An odd question

OhFour

If anything, the hormones in birth control pills should make her acne worse... :shock:

But, then again, I wouldn't know. Never been on them. I've known quite a few girls who actually got off birth control because it made acne (and other female problems) worse.

3898000bYVcx.png

Didn't that depend on the person? Anyway, what would happen if a man would take birth control pills?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I found some sites on ask Jeeves, and heres what the descriptions were:

"ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN, the only birth control pill clinically proven to reduce mild to moderate acne..."

She does not have MILD to MODERATE... Try like EXTREME.

I also found this.

If someone said that to me I would just think that she was using it as a cover story. Not a very good one though.

If anyone finds she is using the pill, including her parents she will tell them it's for her acne.

sig2ho7.jpg

Didn't that depend on the person? Anyway, what would happen if a man would take birth control pills?

Bad things, my friend. Bad things...

Would I grow breasts? :o :D

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Guess you learn something new every day.

One of the side-benefits of birth control pills is the improvement of acne in women who already have skin prone to pimples, which is the reason you're taking Low-Ogestrel. (By the way, unlike birth control pills containing the newer progestin norgestimate, Low-Ogestrel and other pills containing the older progestin norgestrel may cause acne problems in women with clear skin.)

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/2603.html

It's the first one google dished out to me but it looks like a fairly credible website.

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

If someone said that to me I would just think that she was using it as a cover story. Not a very good one though.

If anyone finds she is using the pill, including her parents she will tell them it's for her acne.

On this site, there are alot of the characteristics of her. Here is one:

"extra hair growth on the face and body." Oh lordy lordy...

So, I'm almost POSITIVE she does take them or just has a hairy stomache. :x

That AND have to wait 9 months before taking a poo! :x

ROFL! :P

Imagine a guy having to wear a two-peice at the beach because of breast growth. :shock:

gors2.gif

Well some person at my school said she uses birth control pills to reduce her acne. Is this even possible or is she.. well coo-coo?

Yes, birth control pills are often prescribed to teenaged girls and young women to control acne.

siganizq4.gif

Well some person at my school said she uses birth control pills to reduce her acne. Is this even possible or is she.. well coo-coo?

personally, i think she has gone coo-coo

Yes, birth control pills are often prescribed to teenaged girls and young women to control acne.

I dont see, medically, how this would work. Do you have any links to journals with research into this?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Imagine a guy having to wear a two-peice at the beach because of breast growth. :shock:

well, might be good or bad for him depending on the breast size!!

LOL

~komodo

komododabst3cn.png

From what I remember from the last time I saw him, How2PK with breasts would be an improvement :P

I dont see, medically, how this would work. Do you have any links to journals with research into this?

I'm-going-to-agree-with-merciful.--What-birth-control-pills-do-most-of-the-time-is-trick-the-body-into-thinking-its-pregnate-by-giving-it-the-hormones-that-the-body-produces-when-it-is.

Often-pregnate-women-break-out-during-pregnacy,-so-I-wouldnt-think-that-they-would-be-prescribed-for-that-reason.

~M

heres a crazy thought, why not try washing your face..? worked for me :lol: , it may be an old fashioned way to stop spots but it defiately won't have any weird side effects for us guys..

very interesting stuff, you learn something new every day 8) ..

but i do know washing your face more than twice a day can actually cause spots, its cus your leavin your face too dry.. and sun helps rid of acne. :wink: but too much of nething is bad for you. :oops: [<-sunburnt]

vistame09copyhr8.png

I highly doubt that a real doctor would prescribe birth control pills to someone to treat acne, as their main funcion is to mess with the reproductive system and all to make the body think it's pregnant. Until you provide us with a credible link showing us that, I and probably no one else will believe you :)

Runescaper (off and on) since late 2001

heres a crazy thought, why not try washing your face..? worked for me :lol: , it may be an old fashioned way to stop spots but it defiately won't have any weird side effects for us guys..

very interesting stuff, you learn something new every day 8) ..

but i do know washing your face more than twice a day can actually cause spots, its cus your leavin your face too dry.. and sun helps rid of acne. :wink: but too much of nething is bad for you. :oops: [<-sunburnt]

I got one in my ear... I popped it, but it wont go away! :(

heres a crazy thought, why not try washing your face..? worked for me :lol: , it may be an old fashioned way to stop spots but it defiately won't have any weird side effects for us guys..[<-sunburnt]

I grew breasts. :oops:

I highly doubt that a real doctor would prescribe birth control pills to someone to treat acne, as their main funcion is to mess with the reproductive system and all to make the body think it's pregnant. Until you provide us with a credible link showing us that, I and probably no one else will believe you :)

I highly doubt that you possess the intellectual capacity to second-guess the actions of a "real" doctor. The main function of contraceptive pills is to control the levels of specific hormones which control the female reproductive cycle. The very same hormones that can contribute to acne in post-pubescent females.

While I couldn't give a rat's rectum about whether you believe it or not, others may find the following reading interesting:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... t=Abstract

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... t=Citation

Now until you can provide credible evidence that you actually own and use a functional brain I'd suggest a slightly meeker approach to tackling subjects you have absolutely no knowledge of. :)

siganizq4.gif

lol, i read in a book about sas [in barnes and nobles]; it had an account in which they gave birth control pills to a tribe in southeast asia, and the chief didnt want something so valuable to be given to the women, so he hoarded them all. then he grew really big breasts. roflcopter.

splintercellsheepzf9.jpg