138 vs. 200: Vote on combat level formula! (not guaranteed content)

Serfal

I want Jagex to display 2 numbers - Combat Level (some equal combination of attack skills, plus defense skill, and a little prayer and summoning), and Active Potential - the level of your current attack style (melee averaged).

I'd also want Jagex to change Constitution to be more similar to agility - only your gear affects your hit points, constitution is how fast you can recover those hit points naturally.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I want Jagex to display 2 numbers - Combat Level (some equal combination of attack skills, plus defense skill, and a little prayer and summoning), and Active Potential - the level of your current attack style (melee averaged).

I'd also want Jagex to change Constitution to be more similar to agility - only your gear affects your hit points, constitution is how fast you can recover those hit points naturally.

Yeah jagex could do that with the current system. They could have it say something like level 200 and pull a gear level average and place it next to the combat level. Frankly they would more likely add the numbers to save people from being confused.

You could do something like this:

Take the average of:

Torva helm (85), torva platebody (85), torva platelegs (85), torva gloves (85), torva boots (85), saradomins whisper (70), warrior ring (I) (70), and completionist cape (99).

The average is level 83 defensive power.

Now take the average of:

Mainhand drygore mace (90) and offhand drygore mace (90).

The average is level 90 offensive power.

Now add the two to get 173.

Now display their level power of 200 and put their gear defensive and offensive level combination together like this:

200+173

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

This is what I would want. Remove all the abilities, weapon/armour stats + speeds in EoC, and revert to '07 style. (Obviously change boss mechanics of EoC style bosses).

However I know that won't happen.

So here is my thoughts....

For the Strength/Attack debate. I would propose these changes.

All Attack requirements are converted to Strength requirements (for melee weapons).

Attack ability book loses its melee abilities and is replaced with abilities that benefit all three styles of combat offensively.

The accuracy of all weapons is affected by Attack.

or....

Strength affects the damage of all weapons. So Magic/Ranged will no longer give 1-99 damage.

Strength ability book loses its melee abilities and is replaced with abilities that benefit all three styles of combat offensively.

Solo Strength melee weapons get an Attack requirement.

I agree that the 138 combat formula has no place in the current combat system. 

What I would propose is keep the 99 offense + 99 defense. Don't really need the +2.

Summoning is taken out of the 99 offense category. Why? because range/magic/attack/str you can only do one at once. 99 summ you can do in addition to another. Summoning shouldn't be added at all, and should be considered in the same way as herblore. Same for Prayer. Herblore/Prayer/Summ are also all temporary effects, while the other combat stats are not. If someone doesn't train the skills then they should be put at a disadvantage.  Summ definitely needs to be updated to make it scale from 1-99, and not just 99 is awesome for offense damage while 1-98 are meh. Lower level prayers could get beefed up a bit too I suppose. Herblore is pretty fair imo plus you can buy normal/super.

HP should definitely be added on-top. offense + defense + constitution. Constitution could be rolled in with defense I suppose, but probably shouldn't be.

Anyways that is just my take on it.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Honestly – I could care less for either system. Whether you add percentages of certain skills to the mix, or take defence  + highest other combat skill +2, and ignore the effects of prayer and summoning (and herblore), they’re both total nonsense.

As far as I am concerned, the only number that has any significance is “total levels”.

That said, if you must allot a value to one’s combat level, then you simply have to add in a value for ALL the skills which contribute to same and then add to that a number factor for armour and weapons.
  • Like 1

nyuseg.png

• 2 weeks later...

I personally would like to see 138 formula return because I max at 102 combat with EoC not allowing me to do slayer with anything higher than Vanakka. Prior to EoC I was doing Summona tasks.

• Like 1

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

• 2 weeks later...

The thing is this poll is not bringing back the old formula or keeping the new one.

Its a poll for a NEW combat formula, the choice is either:

A formula that uses all/most of the combat stats - like 138 did.

Or a formula that uses only your top combat stats - like 200 does.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue