Do YOU believe in God?

Gingi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could someone stay drunk long enough to write a 1000 page book?

So cute in your innocence...

I think someone would notice them taking a freakin gallon of wine :x

you think they wrote more then 1000 years, if it was just a joke?

the bible is still the oldest religion book... with the most pages...

believe or dont... but it wasnt just some monks (30+ writers...) that drunk to mutch!!!!!

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

The oldest religious book is The Pyramid Texts http://www.sacred-texts.com/egy/pyt/index.htm being made ~5100 years ago, makes the bible look like a young kid. Although not as long (they used hieroglyphics, so I guess that slowed it down), length isn't a determining factor to how holy/great a book is. If youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re talking about modern religion then Hinduism is in fact older then Christianity by about 4000 years, again a lot older then Christianity.

Oh GOD why has someone made this topic AGAIN.

Why did you bother posting? Your post has no benefit to this topic, is a flame, and would on any board be considered spam. If you have nothing to contribute to this topic, get out.

And on topic, I forgot to state that I do believe in Heaven and Creation. The only way I differ from most Christians is that I do not believe there is a current physical Hell. I believe that non-believers are cut off from God (hence it is a hell) and that when the final Judgement comes, those who refuse to give up thier wicked ways will be cast into the flames with Lucifer.

i agree with that because thats what it says in the bible.

Runescape Supreme Destiny

120/122 combat http://www.supremedestiny.com.my

99/99 str lvl 300 mortal

94/95 def lvl 220 god

99/99 att STAYCW2

At least, flames are warm. Can't say that about the snow-white boring heaven :?

Please, enlighten us with your knowledge of this heaven you speak of - you obviously have tons of experience there.

summerpngwy6.jpg

I am a believer of the faith and have been a devout christian for many a many of year. For people saying there is no proof, the answer is faith, faith keeps our lives running, without faith our lives would be meaningless. Anbody who isnt a believer is blinded by a vail and will soon realize the truth sooner or later, in hell or later in life! I pray for all non-believers. For everybody was a non-believer once, so was I. For the way to eternal salvation is easy, just ask Jesus Christ into your heart and obey his commandments, is that to much of a sacrifice? Is that to much to ask for in return for ever-lasting life, your own mansion, streets paved of gold, and most importent of all, to meet your creator and everythings creator. I pray for just a few to read this message and take the words to heart and accept jesus as your lord and savior. Thank you and God Bless!

For people saying there is no proof, the answer is faith

That's not an answer, it's a cop-out. Even most creationists have realised this and have decided to start spreading lies as "proof" over the internet, in schools and in churches.

Anbody who isnt a believer is blinded by a vail and will soon realize the truth sooner or later, in hell

I would never follow a god who was so evil he would punish someone for using their intellect or believing in another faith that they have probably been brought up to follow from birth. I will not accept a fascist as my savior, sorry.

For the way to eternal salvation is easy, just ask Jesus Christ into your heart and obey his commandments

Why should I believe your faith over any other?

For people saying there is no proof, the answer is faith

That's not an answer, it's a cop-out. Even most creationists have realised this and have decided to start spreading lies as "proof" over the internet, in schools and in churches.

While I agree creationist science is dumb, the claim that science can refute God's existence is also dumb. The natural cannot refute the supernatural.

I would never follow a god who was so evil he would punish someone for using their intellect or believing in another faith that they have probably been brought up to follow from birth. I will not accept a fascist as my savior, sorry.

So if you dislike God, you do not choose Him - that is what the definition of "hell" is... seperation from God - so you're getting exactly what you want. If you choose *not* God during your life on earth - you're choosing *not* God for after - all of this physical pain and suffering is located in the book of Revelation and that is most likely the most symbolic book in the Bible.

So I don't see it fair for atheists who think they should be able to choose *not* God during their life on Earth - and then find it unfair when that's what they get afterwards - to expect God to put them in heaven (which by defintion, is the presence of God - the very thing an anti-Christian would abhorr), seems ludicrous to me.

Why should I believe your faith over any other?

The only difference between Christianity and other religions is that Christianity is faith-based, and other religions are works-based. Where other religions say "just be good enough and you'll get heaven", Christianity just says "hey, we know we suck, and we know that we're going to screw up time and again, and we need God to save us, not anything that we can do".

That's the difference.

summerpngwy6.jpg

that is what the definition of "hell" is... seperation from God

That might be what your definition of hell is, but I doubt it's his. Although he hasn't actually said what his vision of hell is I'm willing to bet it has a large amount of fire and brimstone in it. After all, his definition of heaven is largely material, not spiritual, I'd expect his definition of hell to be the same and opposite (if you get my meaning).

I'd like to be wrong.

I do not consider it an insult, but rather a compliment to be called an agnostic. I do not pretend to know where many ignorant men are sure...that is all that agnosticism means.

-Clarence Darrow

Be open. None of you know much for sure...

There are other religions, philosophies, and ideas besides christianity. Look around, take in the wisdom of the entire world, not just parts of it.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

The oldest religious book is The Pyramid Texts http://www.sacred-texts.com/egy/pyt/index.htm being made ~5100 years ago, makes the bible look like a young kid. Although not as long (they used hieroglyphics, so I guess that slowed it down), length isn't a determining factor to how holy/great a book is. If youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re talking about modern religion then Hinduism is in fact older then Christianity by about 4000 years, again a lot older then Christianity.

the bible (texts) started at the begin of the earth, when GOD maded the sun, moon, stars, land, animals, plants, 1st ppl etc. :) but its wrote about 1000 years later :)

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

That still leaves it being about 2100 years younger than the pyramid texts.

And 1000 or so younger than Hinduism...

Does simple math elude you?

That still leaves it being about 2100 years younger than the pyramid texts.

And 1000 or so younger than Hinduism...

Does simple math elude you?

But it's God! He can do anything! :|

well dude those maths tells us the bible isnt correct about the begin of the earth, maybe the entire bible is a lie?

not everybody wants to hear the bubblegum pop garbage.

im gonna burn in hell and drink all of satans beer.

trashmetal/deathmetal/hardrock/folkmetal die hard

If you don't mind me asking, why are we discussing when the Bible was written? Does that have any bearing at all on whether or not it's true?

I think the first books (the Pentateuch) were written around 1500 B.C. by Moses, but I'm not positive about that date. Anyway, I don't know why it really pertains to this topic.

There are other religions, philosophies, and ideas besides christianity. Look around, take in the wisdom of the entire world, not just parts of it.

That reminds me of a saying I've heard among Christians. "All truth is God's truth." I believe that Christianity is true, but I still agree whole-heartedly with you that there is truth all throughout the world. In my opinion, discrediting the truths contained in literature, history, science, philosophy, and other religions has been a stupid mistake by Christians.

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

the bible (texts) started at the begin of the earth, when GOD maded the sun, moon, stars, land, animals, plants, 1st ppl etc. :) but its wrote about 1000 years later :)

:roll:

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

The Bible wasn't written at one time. It was written by a number of authors throughout time and most of these writers never met eachother. To have the entire Bible translated alone is a miracle in my eyes.

You can't say the bible was made on any given date. The Bible is a compiliation of books written from nearly 6000 years ago and was finished by the time of the apostles old age.

I think that the fact that these authors spent many years writing these books is part of the evidence that the Bible is the word of God. Why would someone waste their time writing something from their own mouth for a non-profit organisation? Why would they sell their stuff to the poor and suffer horrible deaths for a load of bull?

well dude those maths tells us the bible isnt correct about the begin of the earth, maybe the entire bible is a lie?

Yes, but the main thing from the bible shouldn't be the facts but the lessons. Anyways maybe each of the seven days were extremely long days, like 500 million years each day. Then it would be correct. Many of the messages are good but the bible is not perfect. Man is not perfect and therefore can only try to mimic God's perfection.

Also, the bible is lacking certain texts. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that the bible was put together by a group of clergy men. They used texts that people had written. However they did not use all of it and left much stuff out of the old testament that could/should have gone in. Therefore the bible can not be entirely correct and people should just interpret it their own way. Religion comes from within.

PDM

PDM

The Bible wasn't written at one time. It was written by a number of authors throughout time and most of these writers never met eachother. To have the entire Bible translated alone is a miracle in my eyes.

You can't say the bible was made on any given date. The Bible is a compiliation of books written from nearly 6000 years ago and was finished by the time of the apostles old age.

I think that the fact that these authors spent many years writing these books is part of the evidence that the Bible is the word of God. Why would someone waste their time writing something from their own mouth for a non-profit organisation? Why would they sell their stuff to the poor and suffer horrible deaths for a load of bull?

Not the New Testament, itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the book that makes CHRISTianÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s CHRISTian; it doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t really matter anyway since Hinduism is the older religion. So Hitler and his followers are evidence for Nazism, they sacrificed their lives for a cause; do you think itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a load of bull? Some people are misguided; belief in something doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t equate evidence for it.

For people saying there is no proof, the answer is faith, faith keeps our lives running, without faith our lives would be meaningless. Anbody who isnt a believer is blinded by a vail and will soon realize the truth sooner or later, in hell or later in life! I pray for all non-believers. For everybody was a non-believer once, so was I. For the way to eternal salvation is easy, just ask Jesus Christ into your heart and obey his commandments, is that to much of a sacrifice? Is that to much to ask for in return for ever-lasting life, your own mansion, streets paved of gold, and most importent of all, to meet your creator and everythings creator.

So is the tactic used by Bible thumpers like you the idea of making people feel excluded and 2nd rate people if they don't believe in the same religion as you? The way i see it you are saying, "Your life is meaningless, you don't know how to run your life, you will go to hell no matter what if you aren't the same religion as me, do what a person 2000 years ago said."?

That just pisses me off.

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it

I Believe in God with my whole heart

And I believe that he died for us all and rose again.

That was Jesus. Ever read the bible? God made the world, Jesus was the son of God.

Writing in colour was fun while it lasted...

The Tip.It. Furry! :D HappyWolf.png

That was Jesus. Ever read the bible? God made the world, Jesus was the son of God.

Ever read the Bible? Jesus was God.

summerpngwy6.jpg

Ever read the Bible? Jesus was God.

How can he be God and the son of God? If he were both, wouldn't that make him his own father and his own son? Just curious.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.