Does anyone at all use the stores in most cities?

Blaze The Movie Fan

I'm talking about things like Horvik's armor shop in Varrock, Wayne's Chains in Falador and Zenesha's Platebody Shop.

These seem pretty pointless as they all have low level armor, and none of them have the dragon version or beyond. I can't imagine anyone at high level ever even consider using them since the high alchemy value is usually higher than what you can sell the items in these stores too.

I'm referring to places like that which sell weapons too.

And at the top of that if people want to buy any of these (which are mostly only low-leveled players) they just use the grand exchange.

So does anyone use those stores? Anyone at all? I highly doubt it, I didn't even use them back when I was low leveled.

I know I did use them when I was low levelled, altho that is pretty much 10 years ago. I still use some specific stores from day to day, like the Battelstaves store and the Slayer Shop for Broad Arrowheads.

Few others that spring to my mind are the Limestone ones & Yak-hides.

But these are mainly for high level players.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Maybe some inexperienced lower level players might find it charming. Don't forget there's a whole Ironman mode as well, and many people play that :).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

also the world would be rather empty without many stores and buildings. the cities are meant to be actual cities, not just places for the adventurer to buy stuff. lets say judy from down the lane wants to buy an iron chain body so that she can protect herself from the rats in her garden. she can do that because of the stores. 

ok so maybe that is a bad example, but just because the adventurer doesn't necessarily use them doesn't mean they aren't essentially critical to having a city/ town that looks good and could function as a city in the vent that the adventurer was never created. 

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

also the world would be rather empty without many stores and buildings. the cities are meant to be actual cities, not just places for the adventurer to buy stuff. lets say judy from down the lane wants to buy an iron chain body so that she can protect herself from the rats in her garden. she can do that because of the stores. 

ok so maybe that is a bad example, but just because the adventurer doesn't necessarily use them doesn't mean they aren't essentially critical to having a city/ town that looks good and could function as a city in the vent that the adventurer was never created. 

~~~legoman187~~~

I never said they shouldn't exist, I just don't know if anyone uses them. That's what I was asking.

my bad, i detected an implication where there wasn't any.

the answer would be in general no, but some yes. 

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

I did, on my ironman account. However, no-one uses the gem shops, as they are always empty... I wonder why those empty shops are still around, why would anyone sell at a specific shop while if you want to sell it to a shop a normal general store would give you the same?

• Like 1

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I bought some stuff from those shops before--I was so happy when I got my first mithril battleaxe. However, this was like 7 or 8 years ago. Now, many are redundant in the face of the Grand Exchange. Some stores like the battlestaves and rune stores I still frequent, and others like platebody stores may still be visited by lower levelled players because even though the G.E. exists, low level equipment can be hard to find requiring one to pay 3-10x the actual G.E. price. If I only had a hundred thousand gps to my name, I would use those shops :P. 

I also like how they look and wish they could have more use, especially to low levels. 

I did, on my ironman account. However, no-one uses the gem shops, as they are always empty... I wonder why those empty shops are still around, why would anyone sell at a specific shop while if you want to sell it to a shop a normal general store would give you the same?

Are you sure they sell for the same amount? I always thought that general stores cheaped you out

These shops were better in RSC.

All stores now buy for 30% config cost. Before a particular shop update, specialty shops would buy at 60% and general stores would buy at 40%.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Allow us to invest in the shops and earn a % of income! :wacko: Mercantile ftw!

More old-school than you know...

battlethingz.png

Proud Member of The Slayer's Guild since April 7th 2009.
Skill Total Goal Complete: 2500 - November 12th 2014.
Goal Total Experience: 338,895,206 - Goal complete November 2nd 2014.
Next Goal Experience: 1,000,000,000 -
Personal Kalphite Queen Guide
Follow My PoP Blog!

I use general stores super often. Beyond underrated in my opinion.

Most other shops are honest trash.

Throwing it out there and saying that most gem stalls/etc venues were never useful. They're just there for the immersion~ and stuff.

Are you sure they sell for the same amount? I always thought that general stores cheaped you out

I think they have been for a few years, like Saradomin_Mage explained :)

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

There are plenty of shops where you can buy things for daily profit.

Slayer shops: Broad Arrow Tips

Armor Shops (varrock,ardy,burthrope): Iron Platebody and Steel Plates (these are seasonal profit).

All Rune shops: Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Body, Astral, and recently Death too.

Fishing shops: Feathers, Bait

Ooglog meat shop.

Shops that sells vials of water

You really just have to look around and compare prices.

Armor Shops (varrock,ardy,burthrope): Iron Platebody and Steel Plates (these are seasonal profit).

Wait a minute, these shops sell the items for higher price than the high alchemy value, so how exactly is that profitable?

They are used for summoning, so sell them on the GE

Retired item crew

Wait a minute, these shops sell the items for higher price than the high alchemy value, so how exactly is that profitable?

They are used for summoning, so sell them on the GE

Good point, I had no idea they were so expensive on there :o!

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.