Free to Play HiScores, Action Bar Sharing and Clan Messaging
This week sees the much-requested return of HiScores for free players, and a nifty new feature that lets you share your action bar setups with friends.
Read on for more information, or log in and play right away!Free to Play HiScores HiScores are back for free players! Free players can once again go toe-to-toe with their subscribing counterparts in the battle for XP gaining glory!
The first thing to note is that free players won't automatically appear in the HiScores - they'll need to log in after today's update to be counted.
A new inactivity filter has also been introduced - free players will be removed from the all time tables if they don't log in for 90 days or more.
Finally, there are some minimum requirements:
- At least 2154 XP is required to appear in the Overall - All Time table.
- At least level 15 in the relevant skill is required to appear in any skill-specific All Time table.
- At least 1000 XP in the relevant time frame is required to appear in a weekly or monthly hiscore table.
We're looking forward to seeing free players climbing high on the HiScores. Have fun, and show us what you're made of!
Action Bar Sharing
You can now share your action bar setups with people on your Friends List. Whether you're helping a new player get to grips with combat or sharing an optimal setup with your boss-running group, this is sure to come in handy.
To share your action bar setup, right-click the number on the action bar number on the left side of the interface and select 'share'. Your Friends List will then be opened (if it's not already) and you'll be able to select a friend to share the setup with. They'll be shown what you're offering and prompted to accept or decline.
For full details, head over to the wiki.Clan Admin Messages
Today sees the release of Clan Admin Broadcast Messages. Working with clan leaders, we've developed this new system for keeping clan members informed of important events.
If you’re in a clan and have ever been surprised by a new recruit or someone leaving, for example, these kind of events can now be broadcast to your clan members.There's a new fully customisable interface controlling how much information is distributed and who will receive it. It's accessible to clan leaders via the 'Clan Settings' tab within the 'Clan Settings' interface. There's also a new permission for the messaging function in the 'Admin Permissions' tab.
We've made some usability tweaks geared towards clans too, which can be found in this week's patch notes.
- A flickering animation on the advanced Barbarian Agility Course's balance beam has been fixed.
- Verac's flail has been altered to ensure adherence to the rules of gravity.
- The player's mouth no longer hangs open while wearing Linza's female premium hairstyle.
- The Dungeoneering journal interfaces have been updated to use the new interface style.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements:
- The Quest Points total now adds up correctly post-Fate of the Gods, and activates Philipe's new locations as expected.
- Teleporting out of the Empyrean Citadel after completing Fate of the Gods no longer triggers Sliske's chat.
- It is now possible to reclaim another Dragon Rider amulet if a player has one stored in a dragon keepsake box.
- It is now possible to create an enchanted version of the cramulet which retains the 'Open' option from the enchanted catspeak amulet.
- Brendt is no longer on Jatizo after starting the Birthright of the Dwarves quest.
- Non-farming XP rewards from harvesting sunchoke, fly trap, barberry bush and prickly pear plants will now be more predictable.
- The 'new poll' tooltip will no longer display above the World Map.
- The destroy message for protean planks has been updated to reference Treasure Hunter.
- An issue with the Clan List updating inaccurately when adding friends has been fixed.
- Ogre-themed music tracks no longer play at the brilliant wisp colony, between the Magic Training Arena and the River Salve.
- Returning players who are placed into the Ashdale tutorial with a full inventory can now progress through the tutorial.
- The drop messages for Mage Arena capes no longer reference Guthix as being alive.
- The scroll of cleansing now properly recognises secondary ingredients when mixing super Guthix rest potions.
- Players can no longer attempt to 'Find' their clan vexillum when placed in a Clan Citadel.
- The default blue font colour in the clan chat tab of the chatbox interface has now been changed to more suitable colour, making it easier to read the text.
- Activating Regenerate after leaving combat when using Momentum will no longer end the effect.
- The text explaining the Path System to existing players upon completion of the Ashdale tutorial has been updated.
- The dark magic aura no longer causes damage to creatures while they should be immune.
- The familiar buff icon no longer counts down in places where a familiar's timer is stalled, such as the Grand Exchange.
- A new Quick Chat message has been made to help direct players to the Support Centre.
- An improved hitmark system has been implemented in advance of future combat updates.
- A number of issues with avatars in the RuneScape Companion web app have been fixed.
HTML5 Engine Fixes:
- An issue causing crashes in HTML5 has been fixed.
- A Crafting icon on the HTML5 minimap now displays as it should.
- An issue where players' feet were clipping into floor tiles during King of the Dwarves in HTML5 has been fixed.