[9-3-15] Boss Practice Mode | Instancing Improvements

Leik

Standing in corridor no longer counts as a kill and you won't be rewarded anything in the chest if you do that. It was fixed a long while ago.

So yes, you must participate in the kill to be awarded for it.

What we do now is have the leech go in with a yak, hide in the corner and just eat if they get hit while the player on their side solos.  Usually we'll just all hop over and pile the brothers.

Ah, so it's basically the same as leeching any other boss now. Eat up and not die, lol.

I still disapprove of leeching. Anyone, and I mean absolutely anyone, is able to get kills on any boss as long as they look up guides, ask people for advice/teams, and practice. Practice makes perfect, you can't get better at bossing if you refuse to even try. I'm new to PvM and I managed to get the hang of all the bosses in RS, and this is coming from someone who free-leeched a Rots kill for comp back when you could stand in the corridor. Decided to learn how to do Rots and did 10 kills with friends today (and gave them helper points).

I almost entirely agree with you - the only case where I'm not certain is that of Arraxor, and that's purely because I don't know if my arachnophobia can handle the degree of concentrating on [bleep]ing spiders required to successfully defeat those ones. And I don't expect that to be an especially common issue, nor is it necessarily an insurmountable one, and I'm absolutely going to try my best to surpass it myself. (And if I can't do it myself, I probably will just not get whatever in particular requires it and still be quite happy without - because I earned what I earned myself, not by leeching from others or getting them to do it for me.)

• Like 1

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Standing in corridor no longer counts as a kill and you won't be rewarded anything in the chest if you do that. It was fixed a long while ago.

What we do now is have the leech go in with a yak, hide in the corner and just eat if they get hit while the player on their side solos.  Usually we'll just all hop over and pile the brothers.

Ah, so it's basically the same as leeching any other boss now. Eat up and not die, lol.

I still disapprove of leeching. Anyone, and I mean absolutely anyone, is able to get kills on any boss as long as they look up guides, ask people for advice/teams, and practice. Practice makes perfect, you can't get better at bossing if you refuse to even try. I'm new to PvM and I managed to get the hang of all the bosses in RS, and this is coming from someone who free-leeched a Rots kill for comp back when you could stand in the corridor. Decided to learn how to do Rots and did 10 kills with friends today (and gave them helper points).

I almost entirely agree with you - the only case where I'm not certain is that of Arraxor, and that's purely because I don't know if my arachnophobia can handle the degree of concentrating on [bleep]ing spiders required to successfully defeat those ones. And I don't expect that to be an especially common issue, nor is it necessarily an insurmountable one, and I'm absolutely going to try my best to surpass it myself. (And if I can't do it myself, I probably will just not get whatever in particular requires it and still be quite happy without - because I earned what I earned myself, not by leeching from others or getting them to do it for me.)

I'll have you know that my friend who had arachnophobia for years was almost entirely cured ever since Araxxor was released ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Are we going to see him on TV proclaiming RuneScape as a cure for arachnophobia now? :o

And more on topic, yeah, I guess people can learn, but you may overestimate the amount of persistence, effort,and time they are willing to put in to do so. Remember just to get to good levels and good armor is a decent chunk of time investment when you're not maxed, and you don't have the foresight to do and time all the distractions and diversions and other bonuses that help along the way.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Well, it's not bossing in general that I don't like, it's group only bosses. I did take the time to kill araxxor myself, and even did a few nex solos.

Why waste time learning something that I never EVER want to do again?

• Like 1

Why waste time on learning Borrowed Power or Bones to Peaches if you're never EVER going to use them?

Because they're comp reqs? And I used to use B2P when that was still relevant.

• Like 1

Can someone tell me how I can use that mode on the Kalphite Queen?

I really would like to test out if I can handle her.

I believe you interact with the usual area to enter the Kalphite Queen and select the option to create an instance, and check the box 'Practice mode' near the lower right part of the interface. You then enter for free (in Practice mode) as well instead of paying the usual instance cost. Unfortunately I couldn't find a picture anywhere but I hope that helps.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

For anyone that has tried DK's are they there as soon as your start the instance or does it take a few seconds for them to spawn? And do you need to kill all 3 to get respawns or can you solo mage rex?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

For anyone that has tried DK's are they there as soon as your start the instance or does it take a few seconds for them to spawn? And do you need to kill all 3 to get respawns or can you solo mage rex?

They take a few seconds to spawn. You can solo camp any king you want and all three will respawn like normal as long as the instance lasts. Spinolyps do NOT respawn in an instance.

200000000.png

Yerp #agreed. Araxxor might be the hardest simply because duo'ing with someone just makes it even harder, but all the bosses are definitely manageable.

1) Araxxor isn't a spider, he only has 7 eyes.

2) The best way to cure Arachonophobia is by playing Araxxor, because when you beat him, he get's eaten by his wife for lolz.

3) It actually isn't that bad - and I say this from someone who used to have dreaded arachnophobia.

-- 

Based on the idea that arachnophobia is all 'in the head' the best way to get rid of it is to just walk yourself through your fear. I came home from work one day in like 2011 to find this massive bleeping spider like sitting right on my bed. Like in the middle like "hi beau i've been waiting". So I went and got a can of Raid, and sat down on a chair next to the bed and held the can of Raid out at it and forced myself to talk to it for like 20 minutes straight..... Until it started moving toward my pillow (that's when I sprayed the entire bed and washed the sheets 3 times). I asked how its day went and why was it on my bed etc etc etc

After that day, my arachnophobia was basically gone. And I was scared shitless while sitting there. it's all about telling your subconscious to stfu.

--

That said, I didn't find Araxxor to be thaaaat bad. Like it looks like a spider, but not really...

• Like 1

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I don't mind spiders. They kill all the other nasties.

The only time I went full out spider murder is when I saw it on my ceiling. I was all "You're cool, you can live in my window, yeah, sure. Make a web right above my bed and I'm going to kill you."

Went to bed the next night and it had a web all in the light fixture above my bed.

Spider was dead afterwards.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I'm terrified of spiders. So few months ago at night, I want to place my bike in the underground parking place, I suddenly walk into a cobweb larger than my head, with the freaking spider (about 5cm body) glued in between the web and my face. Screams filled the city that night.

• Like 1

I managed to kill the Kalphite Queen without using practice mode. I solo'd her very easily.

How did I forget to test if I can beat her using practice mode? I'm glad I forgot that since I did get a great drop.

But what else can I use practice mode for? I mostly kill non-boss monsters, but there is no reason I can't extend it to face boss monsters as well.

Since I can kill the kalphite queen and the king black dragon without effort, it shouldn't be too hard for me to try killing the corp. beast and the chaos elemental.

But regarding the chaos elemental, I'm very worried that some pker with a powerful weapon would kill me without me even getting half of the chaos elemental's health done, it is the wilderness after all. I don't mind this happening during treasure trails, since I can drop everything in inventory besides the clue scroll if I'm about to die, but here it would be a problem.

Corp will definitely steamroll you... Chaos Ele is a breeze. PKer interference generally depends on the world you choose.

Wait, if I have no problem killing the King Black Dragon or the Kalphite Queen why would either of these be any different?

Because different bosses are progressively more difficult. They aren't all the same or almost the same by any means, and this is partially due to what the most powerful weaponry and armor available were when said boss was first introduced. When you compare something like KBD to a higher level boss, it almost looks "easy!" I think the people here who PvM have a pretty good idea what they're doing though, so it would be wise to heed their warning.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Wait, if I have no problem killing the King Black Dragon or the Kalphite Queen why would either of these be any different?

Put simply: chaos elemental is in deep wilderness, hits kind of hard, and has a ton of annoying specials (teleport spam and unequipping your gear), Corp is a monster in terms of health, damage, and defense, you have to manage it and the shadow core(s), and you need a spear to get past its damage reduction.

Put simply: chaos elemental is in deep wilderness, hits kind of hard, and has a ton of annoying specials (teleport spam and unequipping your gear), Corp is a monster in terms of health, damage, and defense, you have to manage it and the shadow core(s), and you need a spear to get past its damage reduction.

Well at least I wouldn't have to worry about having my items unequiped if my inventory is full of sharks.

But other than that I see where you're coming from. And yeah I am willing to admit I'm not ready for him at all.

You can use items like Summer pies which leave behind a dish when consumed to make sure your inventory stays full and your stuff doesn't get unequipped. Because otherwise as soon as you eat a few sharks, you're kind of helpless.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

You can use items like Summer pies which leave behind a dish when consumed to make sure your inventory stays full and your stuff doesn't get unequipped. Because otherwise as soon as you eat a few sharks, you're kind of helpless.

But the problem with summer pies is the fact that I need to eat it twice to recover over 2000 HP.

Corp is so easy to solo, I have no idea why people have trouble with it.

Get a chaotic spear (Zammy spear + 10x chaotic spikes), pray mage and turm, ovl/renewal up, dreadnips, goliaths, power gear. Be careful of degradables, if you die and they fall to the floor they will turn into their degraded form.

All you REALLY need is a spear. I just posted my personal setup.

Rotate between melee 2h basics like slice/sever/smash/cleave/dismember/fury, and use assault/quake/hurricane/slaughter/blood tendrils for thresholds. Use berserk as your ultimate, but be careful of hits (he can hit 4k+ through pray while zerked). In terms of defensive abilities, debilitate and devotion are your best friends. Quake and hurricane are AoE so it's best to use both of these when the shadow core spawns.

If you die, simply use a games neck or max cape tele w/ portal to return back to where you are and pick up your stuff. Even I died once when I got comboed trying to walk slaughter l0l.

Chaos Elemental isn't even worth mentioning tbh. Yes there are pkers, but most of them suck, and if you get rushed by a team you can just run west to single combat.

• Like 1

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention