Quest: Plague's End

Miss Lioness

Mod John A, the developer of this quest, the Zanik storyline, part of the Dwarven storyline and lots of other content, quit working at Jagex directly after the release of this quest. :s Kinda odd, and sad to hear.

He's been talking about writing a book before. He might be leaving to work on that. He mentioned not wanting to quit in the middle of a project, so the best time to leave was when this and his post quest dwarf stuff were released.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I just completed the quest! :) Have to say that I loved it,and I only died once which surprised me. Nice puzzles, and good rewards, can't wait for the city to come out!(along with that extra 300k xp!)  :)

On a completely related quest spoiling side note, has anyone else tried using the meilyr potion and running around finding other portals? I wonder if that is extra content...

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

I was kinda disappointed with this overall. It was a solid quest, don't get me wrong - but the plague ending bit just seemed too quick and simple, like if it was so basic why did we wait this long to do it?

Then the searching for the "lost" elf lords seemed rather weak.

The one in dg I liked, though the potion was rather basic for such a supposed challenge - woulda been nice to have to make like 4 or 5 unique pots then maybe revisit the chemist to distill them and if then the dg had atleast one challenge in it.

I liked the wc guy, but it felt like he coulda gone a lot further to hide and that we could've had a more involved process to cure the tree.

I liked summon one most of all but it'd have been a nice touch if like at first try we failed and couldnt summon him then we used divine energy to surpass the limitation or something.

The mine/smith one, just what? She's having a nap behind a stone wall right beside the well of voyage? How the smeg is that a good hiding place? She coulda been in the LRC or something.

Construction one I just outright liked, nice touch.

Hermit lady, again didn't exactly "hide" much

The main thing to me was just for long lost epically hidden no-one could find elven lords none of them were exactly all that hidden and most of them didnt really go very far.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[hide]Yeah, it's way too simple and straightforward, add some extra challenges into it. Most quests lack this these days. Not that it has to be as prevalent as the whole One Small Favour business, but add stuff to make us think further.

The Light Puzzle was also a tad too easy, I would have really liked it if we were under constant attack from the spirits, just like MEPII, and a boss that does more than just the same special attack again and again. Dawn from DoC did this much better.

I do like the quest, but they've missed lots of opportunities to make it more immersive.[/hide]

Enjoyed the quest but it still didn't really have that grand and amazing sensation that Whilst Guthix Sleeps set (I don't think I ever will to be honest), the puzzles and problem solving sections were really easy and everything felt like it was addressed too quickly. However to finally have the plague storyline wrapped up is such a great feeling.

I enjoyed running around post quest checking out the happenings in Ardougne, Tyras Camp and other little spots along the way, talking to NPC's that were involved in the storyline.

And now I eagerly await the opening of the city!

Has anyone tried the respawn thing at GWD? Is the fastest option much faster then previously?

It's much faster. I was using Death Lotus and Death Lotus darts at Arma and Kree would spawn either just after, or just before i kill the last minion. 

After an hour trip i ended up with 166 KC (39 Kree kills). Iirc my average before this was 25 Kree's/hour. So almost twice as fast. If i used Slayer helm and Summoning potions probably would have been more than double.

There's hardly time to loot, lol.

Probably my favorite update in a very long time. Makes GWD a bit more exciting again, and could possibly be a decent moneymaker now.

EDIT: Just did another hour, pretty much same result.

173 KC (37 Kree kills)

Also, it's about 400k Ranged/Def Exp/h. So that's actually pretty decent.

Please keep the post-quest rewards and tasks in spoilers so everyone can discover for themselves in case they don't want to peek.  Thanks :).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Without spoiling the quest should I go with Melee, Range, or Magic gear? If the answer would possibly spoil please use hide tag.

I don't want to know all the gear or items I would need, just what combat style to show up in.

Thanks!

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

The official Araxxor wiki is also out, releasing absolutely nothing new worth noting and being outdated to boot.

Yup. It was one giant mess of incompetence and troll by Jagex. Firstly, instead of getting Chris L to write it, they got someone who probably hasn't even seen Araxxor in-game to write it (Mod Michelle - who is quite nice but ill-suited for this job). Secondly, after this update came out, she was slowly updating the Araxxor guide - I'd refresh it every 5 minutes and there'd be a few new sentences. Basically what it means is she was doing the guide on the spot, winging it. Thirdly, all she had was a few notes Chris L gave her.  Like what? Then there were literally dozens of errors on there that were very basic. Then Chris L apparently saw the guide, gave her some feedback, she changed it and quite a few of the errors were gone, with some remaining.

Chris L should have pre-written the guide (by Sunday at the latest) and it should have been updated in its entirety on Monday. Not have some poor women who knows nothing about it try and do her best.

Then it turns out, even the updated guide from Chris L, was completely bare in information, and had no secret mechanics (aside from the 5 acid bounces) at all. After telling the community for 2 weeks there was more to Araxxor, that we were overthinking it, keep looking, and how it would be revealed on August 11, that's it? The supposed secret mechanic was something we already found on day 2 or something, yet he kept leading us on?

What a giant troll! A lot of people are naturally upset about this and being ragey on the forums and sarcastic and poor Mod Michelle has to put up with Chris L's stuff.

• Like 3

The official Araxxor wiki is also out, releasing absolutely nothing new worth noting and being outdated to boot.

Yup. It was one giant mess of incompetence and troll by Jagex. Firstly, instead of getting Chris L to write it, they got someone who probably hasn't even seen Araxxor in-game write (Mod Michelle - who is quite nice but ill-suited for this job). Secondly, after this update came out, she was slowly updating the Araxxor guide - I'd refresh it every 5 minutes and there'd be a few new sentences. Basically what it means is she was doing the guide on the spot, winging it. Thirdly, all she had was a few notes Chris L gave her.  Like what? Then there were literally dozens of errors on there that were very basic. Then Chris L apparently saw the guide, gave her some feedback, she changed it and quite a few of the errors were gone, with some remaining.

Chris L should have pre-written the guide (by Sunday at the latest) and it should have been updated in its entirety on Monday. Not have some poor women who knows nothing about it try and do her best.

Then it turns out, even the updated guide from Chris L, was completely bare in information, and had no secret mechanics (aside from the 5 acid bounces) at all. After telling the community for 2 weeks there was more to Araxxor, that we were overthinking it, keep looking, and how it would be revealed on August 11, that's it? The supposed secret mechanic was something we already found on day 2 or something, yet he kept leading us on?

What a giant troll! A lot of people are naturally upset about this and being ragey on the forums and sarcastic and poor Mod Michelle has to put up with Chris L's stuff.

The main issue I had with the wiki is that Michelle was literally not allowed to put up the mechanics for 2 weeks because Chris L or someone else wouldn't let her. If Jagex is going to try to have a decent wiki they need to make it as complete and accurate as possible. For some reason quest guides get put up immediately but bossers are so special that they need to avoid spoilers for boss mechanics like Araxxor.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

To be honest a boss with T90 weapons for which everyone is competing for first drop is is a bit of a "bigger deal" than a new quest.  Ten of my friends can do a quest, and guide or no guide, as long as they don't spoil it for me, it won't ruin my enjoyment for it.  Show everyone a perfect, efficient way to kill Araxxor, and the small, intertwined economy of high level weapons would have crashed even harder.  But it's just a hypothesis - it's hard to guess at the counterfactual.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Yup. It was one giant mess of incompetence and troll by Jagex. Firstly, instead of getting Chris L to write it, they got someone who probably hasn't even seen Araxxor in-game write (Mod Michelle - who is quite nice but ill-suited for this job). Secondly, after this update came out, she was slowly updating the Araxxor guide - I'd refresh it every 5 minutes and there'd be a few new sentences. Basically what it means is she was doing the guide on the spot, winging it. Thirdly, all she had was a few notes Chris L gave her.  Like what? Then there were literally dozens of errors on there that were very basic. Then Chris L apparently saw the guide, gave her some feedback, she changed it and quite a few of the errors were gone, with some remaining.

The main issue I had with the wiki is that Michelle was literally not allowed to put up the mechanics for 2 weeks because Chris L or someone else wouldn't let her. If Jagex is going to try to have a decent wiki they need to make it as complete and accurate as possible. For some reason quest guides get put up immediately but bossers are so special that they need to avoid spoilers for boss mechanics like Araxxor.

Because bosses can be abused, generally quests can't.

Abused how, if all the mechanics are known then at least everyone is on more equal footing the first day. The quicker the drops get down to their regular price the better.

Abused how, if all the mechanics are known then at least everyone is on more equal footing the first day. The quicker the drops get down to their regular price the better.

More than that, I'm not sure how learning the mechanics for a boss (read: not needlessly dying on Jagex's unintuitive and often broken systems) is more heinous than spoiling an entire quest's puzzles.

Well the whole point with high-level bosses is that Jagex wants to artificially keep the value of their drops as high as possible for as long as possible so that high levels will have an incentive to do them. 

Though I don't care much for spoilers. Those who like spoilers will get them one way or another, and those who don't will stay away.

So the ending was a bit.. eh? Here, have a little surprise, some silly question (where was the elf slum with the mayor????), a bit of world running around.. that made little sense, a tiny slither of lore.. and the end of a quest which BETTER BE A CUTSCENE WHEN THE CITY LAUNCHES OH MY GOD..

Also, what was it that Mod Mark said about all sixth age content being voice acted???

Edited by Abdulla
Removed offensive remark

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Scrapped, just like Inventor, and the remake of Construction, Agility, Smithing, Summoning, the one quest a month promise, the 'we'll never put any ingame advantage products in SOF/TH, and so on.

But they released the post quest dialogue from Birthright of the Dwarves today, so we have that going for us.