[9-3-15] Boss Practice Mode | Instancing Improvements

Leik

Corp is so easy to solo, I have no idea why people have trouble with it.

Get a chaotic spear (Zammy spear + 10x chaotic spikes), pray mage and turm, ovl/renewal up, dreadnips, goliaths, power gear. Be careful of degradables, if you die and they fall to the floor they will turn into their degraded form.

All you REALLY need is a spear. I just posted my personal setup.

Rotate between melee 2h basics like slice/sever/smash/cleave/dismember/fury, and use assault/quake/hurricane/slaughter/blood tendrils for thresholds. Use berserk as your ultimate, but be careful of hits (he can hit 4k+ through pray while zerked). In terms of defensive abilities, debilitate and devotion are your best friends. Quake and hurricane are AoE so it's best to use both of these when the shadow core spawns.

If you die, simply use a games neck or max cape tele w/ portal to return back to where you are and pick up your stuff. Even I died once when I got comboed trying to walk slaughter l0l.

Chaos Elemental isn't even worth mentioning tbh. Yes there are pkers, but most of them suck, and if you get rushed by a team you can just run west to single combat.

I'm going to assume that Blaze has none of the stats or items that you recommended, and without them, the Corporeal Beast is a huge pain to solo effectively. 

• Like 1

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

It'll vary by stats, but I solo'd corp relatively easily with bandos gear, zammy spear, ovls, and ~93 prayer. I'd guess 85s or 90s with bandos gear, zammy spear, extremes, and piety/mixed bag of ancient curses sub-95 could make it work, though it wouldn't be easy. Obviously if you have better, use it (t95 prayers are nice, ovls/supreme ovls are nice, chaotic spear is very helpful), but corp is still do-able without all that. Starting with a few practice mode runs before you go for real would be a good idea if you're using lower-level gear like that.

You definitely don't need everything MCsq2 listed to do, like, corp reaper tasks. You'd probably want better gear for farming him for cash, but even then you don't need all that he posted (dreadnips and goliaths are totally unnecessary, for example).

Fair warning: I am not one of the experienced PvMers Arceus referenced; I don't do much PvM, largely due to lack of interest. I do some Reaper tasks, though, so I have done the lower- and mid-tier bosses, like GWD generals, KBD, KQ, Corp, and rarely QBD (can't get the hang of her mechanics to do much QBD, sadly), and I'm using the GWD power armor or Ports tank armor with t80/85 weapons. And I've been doing all that when my combat stats were all in the low 90s, before getting 99 magic/defense, so don't let my current stats mislead you too much.

Fight Kiln, though, that's my favorite. Give me a Jad or Har-Aken task any day and I will be happy as can be.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I'm going to assume that Blaze has none of the stats or items that you recommended, and without them, the Corporeal Beast is a huge pain to solo effectively.

Blaze is nearly maxed combat yet refuses to use anything above dragon armour and weapons. He may be asking for advice and stuff, but he refuses to learn or change. It's pretty much hopeless. Thanks for trying.

Blaze is nearly maxed combat yet refuses to use anything above dragon armour and weapons. He may be asking for advice and stuff, but he refuses to learn or change. It's pretty much hopeless. Thanks for trying.

That's because dragon is the most awesome looking equipment in the game in my opinion.

• Like 1

If you really like your dragon you can keepsake it over something else, but that gets to be expensive :/.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

That's because dragon is the most awesome looking equipment in the game in my opinion.

• Like 1

You can't be asking for advice on high end pvm if you refuse to upgrade your gear. The first advice you would get world be to upgrade from t60 armor and weapons

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Keepsake keys! You can get them with loyalty points! If you haven't been spending the ones you get for free from just being a member you can make literally all of your gear look like dragon and then wear high level stuff under it! Hell, you could even wear dragon over range and mage stuff without losing combat effectiveness, the possibilities are endless!

Please Blaze, this one small step will open so many doors for you, and the only sacrifice on your end will make your dragon gear work everywhere, permanently, without any risk. It will literally immortallize the stuff. It will finally be able to do the things you think it does.

this post was paid for by Xuan's Loyalty shop - "Solomon's, if that shit were free."

• Like 3

Corp is so easy to solo, I have no idea why people have trouble with it.

Get a chaotic spear (Zammy spear + 10x chaotic spikes), pray mage and turm, ovl/renewal up, dreadnips, goliaths, power gear. Be careful of degradables, if you die and they fall to the floor they will turn into their degraded form.

All you REALLY need is a spear. I just posted my personal setup.

Rotate between melee 2h basics like slice/sever/smash/cleave/dismember/fury, and use assault/quake/hurricane/slaughter/blood tendrils for thresholds. Use berserk as your ultimate, but be careful of hits (he can hit 4k+ through pray while zerked). In terms of defensive abilities, debilitate and devotion are your best friends. Quake and hurricane are AoE so it's best to use both of these when the shadow core spawns.

If you die, simply use a games neck or max cape tele w/ portal to return back to where you are and pick up your stuff. Even I died once when I got comboed trying to walk slaughter l0l.

Chaos Elemental isn't even worth mentioning tbh. Yes there are pkers, but most of them suck, and if you get rushed by a team you can just run west to single combat.

You say those requirements as if they were easily accessible. I'm sure corp is easy if you have all those, but 95 prayer, 91+ herblore, chaotic spear, dreadnips, Goliath gloves, etc. aren't exactly low requirements. I understand that because you are maxed, the things you listed seem like they aren't really high requirements, but I assure you most people (maybe not people on this forum) would say otherwise.

Also, regarding pkers at chaos elemental, they might not be a big deal to you ("most of them suck") as you have 99 everything (combat levels matter in pking), but they probably will be for non max cb people, like Blaze and I.

To Blaze: just use royal dhide and black salamander at chaos elementals so if you die, you don't lose much. Good luck!

Keepsake keys! You can get them with loyalty points! If you haven't been spending the ones you get for free from just being a member you can make literally all of your gear look like dragon and then wear high level stuff under it! Hell, you could even wear dragon over range and mage stuff without losing combat effectiveness, the possibilities are endless!

Please Blaze, this one small step will open so many doors for you, and the only sacrifice on your end will make your dragon gear work everywhere, permanently, without any risk. It will literally immortallize the stuff. It will finally be able to do the things you think it does.

this post was paid for by Xuan's Loyalty shop - "Solomon's, if that shit were free."

Alright, I'll use overrides and get another armor.

However, I will only use a better armor if I absolutely need it. I don't really need it when fighting steel dragons, mithril dragons, nechyreals, or any other monster that can easily be killed by melee and do little damage.

And regarding that thread I made on greaters, yeah I made a big deal out of nothing. It doesn't kill me to use ranged every once in a while. Even though it's a bad idea nowadays to use melee on greater demons and red dragons, there still are countless monsters that I can still use melee on, mainly the slayer monsters.

EDIT: I will however attempt to use better armor with dragon overrides when facing the boss monsters, you can count on that.

To Blaze: just use royal dhide and black salamander at chaos elementals so if you die, you don't lose much. Good luck!

Will do, I actually don't mind the looks of royal dragonhide armor or the subjection armor. I think they both look cool.

Bandos on the other hand looks beyond ugly.

Do not forget there are Retro Overrides for Dragon available at the Solomon Store for 60k Loyalty points I think.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Seriously though, just get overrides if you're caring about looks. Wearing power armor will make your kills go much faster - that's the whole point of power armor, to make armor useful even at mobs that don't deal much damage.

And yeah, higher tier armors are pretty necessary for bossing. You will not get far at all wearing dragon.

(While we're on the subject, I've got an expansive set of spreadsheets for equipment linked in my sig, if you want some guidance on what upgrades to make. GWD power armors - Bandos, Armadyl, and Subjugation - are an easy pickup; beyond that, it gets more expensive and degrades, but if you have the funds nex armors are absolutely worthwhile. And then there's the other slots to consider, beyond head/body/legs, and those have more options.)

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

And yeah, higher tier armors are pretty necessary for bossing. You will not get far at all wearing dragon.

Don't worry, I will get a better armor if I ever decide to boss hunt. But it's not necessary at all when dealing with mtihril dragons, steel dragons and nechryeals.

But when I face a boss monster, if I ever do, I will.

Don't worry, I will get a better armor if I ever decide to boss hunt. But it's not necessary at all when dealing with mtihril dragons, steel dragons and nechryeals.

But when I face a boss monster, if I ever do, I will.

It's not necessary, but it can provide a significant boost to your killspeed. I don't see why you wouldn't use better armors, especially since you can keepsake dragon if you just want the looks.

Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Thankfully I was lucky enough to get someone generous enough to give away bandos armor for free.

So I sold the extra dragon armor, I don't need it since I have bandos now.

And yeah because of cosmic I don't have to worry about the ugly looks of bandos.

Thanks guys, I know you were trying to help and you did great.

• Like 2

Get superior (elite) void while you're at it.

Free, doesn't degrade and the set provides the best accuracy and damage boost in the game (I think?). I use it for nearly all bosses pretty much.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention