Do YOU believe in God?

Gingi

Guest GhostRanger
I pointed out 6 or so of the questions had nothing to do with evolution, not that they couldn't be answered.

Um, am I the only one who thinks you can't read?

"Questions for evolutionists"

You seem to think I said "Questions about evolution"

And as I read over the 3pages of posts since I posted the questions, NO ONE has yet answered the matter questions, what are the chances?

No. His point is that your questions have nothing to do with evolution and so why would you be asking them to evolutionists. I, for instance, am an evolutionist and all of my answers about the beginning of time would be "God created it all."

Evolutionists are NOT trying to prove how time began, so why would you have those questions for evolutionists?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, am I the only one who thinks you can't read?

You seem to think I said "Questions about evolution"

The test of any theory is whether or not it provides answers to basic questions. Some well-meaning but misguided people think evolution is a reasonable theory to explain manÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s questions about the universe. Evolution is not a good theoryÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

I actually read all of it. Forgot to do some reading yourself when you copied the questions? Why would someone criticize evolution only to ask non-related questions?

Can you just give me your answers to the questions? I would like to know what evolutionists think of the issue, but everytime I ask they push me away and change the topic.

And I never said what Kent thinks is what I thinks, for do you even know my veiw on this issue? I just wanted the answers to the questions (the first ones as a priority) but you just answered the ones Google does for me.

I actually read all of it. Forgot to do some reading yourself when you copied the questions? Why would someone criticize evolution only to ask non-related questions?

Can you just give me your answers to the questions? I would like to know what evolutionists think of the issue, but everytime I ask they push me away and change the topic.

For how the universe started, I don't know and don't really think about it.

For how life started, abiogenesis, but whether there was an intelligence involved I don't know.

And I never said what Kent thinks is what I thinks, for do you even know my veiw on this issue?

Well you copied everything, even the part that makes it clear the questions are about evolution.

Well you copied everything, even the part that makes it clear the questions are about evolution.

You are better then me on the evolution topic, but if you don't know how it started then whats the point in explaining how it continued?

You are better then me on the evolution topic, but if you don't know how it started then whats the point in explaining how it continued?

Because how it started doesn't affect the theory, the theory explains what has been observed and tested up to the present time, it explains what is known; where the universe came from isn't covered in biology.

So evolution knows all about software but is still trying to figure out how the hardware works, after 1000's of years? still a while to go. A long way to go.

And religion is just the end user, it just worls. You don't care how it works it just does.

Quite the anology.

So evolution knows all about software but is still trying to figure out how the hardware works, after 1000's of years? still a while to go. A long way to go.

And religion is just the end user, it just worls. You don't care how it works it just does.

Quite the anology.

religion say microsoft made it from the start, and give it to us to use.

Evolution thinks it made itself, and wants to know how it works

Biological evolution simply does not deal with how things like the universe formed, never did and never will; just like it doesn't explain gravity or how the sun works. There are still issues research and experiments help figure out but you're lumping unrelated issues into the wrong fields of science.

How was the big bang possible if no one was around to supervise, if you will, the happenings.

You're saying if no one sees it, it doesn't happen?

No, I'm saying somebody had to be there to make it happen, the somebody being God. He has to make the stuff happen. Or else it would just be nothingness forever. Something had to make it.

No, I'm saying somebody had to be there to make it happen, the somebody being God. He has to make the stuff happen. Or else it would just be nothingness forever. Something had to make it.

If I remember, scientists are trying to recreate the period when Big Bang (or somewhat similar) existed, to find out what happened.

Now, let's put a little bit of creativity into it. If we create Big Bang, we will create another universe. So, did we create ourselves?

The point is, it may be God, but it might also not be. It is foolish to assume that God is the only creator, the only behind-the-scenes man. Someone else could've created that God, and someone else could've created that God which created our God. Our universe could be more infinitesimal that we can perceive.

One problem with religion is that it prohibits broadening of our minds on this subject. An example is one of the commandments ("Thou shall have no other gods besides Me..."), we dare not think of anything higher.

If you wish to know God, you must stop thinking that you know everything about it. How about if we stop seeking God, but define it? God is out there waiting for us to shape it. We might be creating God, and then fearing it. Who knows?

If you answered a "Where's the proof that God is waiting for us to shape it?", broaden your mind, my friend.

Guest GhostRanger
An evolutionist who believes God created it all?

And again, I didn't say ANYWHERE that those were evolution questions, I was just asking evolutionists.

I'll say it one more time for everyone who has already said it.

Evolution has nothing to do with the beginning of time, and so evolutionists can have different opinions on how time began.

It's like if you were writing a cookbook. Your only concern is the ingrediants in the food and telling whoever how to mix them properly to make what they want. You tell them what they need, but as the cookbook writer, it doesn't concern you WHERE they get the ingrediants. WHERE the ingrediants come from has NO EFFECT on the instructions for how to make the food, and the cookbook's purpose is only on how to make the food.

So why do you care what an evolutionist thinks about the beginning of time? And I am insulted that you said no one will answer your questions when I did. I believe God created everything at the beginning of time, and I'm an evolutionist.

my_pet_worm's point, since all of you missed it, is based on two premises:

1. Most evolutionists do not believe in God. They say science explains everything.

2. If there is no God, then what started the whole Big Bang?

Those are his two points. I think they are extremely valid in this case, but, Ghost, you are the one exception to the rule. I, for one, am interested in seeing how evolutionists that do not believe in God can answer the foundational questions of our universe.

The overarching theme is that they can't. They can try to explain, but then they get stuck with "Well, what was before THAT?". That's really about it. The only other smokescreen after that is, "What made God?" which is, of course, a very foolish question.

And Ghost let me ask you a question: Why do you believe in evolution? If God created the world, then why would He wait all this time for the world to develop? The Bible said He created the world in 6 days.

Bible contradicts evolution?

I'm currently transitioning from a Wizard to a Mage and a Priest to an Archpriest. Lol both are nonexistant in the top 25. Hopefully I can change that. :D

If I remember, scientists are trying to recreate the period when Big Bang (or somewhat similar) existed, to find out what happened.

Now, let's put a little bit of creativity into it. If we create Big Bang, we will create another universe. So, did we create ourselves?

Or we are a universe some scientists somewhere else made to try recreate the big bang. Freaky to think of things like that.

And vise versa

The Bible said He created the world in 6 days.

That's the English translation.

The Hebrew word for day is "Yowm".

Search a Hebrew Bible concordance (just google), the word's reference number is 3117. It has many definitions, some being "age", or "era".

So God creating the universe in 7 ages, or 7 eras, fits perfectly with evolution.

summerpngwy6.jpg

Guest GhostRanger
The Bible said He created the world in 6 days.

That's the English translation.

The Hebrew word for day is "Yowm".

Search a Hebrew Bible concordance (just google), the word's reference number is 3117. It has many definitions, some being "age", or "era".

So God creating the universe in 7 ages, or 7 eras, fits perfectly with evolution.

Thank you. I didn't feel like looking up the actual Hebrew word and explaining it. :P

And I am insulted that you said no one will answer your questions when I did. I believe God created everything at the beginning of time, and I'm an evolutionist.

I wanted an evolutionist who didn't believe in God to explain it to me, seeing your the first ever evolutionist I have meet who said God started the universe.

There are a lot of Christians that believe in Evolution, I guess it depends on your denomination and where you live (Central and Southern America is less prevalent, and Western Europe is more). For one thing, Catholicism supports evolution; thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s millions of Christians right there. It would be unfair to pick on ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâevolutionistsÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ to answer non-scientific, non-biological questions.

Some people who are agnostic would tell you that anything before the point of creation doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t matter. We are in the state of matter; the pre-universe is in the state of not-matter. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s impossible to describe for one thing and even if we could describe it, wouldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t affect us anyway (not-matter interacting with matter doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t make sense).

my_pet_worm's point, since all of you missed it, is based on two premises:

1. Most evolutionists do not believe in God. They say science explains everything.

2. If there is no God, then what started the whole Big Bang?

Those are his two points. I think they are extremely valid in this case, but, Ghost, you are the one exception to the rule. I, for one, am interested in seeing how evolutionists that do not believe in God can answer the foundational questions of our universe.

The overarching theme is that they can't. They can try to explain, but then they get stuck with "Well, what was before THAT?". That's really about it. The only other smokescreen after that is, "What made God?" which is, of course, a very foolish question.

And Ghost let me ask you a question: Why do you believe in evolution? If God created the world, then why would He wait all this time for the world to develop? The Bible said He created the world in 6 days.

Why are they valid points with regards to evolution? You are addressing the people who agrees with evolution, but does the fact that the origins are unclear refute evolution itself?

And to answer the question, no I have no idea what started the Big Bang, only that it remains the best explaination for the beginning of the universe with the datas gathered so far.

If God set the world in stone as you have said, then why do we live in an ever changing world an example of this would be Plate tectonics, and even volcanic eruptions reshapes the local landscape, or the fact that viruses and bacteria have been observed to develope traits resistant to the anti-biotics that is made to combat them.

you ask for the how the Big Bang started, and yet say that to ask for the origins of God is foolish? Why is it acceptable for you to ask for what the start of Big Bang, yet asking for the origin of God is a foolish question? a bit of double standards here, no? :roll:

So again, why don't you explain how this relates to evolution before you ask for anwsers regarding it from non-god believing 'evolutionist'.

image1ne5.png

Everyone has their own beliefs, I for one belive in God. But wouldn't it scare you that if there isn't a God or a Satan then there will be no afterlife? You will go into total non existence? From the day you start as a sperm, that is when you are really born.

I believe there is a Heaven and a Hll and that God is real.

He sent himself down to Earth as Jesus, some say.

Or Jesus may just be ralted to God.

But nonetheless, God is real.

Many atheists belive that the only reason why so many people belived in God is because the Christian faith is the biggest.

But I don't know that, I'm a mere 12 year old.

how do you even know god is a person?

He never even said God is a person.

there is only 1 GOD:

jezus is 100% GOD > and 100% human at earth

god the father is 100% GOD

the holygost is 100% GOD

god the father sended his son: jezus to earth, to pay with his blood for us,

we killed him... and so he payed the price for us...

its hard to explain and believe...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

How was the big bang possible if no one was around to supervise, if you will, the happenings.

You're saying if no one sees it, it doesn't happen?

Right.. So someone made crystals form, someone made mountains form (ignore plate tectonics, thats just a theory); all because you say so, and then you invent infinite nothingness to base this argument on.

there is only 1 GOD:

jezus is 100% GOD > and 100% human at earth

god the father is 100% GOD

the holygost is 100% GOD

god the father sended his son: jezus to earth, to pay with his blood for us,

we killed him... and so he payed the price for us...

its hard to explain and believe...

We killed him? Missionaries used that lie to trick the Panare Natives into believeing.

Hard to swallow too.