Guide to Getting the "Drop" at the Giant Mole

Leesters

This will help you get the drop from the giant mole with all the competition thats down there. It is a multi-attack area, and many folks are down there competing with you.

Who ever hits the most damage on the mole will get the drop when it finally dies. This guide will help you get most drops. It involves full Dharok and an optional cannon.

SUGGESTED EQUIPMENT:

Full Dharok

Climbing Boots

Gauntlets

Cape of your choice

Charged Glory Ammy

Ring of Wealth

SUGGESTED INVENTORY:

Spade

Lantern

Tinderbox

Super Attack Potion

Super Strengh Potion

11 4-dose Super Energy Potions

1 Prayer Pot

3 Shark (not really important)

Cannon

60 cannon balls

Interesting inventory eh? This place is not what you would expect.

GETTING THERE:

The mole is under Falador Park. You will see new mole hills in the park now. If you would like, you can go talk to the Gardner there, and he'll give you some background on this mole. But you don't need to.

Stand on the mole hill, and dig with your spade. If you do not have a lantern or tinderbox in your inventory, it will warn you and you won't go in. If you have spade, lantern, and tinderbox, you will land in the entrance of the mole lair.

GAME PLAN:

You must attack the mole, and chase it down when it "digs" which teleports it to a new place in the lair, and he does this in the middle of combat. And you must hit more damage than the other players down there to get the drop.

So, here we go.....

ATTACK PLAN:

Go to the middle of the lair, and it won't be hard to find, because this is the place where the mole will respawn, and players will be standing there. So find the group of players standing around, and you'll hear everyone groan when they see your Dharok outfit.

Set up your cannon in the middle of the room, fill it with cannonballs and set it on auto attack. It will only attack the mole when it is in range. Have your sound on, so that if you hear the cannon fire, you know where the mole is.

Now, you must lower your hitpoints.

Extinguish your lantern, and wait. In about 10 seconds, you will start taking damage. It will drain your hit points 1 at a time very rapidly. The screen will be dark, so you will not be able to see your hitpoint bar. Instead, watch your stat menu, and wait till you see your hitpoints down to about 20. Then switch to inventory menu and relight the lantern. Do this quickly, or you will drain to zero and die. Now that you have low hit points, you will be able to utilize the Dharok special effect.

Now, drink your super attack and super strength potions, and wait for the respawn. When the mole spawns, put on your melee prayer, and start attacking it. He can hit for 20, but will only attack one player. You might wanna wait until someone else engages it first so that he will be the player the mole attacks. The mole can switch to you if the other player stops attacking, though, so melee prayer is advised.

When the mole gets to half hits, it will soon dig out of the area, and you have two choices. If you were successful in some mega-Dharok hits, you should chase it around the lair until it is dead. If you hit nothing but zeros during this first phase, just save your energy pots, and wait for the next one.

If you were successful with Dharok at the spawn, run around and chase him down, and continue to attack him until he is dead. When he is under half hits, he digs ALOT so you will be running around.

Most likely, you won't be the one that actually kills it. But you must chase him down so that your death pile is found before it is revealed to the other players.

When you find the death pile, or when you kill him yourself, make sure you take the mole skins and claws first, as his item drops are pretty junky.

But you are here for the nests, so get those skins and claws. You trade these to the Gardner, and he will give you 1 nest with seeds in them for each skin and claw.

RESTOCKING:

When your prayer is used up, when you are out of energy potions, or you have an inventory full of skins and claws, use your charged glory ammy and rub to Edgeville. Get tele runes to Lumbridge and Falador. Tele to Lumbridge and recharge your prayer. Tele to Falador and take skins and claws to the Gardner. Get your nests. Restock at bank again. Repeat procedure.

TIPS:

When you are running around, turn off your prayer.

When you are running around looking for the yellow dot, make sure you keep your energy up.

When the mole is near death, keep in mind that his death pile is probably laying around somewhere, and you MUST FIND IT SOON, or other players will get it.

Happy Mole-ing! Hehe.

CREDIT TO: Topazjewel and jessy61071 for cannon procedure.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

i've been going down with just whip and 10 lobys lol

i just walk around waiting for yellow dot to come up on mini-map

i run there, attack the mole and continue walking

sometimes he appears right infront of me and dies of poisen, so i just wait 4 drop

people say if u dont say anything he doesn't run away

some1 test this pl0x?

drops so far:

mith pl8

mole skin- can be traded 4 brd nest

mole claw- can be traded 4 brd nest

mole teeth can be traded 4 brd nest

15 blood runes

100 noted yew logs

240 coins

220pxshkariwlogogt3.jpg

boots of lightness over climbing boots.. the dharok effect ups your str by so much climbing boots effect is negligible, however the boots cannot be taken lightly.

also boots will not help you hit the mole, so boots of lightness are your best bet

leesters, add using a cannon will help, it helps to 1. deal upto 30 damage, and 2, signal where its at. if the cannon sees the mole it will fire a ball, if you see/hear a shot from you cannon then you go chasing after it.

I disagree with the plan , me and one other guy got 80% or more of the drops yesterday when there were like 40 people on every server , full black , robin , rangers and full crystal bows , and we were beating ppl in Dharoks , and beating cannons :P

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

Another method that seems pretty effective is to bring down your cannon and set it up where the mole first appears, since it comes back to the center area once in a while. That way you can run around trying to find it, but if it appears back there your cannon can still get it. :P

Another method that seems pretty effective is to bring down your cannon and set it up where the mole first appears, since it comes back to the center area once in a while. That way you can run around trying to find it, but if it appears back there your cannon can still get it. :P

I guess you could do both, huh? I think add that.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I disagree with the plan , me and one other guy got 80% or more of the drops yesterday when there were like 40 people on every server , full black , robin , rangers and full crystal bows , and we were beating ppl in Dharoks , and beating cannons :P

Yeah, teams are gonna be more successful. This is for solo. If you're going down there alone, I got every drop that I chased. And I didn't even use the cannon. Of course level 118 helped, i'm sure. :oops:

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

We werent a team , we just happened to get along because we had a blast laughing at all the people who traded us when we said we were getting dragon platemail :)

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

leesters, add using a cannon will help, it helps to 1. deal upto 30 damage, and 2, signal where its at. if the cannon sees the mole it will fire a ball, if you see/hear a shot from you cannon then you go chasing after it.

Woo, sound on, good! Added and credited. :D

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

ya cannon+bow htis WAY better, ive killed it about 32 times

no matter tho, its dead, the place will be completely desolate in a week, just take a cannon and crystal bow and its not too bad to solo

ya cannon+bow htis WAY better, ive killed it about 32 times

no matter tho, its dead, the place will be completely desolate in a week, just take a cannon and crystal bow and its not too bad to solo

32 Times, eh babe - get anything good?

Cuz to me it seems like jagex put alot of thought into creating a new boss monster but didn't think to much about the drops, don't get me wrong the nests are good.

lol you spelt my name wrong + if at all possible, make it my RSN? jessy61071 :)

ive been wanting some kind of credit for this cuz i hunted this thing down alot in world 2 yesterday

boots of lightness over climbing boots.. the dharok effect ups your str by so much climbing boots effect is negligible, however the boots cannot be taken lightly.also boots will not help you hit the mole, so boots of lightness are your best bet

Pun intended? Hehe.

Boots of Lightness is definately an option. With only -4 kg, and with the str bonus only +2 of the climbing boots, I don't think either helps much.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Mind you is was just down there last night for a short while there were 'bout a dozen people. Some level 91 was wearing full Dharak, and there was a cannon in the room too, but whoever owned it removed it after the second mole.

I just potted a sup set used a whip and verac armour and took eight kills out of the twelve moles I stayed for... and I think that was mainly because I could run a lot longer than the others and arrived at the mole when he come out of the ground again before others. Just my opinion.

ive been wanting some kind of credit for this cuz i hunted this thing down alot in world 2 yesterday

:oops: Fixed to your RSN name.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

:oops: Fixed to your RSN name.

thank you:), and btw hope your luck at barrows has gotten better as of late. i know i havent been back since the day after i talked to you on the burial mounds

Another revision you NEED to include:

Bring along a DDS!

One of those babies will keep killing the mole, no matter where it goes! By poisening it, you're hitting 6's and 5's even if you're nowhere near it.

So.

1. Set up cannon

2. Hit with DDS till it starts moving

3. Switch weapon to whip and pursue.

4. Listen for sound effect when it dies, it makes this.. dying sound no matter where you are so you'll know you got the loot and to go find it quick!!

Another revision you NEED to include:

Bring along a DDS!

One of those babies will keep killing the mole, no matter where it goes! By poisening it, you're hitting 6's and 5's even if you're nowhere near it.

So.

1. Set up cannon

2. Hit with DDS till it starts moving

3. Switch weapon to whip and pursue.

4. Listen for sound effect when it dies, it makes this.. dying sound no matter where you are so you'll know you got the loot and to go find it quick!!

Unfortunately, you don't get credit for any damage a poison does. So, the poison won't add to the total damage you do, which doesn't help you getting the drop.

But it does help him die faster, although usually other players have already used the dds, and its already poisoned.

Also, this takes away from the time you can attempt to whack it with Dharoks.

I do like the sound effect help when it dies. I don't play on sound, but it looks like the cannon and death sound effects will be very helpful.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png