petition against RULE 8 banning innocents

gspbeetle

Edit: Using a router will NOT get you banned, your computer on the network can be identified from the other ones. Oh and it is possible to ML in the same world, but i'm not telling how :P

On the detail window you change it to the other options.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rule 8 must be gone, or Jagex actully take TIME to look up the problem.

NICK 6464

The main problem is that they don't look at them. If Jagex actually took time to review evidence before pressing "teh ban button" then it might solve a lot of problems.

I support this, but, unfortunately, Jagex will never remove this rule... :boohoo:

Hitman247m.png

Personally, I'm disgusted how easy it is to multi-log.. For kicks I can run and keep track of 7 wc's if I want, I find it ruins the game and don't do it but, I have several freinds that always have 2 other accounts making money while he trains his real account.

Most lvl 3 wc'ers are NOT macro, but someone multi-logging

Drop trading is ok though ;)

Edit: Using a router will NOT get you banned, your computer on the network can be identified from the other ones. Oh and it is possible to ML in the same world, but i'm not telling how :P

That doesn't matter. Anyone who runs more than one account at a time should be banned...It is simply not fair that someone is getting twice as much money in the same amount of time as other people who are doing it the right way

rune,Gen.%20Chris.gif

Gen.%20Chris.gif

Proud owner of 3 santa hats

• 1 month later...

Okay, folks, I got to the end of page 2, gave up on reading insane negativity, and just decided to come down to the end here to drop my reply. So here it is... But do keep in mind that I've never taken a black mark, and I haven't gone around rule-breaking either. I really don't need nasty and wrongful retorts.

-------

I feel that Rule 8 should not be abolished, but should be re-tuned. :-k

There is literally no good reason that siblings (or friends) playing together on the same net line with seperate PCs should be grounds for an account to be bannable. Also, there is no good reason that people giving gifts and such (or barrowing/loaning items) should be grounds for an account to be bannable. <.<

Now as for having one person with several accounts on at the same time, that I am against. I don't ever have several of my accounts on at the same time, as my friends can all testify to. (And I'd prefer to play it fair on that aspect too!)

-------

In fact, I think I might have a solution for this, as well as for account recovery handling. Enable people to tie their accounts to their e-mail addresses.

(I know, this sounds crazy, but it is the only thing I can think of.)

-------

And that is my $15 of thoughts on the matter.

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

• 2 months later...

the problem is this rule was made to counter drop trading and giving stuff to pures... the way jagex used it got out of hand though. it's a good rule, but is enforced badly. i do not support sorry.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Personally, I'm disgusted how easy it is to multi-log.. For kicks I can run and keep track of 7 wc's if I want, I find it ruins the game and don't do it but, I have several freinds that always have 2 other accounts making money while he trains his real account.

Thats easy (although I never do it...) you ML with a static IP and and unsigned Java Applet. :wink:

Pasty.png

i support because of this:

1) internet users running under internet connection sharing or local area network which has the same ip (family, school, internet cafe, workplace situation or the whole building has its own LAN)

2) school gamer or real life friends (they usually give or borrowing things free often)

why don't you make a support list?

natasa777.jpegavatar175ed1.gif

refresh to see another sig

F2p forever

I don't support.

why? state your reasons, thanks.

just for your knowledge:

there is already a rule against autoers (rule 7)

there is already another rule against real world trading (rule 12)

what the hell is this rule is here for?

Well, when I first saw the title I was thinking I'm gonna have a long post of why you're wrong but after reading that I think your points are great!

Also, I don't think they should just demolish the rule because I think using more than 1 account at a time gives an unfair advantage.

Support :wink: .

dragonmghost,flava%20falcon.gif

support new ghostly stuff here.

I see RuneScape slowly turning into a sadistic version of WoW.

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

• 3 weeks later...

i have to agree to, i have been hearing all these things about ppl trading other people things for nothing (donation, lending or you owe the person) and them both getting banned/blackmarked. I am to worried to get the 1 mill my freind owes me back cause its not worth getting a black mark i am proud to be black mark free O:)

I don't know anyone that's gotten banned for this. A lot of my friends play at the library. Sometimes there will be 8 people playing on the same internet connection, but no one has ever gotten banned for doing that.

Libraries are packed with keyloggers, Hell! even the books have keyloggers!

newblogkw4.png

Obby drops: Cape (2) sword (1) maul (1)

Dragon drops: Med helm (1)

it has a point.

If you can have 2 accounts on at once then one can rc and the other can run.

i have lent and recieved large amounts of stuff for nothing, and i have never been given a black mark. Also, there are about 5 ppl in my area that have the same IP due to a shared network, one of them is an avid cheater.

I think that unbalanced trades should be monitored, but not given black marks. Also IP addresses should not be considered

F2PBlackWhite-H3%20all%20the%20way-Gibsocam.gif

clansiggywo2.png

Using Signed and Unsigned Java,when you gotta choose H or L detail? :lol: :roll: :wink: :-w

Instead of super strength pots you would have spinach. :lol:

Reply to a thread about Disney Buying Runescape

• 4 weeks later...

i don't think it would be good abolish the rule, but the random IP checks isn't good

the reason the rule shouldn't be abolished is the obvious (encourages macroing) and the not so obvious (training 2 accounts at one)

F2PBlackWhite-H3%20all%20the%20way-Gibsocam.gif

clansiggywo2.png