Do YOU believe in God?

Gingi

I dont believe in God. I dont see it can be real. I dont believe in heaven, or hell. There is no SOLID prove about any of it. Some lunatic could have made it up aaaaaaaages ago, and everyone believed it. Im not one of those people, who force the others to think the same way as me, but i would find it interesting to see how many people see it my way.

[Mod Edit: Please use search function before posting as topic existed ;) I locked the other topic as it was a bit lengthy. ~Alduron]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe in God. I mean, there is really no scientific evidence to go either way. Until man creates man from nothing (not cloning) or proves evolution (which has NEVER, EVER, been done), I will continue to put my full faith in God. It makes much more sense than a freak occurance creating all this.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I believe in God... And I believe that everyone who believs in God, believe in the same God, but just have different interpretations of how your suppose to respect God.

madeinpalestineborder8gs.png

In Khazakstan we say God, Man, Horse, Dog, then Woman, Rat and small cockroach..

M.A.D 4 Lyfe

no i dont, there is no proof.

There is no proof that there is not a God. Before you state an opinion, you should give it a Three dimensional approach instead of only looking at your own opinions.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I don't, but I believe that the 10 commandments should be followed. My concept is that if you do good things in life and don't kill, something good happens to your spirt in the afterlife. (Somewhat like the Buddah teachings.)

I believe that everyone who believs in God, believe in the same God, but just have different interpretations of how your suppose to respect God.
????

i dont get that, explain that :?

I think what hes trying to say that as long as you have faith in Him, or worship him, or pray to him reguarly, that He will accept that and let you into heaven. :? Maybe I'm wrong though.

loldruidym0.jpg

I believe there is a God.... and we are he creation. And we believe in him/her (fun lil fact, God use to be considered female) in different ways. We respect, charish, pray and preform rituals in different ways, but it is all going to the same God. Its like you go to Church on Sunday, for God. And someone else goes to the Mosque on friday, for God.... But those prayers, hymns and rituals are going to the same God.

In Khazakstan we say God, Man, Horse, Dog, then Woman, Rat and small cockroach..

M.A.D 4 Lyfe

Oh GOD why has someone made this topic AGAIN.

Why did you bother posting? Your post has no benefit to this topic, is a flame, and would on any board be considered spam. If you have nothing to contribute to this topic, get out.

And on topic, I forgot to state that I do believe in Heaven and Creation. The only way I differ from most Christians is that I do not believe there is a current physical Hell. I believe that non-believers are cut off from God (hence it is a hell) and that when the final Judgement comes, those who refuse to give up thier wicked ways will be cast into the flames with Lucifer.

Untitled.png

I'm an Atheist. I don't believe that there is an all-powerful god watching over and governing the universe. That doesn't mean that I can't accept the possibilty that there may have been some godlike being create the universe eons ago. But I don't believe that that particular notion answers any more questions than it raises.

But no, I don't believe in the Judeo-Christian model of God. I don't believe humans have an immortal soul, and I don't believe in heaven or hell.

siganizq4.gif

Why did you bother posting? Your post has no benefit to this topic, is a flame, and would on any board be considered spam. If you have nothing to contribute to this topic, get out.

I bothered posting because the OP obviously didn't realise that this topic has been done dozens of times and never goes anywhere. I do not take orders from you, so I would appreciate it if you stopped acting like you're my superior.

I am, as Douglas Adams called himself, a Radical Atheist. I don't not believe in god - I strongly believe there is not a god.

I think that religion is one of the biggest problems with this world.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

I didnt join the JREF for nothing ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Well, that post is better. And it is his right to post this topic, even if it goes nowhere. However, I shall leave that as it is. I dont want to get this locked.

Untitled.png

I believe in God. I mean, there is really no scientific evidence to go either way. Until man creates man from nothing (not cloning) or proves evolution (which has NEVER, EVER, been done), I will continue to put my full faith in God. It makes much more sense than a freak occurance creating all this.

Evolution has been proved, with numerous studys to back it up. Needless to say, things do evolve.

Well, that post is better. And it is his right to post this topic, even if it goes nowhere. However, I shall leave that as it is. I dont want to get this locked.

It is not his right to do anything. Posting here is a privilege, not a right.

As for there being 'no scientific evidence either way', as a christian that just means you choose to ignore the scientific evidence thus far. Evolution is a theory based on observations and evidence, creation is a theory based on... Well, god knows what.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

As for there being 'no scientific evidence either way', as a christian that just means you choose to ignore the scientific evidence thus far. Evolution is a theory based on observations and evidence, creation is a theory based on... Well, god knows what.

I strongly disagree... i think science can only explain soo much, then there is God. Lots of early scienctists that have found the most complex arrangement of biology and chemistry believed there was no answear to where these complexities came from, but God. Some suggested aliens, but thats a whole other thread...

M.A.D 4 Lyfe

Barihalk, I sincerely don't believe there are people who don't accept the Theory of Evolution.

I mean, it has been scientifically proved!

Every time I read those articles about "intelligent design" and all that...I just can't believe people still think about evolution as medieval church wanted them to think. It makes no sence.

What's your explanation of our existance, if it's not evolution from microorganisms (spell?)?

I'm in no way trying to disrespect you, sorry if it looks like it, but it just won't get in my mind.

I do believe in God, but not in his direct interferance on our lives.

In my beliefs (I follow no religion), God isn't a man or woman, it's energy, and it's created by our minds (like when a person takes placebo instead of real medicine and is cured, because he believes it is the real medicine).

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

Apinagez, your opinion is respected...but I call BS on scientific evidence of evolution...because there is none. There is a theory of evolution, not a law. Which means that there is insufficient scientific proof to support evolution.

Not to mention that there are many things in this world that could not have possibly ever come from natural selection. Organisms so complex that it would have taken trillions of years of natural selection to create them.

Untitled.png