Your Ideas Needed!

Miss Lioness

My suggestions:

Description: Chop a cravecreeper log, fletch it into a gravecreeper wand or staff, imbue it into an empowered catalytic staff or wand and defeat the boss.

Levels required to complete: 90 woodcutting, 99 runecrafting, 98 fletching

Other content required (if known): none

Name: Superior Craftsmanship II

Description: mine 5 promethium, smelt into bar and smith a prothium two-handed sword then defeat the boss.

Levels required to complete: 90 mining, 98 smithing

Name: Superior Craftsmanship III

Description: Chop a gravecreeper log, fletch it into a gravecreeper long or short bow (u), add string. Now mine some promethium ore, smelt and smith it into promethium arrowheads then fletch 20 promethium arrows. Now use your gravecreeper bow and promethium arrows to defeat the boss.

Levels required to complete: 90 woodcutting, 91 fletching, 90 mining, 90 smithing

Edited by Kaida23
Changed the formatting to make it easier to read.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't particularly be interested in seeing tasks with Lv. 99 as a requirement.

Although... with Dungeoneering potions you can pretty much achieve +10 boost easily in most skills.

• Like 1

Rewards I wouldn't mind seeing...

-Easy, Medium, Hard, Elite resource dungeons unlocked after finishing the respective task list (3 resource dungeons for each set)

-A percent increase to the number of tokens you get for finishing floors (max 15% more at elite task complettion)

-Cheaper recharges for chaotics

-MINOR upgrades to your chaotics (ability to make them tier 81, 82, 83, and 85 at easy through elite respectively) and/or upgrades to other DG rewards (make some of the rewards like the law and nature staff actually not worthless etc, spirit cape saves more special points and gets a lp/armor boost, that kind of thing).

I also agree that they should add in a few things to the reward system apart from the task system like having a range and melee equivalent of the arc stream, tier 8 defensive armor (since nex is power armor).

To be honest though I just want the Ports 2.0 update to come out and give me the ability to make my ports armor t9 power armor.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

give me the ability to make my ports armor t9 power armor.

that's never going to happen. Tier 90 defensive maaaybe.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a way in ports to augment the armour to t90 for a few hours. Kind if like how paying to repair chaotics are... Out of 100% of the cost the body: 40%, legs: 30%, head: 15%, gloves 7.5%, and boots 7.5%. Imagine new resources for each set and suppose it takes 50 resources?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Reward (Elite): Another [bleep]ing ring reset

I would rather see the ring upgraded to enable more than one function at once without having to quick swap, seeing as how almost all of the functions at least *used* to be mutually exclusive.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Go dung for more tokens to upgrade. You don't need another reset. The only reason you got one in the first place was due to some bad wording of the class effect on the ring.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

give me the ability to make my ports armor t9 power armor.

that's never going to happen. Tier 90 defensive maaaybe.

I can dream can't I?

Go dung for more tokens to upgrade. You don't need another reset. The only reason you got one in the first place was due to some bad wording of the class effect on the ring.

...Uh, isn't flat-out changing some of the effects a good enough reason to give us another reset?

Agree with this entirely. I have a good 60 k tokens invested into ring upgrades that are useless since EoC (some of them probably before as well but I was a noob and knew nothing and thought I could reset as often as I wanted when I invested them). I know that tokens get easier to get as you reach higher levels but at 90 dg 60 k tokens is still a fair amount, at the very least I would like to be able to switch them over to my berserker class so I can have them doing something useful.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

...Uh, isn't flat-out changing some of the effects a good enough reason to give us another reset?

Eoc shoulda probably came with a 2nd reset because of that.

I mean it didn't really effect melee, but other classes kinda got screwed with the best choice utterly changing.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Thank you for informing me of why I did or did not do something and asserting the reasons behind my desire to have another reset available to me, it is most appreciated.

Wrong.

But appreciated none the less.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Frankly, no! The last reset was in part due to jagex wanting players to have a clearly placed and well put foothold in their skills community. They knew it was going to be a community based skill so it was worth doing. Now the skill has matured and players clearly know where they are, where they should be and where they are going. If you are afraid that you might get better perks from the task list then done use your tokens on upgrades. Simply put! As I said before the last reset was due to some poor wording on the class effects.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Frankly, no! The last reset was in part due to jagex wanting players to have a clearly placed and well put foothold in their skills community. They knew it was going to be a community based skill so it was worth doing. Now the skill has matured and players clearly know where they are, where they should be and where they are going. If you are afraid that you might get better perks from the task list then done use your tokens on upgrades. Simply put! As I said before the last reset was due to some poor wording on the class effects.

Did you miss the part where they changed the effects of each ring class with the EoC?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

If they're going to make another reset, why not just offer resets for anything? Your d claws' special is being removed? Would you like a ge reset? Paid 250k to repair barrelchest anchor? Want your money back? You chose to focus on flax in your kingdom? Want to choose herbs instead?

Obviously, they aren't doing this, so why are dg rings so special?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

If they're going to make another reset, why not just offer resets for anything? Your d claws' special is being removed? Would you like a ge reset? Paid 250k to repair barrelchest anchor? Want your money back? You chose to focus on flax in your kingdom? Want to choose herbs instead?

Lol someone gets it! Again it was clearly about letting players getting a good foothold on new content. It's not about setting and keeping a standard of having the option to offer resets. It's like when jagex said they didn't have the ability to return lost items to players who got hacked, dced, etc. Then magically they now put up the offer to do these services they said they couldn't in the past. Again, frankly it is all about having a very big and important reason to doing these things. And it's probably the fact that these were extremely giant losses to players with jagex being clearly at fault when try decided to return items.

Resets and rollbacks seem to be looked at by the player base as an option when it is clearly viewed by jagex as an exception. There is a big difference between the two. Options operate within the boundaries of their rules while exceptions are just that - they operate outside the rules for fairly obvious reasons.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Still had my reset, thanks for reminding. Got 1.3m tokens and that made the progress from 119 to 120 a little bit faster. Thanks :) Is it even worth upgrading the berserk? Dont see any difference from the t10 I had during a couple meds.

Because they've offered a ring reset in the past, for a similar reason? Because DG tokens aren't the same as money? Because players training the skill don't have enough of them to waste on useless options before the mid-100s? Because the skill's rewards are tied to the player's experience? Because some players still have available resets from the first time, as it's part of the ring interface? Because the changes have more of an effect on gameplay now than they did then?

Did I miss anything?

Remember that Berserker was still considered the best ring upgrade, people just changed their weapons to take advantage of it. The people who the reset helped most were people that bought ring upgrades before they/anyone developed their playstyles. In this case, they've flat-out changed the effects, or the mechanics behind them, without offering the same. Tactician is the same, Berserker changed into an accuracy boost. Desperado didn't change, but ranged level has next-to-no impact on damage now. Blazer went from a 50% increase to flat damage that was weaker than a basic ability (And, until recently, overwrote that ability).

I'm honestly having trouble figuring out why that's so hard to understand. It's more like not offering players a ports reset if they changed armor to T75 without telling anyone, when they offered the same for not clarifying whether it was offensive or defensive.

Because they've offered a ring reset in the past, for a similar reason? Because DG tokens aren't the same as money? Because players training the skill don't have enough of them to waste on useless options before the mid-100s? Because the skill's rewards are tied to the player's experience? Because some players still have available resets from the first time, as it's part of the ring interface? Because the changes have more of an effect on gameplay now than they did then?

Did I miss anything?

Remember that Berserker was still considered the best ring upgrade, people just changed their weapons to take advantage of it. The people who the reset helped most were people that bought ring upgrades before they/anyone developed their playstyles. In this case, they've flat-out changed the effects, or the mechanics behind them, without offering the same. Tactician is the same, Berserker changed into an accuracy boost. Desperado didn't change, but ranged level has next-to-no impact on damage now. Blazer went from a 50% increase to flat damage that was weaker than a basic ability (And, until recently, overwrote that ability).

I'm honestly having trouble figuring out why that's so hard to understand. It's more like not offering players a ports reset if they changed armor to T75 without telling anyone, when they offered the same for not clarifying whether it was offensive or defensive.

Because they've offered a ring reset in the past, for a similar reason? - Having precedent does not necessarily mean it's a good idea. Example: bonus xp weekends.

Because DG tokens aren't the same as money? - Dg tokens are a currency that takes longer to acquire than rsgp. They both represent time spent doing something (earning money or training dg).

Because players training the skill don't have enough of them to waste on useless options before the mid-100s? - Agreed

Because the skill's rewards are tied to the player's experience? - Don't really understand what you're getting at. Seems like this is how all skills work.

Because some players still have available resets from the first time, as it's part of the ring interface? - I believe having resets in the first place was a mistake.

Because the changes have more of an effect on gameplay now than they did then? - Wasting tokens on dg rings that became useless is really a drop in the bucket when I look at things like specials being removed and the whole "port armor will get set effects" fiasco. People spend time earning gear/boosts all the time which are later nerfed.

I'm not arguing that we shouldn't get a reset this time, i'm saying having them at all was a mistake. I mean what is the difference between dg rings not mentioning they only work on strength mode and pneumatic gauntlets' examine text falsely claiming that they make you hit higher (which has since been changed). The difference is you got an option to get your dg tokens back, but not your money.

I mean what is the difference between dg rings not mentioning they only work on strength mode and pneumatic gauntlets' examine text falsely claiming that they make you hit higher (which has since been changed). The difference is you got an option to get your dg tokens back, but not your money.

While I agree with a lot of your points, I have to say that two wrongs don't make a right, and in this circumstance, the wrong is possible to right.

LgEZt.png

They need to clean up the rings from EoC so that they are useful, and ideally so that we can have more than one function active as long as the activity is mutually exclusive. (ie: one range, one melee, one mage, and one non-combat active at once.)

That way we don't have to do the horrid ring swap thing every time..

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I mean what is the difference between dg rings not mentioning they only work on strength mode and pneumatic gauntlets' examine text falsely claiming that they make you hit higher (which has since been changed). The difference is you got an option to get your dg tokens back, but not your money.

While I agree with a lot of your points, I have to say that two wrongs don't make a right, and in this circumstance, the wrong is possible to right.

Should it be righted though? Should we single out one fraction of the game where you can get do-overs when something changes?

In the interest of staying somewhat on topic, in no particular order:

Grinding a frost dragon bone with the bonecrusher (possibly along with demon horn necklace)

Using Ring of Kinship on a fire for the LotR reference

Kill a polypore creature in the dg area of the polypore dungeon

Bind and fill a celestial surgebox in a dungeon

Receive an extra bar from your Scroll of Efficiency

Take down Warped Gulega with the help of a combat familair

Trap an imp in the lesser demon resource dungeon