get diseased from the first farming tick, with or without an aura :P

So you'd never see a dead plant as a sprout, only the first herb stage... Hmm interesting. Now I wish I'd logged my data a little differently.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

They can't get diseased from the first farming tick, with or without an aura :P

So you'd never see a dead plant as a sprout, only the first herb stage... Hmm interesting. Now I wish I'd logged my data a little differently.

I can confirm this! I also had dead sprouts numerous of times!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Wisdom's not really very good. It saves maybe 30 seconds of training a day if you're at maximum efficiency for the full half-hour.

Eh, it's alright. It's not about the time, it's about squeezing a bit more xp out of costly resources like bones. It's not like any other aura is going to help for things like that and there's only a handful of auras worth having.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Wisdom's not really very good. It saves maybe 30 seconds of training a day if you're at maximum efficiency for the full half-hour.

Eh, it's alright. It's not about the time, it's about squeezing a bit more xp out of costly resources like bones. It's not like any other aura is going to help for things like that and there's only a handful of auras worth having.

It is about the time, though.

It is about the time, though.

For skills that are free or cost trivial amounts to train it is, sure, and the time saved is tiny and there are usually better auras to use. For skills that are expensive but quicker to train (prayer, construction, herblore), it doesn't do any harm. The slot is there, you might as well use it.

If it's bones you're squeezing xp out of, you should get wings instead. The bonus is smaller, but they're cheaper, last longer, have a shorter cooldown, and look cool.

How about using both? :D

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I love greater surefooted and poison purge. (And of cause the almighty JoT as well)

Greater surefoot is the tricky one, because it has a hidden secondary effect; which is unlimited run energy for 40mins.

Same effect with the energy spa, except with a longer duration and without the need to physically get to the spa.

Basically an all-rounder speed booster for skilling when your primary aura is on cooldown.

I love greater surefooted and poison purge. (And of cause the almighty JoT as well)

Greater surefoot is the tricky one, because it has a hidden secondary effect; which is unlimited run energy for 40mins.

Same effect with the energy spa, except with a longer duration and without the need to physically get to the spa.

Basically an all-rounder speed booster for skilling when your primary aura is on cooldown.

I wouldn't recommend getting poison purge because at the moment there is no where when you need the poison damage to heal you really. The only place where it can be useful is at Zammy GWD, but the aura is useless compared to penance or vampyrism.

I did not know about the unlimited run energy of greater surefoot, but i can't see it being very useful due to the recent run energy buffs, it's very hard to run out of energy these days unless you're one of those marathon runner who want to run from one end of runescape to the other.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.