The day I handed over a Dragon Chain.

It all started at the Barrows. I got a HYT from a guy at the bank, very common thing for me, but this one was different. He followed me to the hills, and kept up with me. Before you know it, I had a Barrow partner that I didn't have to wait for. And I didn't have to teach him a dang thing. I never do barrows with anyone, but he just kept right up with me. In fact, I could say that hes a little faster than me. It was the start of a good friendship.

While drooling over my dragon chain, he would tell me of his frequent Kalphite Queen trips, and I've always wanted to do that. Not since they made her harder have I been to the Killer Queen. He wanted a chain bad.

I wanted a new thrill.

So we became KQ partners. For a few weeks now, we've been going down there, with no luck. But we vowed to continue, maybe one day we'll get lucky.

In the meantime, he was trading Barrow sets back and forth because he couldn't quite afford everything. I was trying to teach the young man that when he buys something, keep the dang thing. So I forced him to keep Veracs so we could always go to the KQ without selling it out for something he needed at the moment. Like Guthans.

Well, one day I got Guthans skirt at the Barrows along with a spear the same day. The spear was enough for me, so I thought I'd be nice and give him the skirt. On the condition that he could never sell it. Muhaha.

On that day, karma played into our hands. We made a deal that I would get any D2H drop, and he would get any chain drop. On the day that I gave him the skirt, the KQ trip we took dropped me a dragon 2 hander. I was quite pleased, as you can imagine. He let me have the sword, and I flaunted it proudly at the fishing guild, edgevilee bank, and everywhere else I could justify wearing it with my full drag. Oh, what a happy day. But still no chain for Trojann. :(

Enough of the set up... Its Sunday today. For the last 2 days, Trojann has been bugging the bejeebies out of me about going to the KQ. I was working hard trying to get my farming up and working on infinity magic book. This is all very hard work. I was focused, and didn't feel like doing KQ trips at the moment. Finally, last night I gave in.

I promised him a hard day of KQ training the next day. I stayed up late last night and fished my wagon off for shark. We started early.

It was a disaster.

KQ is very popular now, and we couldn't find a single world where there weren't KQ killers swarming around Shantays bank. Finally we settled on a world, and said to ourselves that we're gonna claim this world as ours, and everyone ELSE can switch.

Off we go. It was not pretty, both of us were making mistakes left and right. More mistakes on my part, for sure. The first few were eventful, as I forgot a glory ammy, and brought a dead tele crystal. Trojann runs out of food, and leaves me behind. I can't finish it, the first one we've ever had to abandon, and I click my crystal. No tele. OMG! No glory! I'm stuck here with this nasty bee! I gather my wits, and realize I can just go up the rope. So I do. And all this time we are fighting another KQ team for fighting rights. Finally, they leave, or log, or go somewhere else, or something of the like... and things start going smoothly again.

And then it comes. The mother of all KQ's. After 23 trips, we show up for the last run of the day, quite depressed. We go in, just like always, and promptly get owned. In fact, I never even swung at the girl before I was down to 7 sharks. I was getting hit by 31 after 31. I could barely gobble sharks fast enough. Only once in all our adventrues have we ever had to leave her. And that was my climb-up-the-rope adventure earlier that day.

But this one was sick. We barely finished the beetle before we started in on the bee (Killer queen has two forms, and you must defeat both of them) I was first to tele out. That was a first. Then Trojann comes limping in behind me. "GO GO GO!" he says. I guess he wanted to get back. lol. After he chastises me for standing there, we run back to the cave.

And we continue to get hammered. This was one mad queen bee!! We've never seen anything like it. Finally it dies.

There it lays on the ground in front of me. A reddish looking square thing. I right click my mouse. "Examine: Dragon chainbody".

*blinks*

I run over to pick it up. I type, "Congratulations"

"You are the proud owner of a dragon chain"

We tele back to the elf city, and I trade him. I put the dragon chain in the trade screen, and click accept.

Omg, I just handed over a dragon chain.

And I couldn't be more happy about it. Congrats, Trojann, and thank you for sharing this adventure with me. DO NOT SELL THAT CHAIN! :P

The End.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, thats a really cool little story and congrats to both of you for you skill and luck in killing that dang thing :)~ and I'm glad you both got what you wanted, ya'll should make that into a story for the forum library.

finally back in the game! send me a message, all my old friends quit

I laughed so hard I pooped my thong. :lol:

Don't Congratulate me, Congratulate Leesters, it's only because of him that i can say i own a dragonchainbody, :D

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

what an ab[bleep]ely wonderful story, its nice to see that there are some decent players on runescape.

gratz to you both!!

i once gave someone 80k of fire runes cos he died in front of me and the vultures got his stuff. i met him to trade the runes and he said he would pay me back the cash from his sale from the runes, i said just give me half the sale profits....... never saw him again lol

2hrmo37.jpg
limparse.png

I shall NEVER sell this chain, my friend, thank you for all the fun times, And more to come i hope...:D

Lucky :P

It's been a while since I've been to the kq, send me a pm if you ever need a kq partner. :wink:

single_skill1165709744.png

I shall NEVER sell this chain, my friend, thank you for all the fun times, And more to come i hope...:D

Lucky :P

It's been a while since I've been to the kq, send me a pm if you ever need a kq partner. :wink:

Im pretty sure i have a KQ partner for life :wink: , but i can always message you when he's not around :P

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

lucky day for both of you :)

this was a nice story, i wish i had a small part of your luck :)

anyways back to barrows

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

Wow I thought this was going to turn into a scam story.

Glorious :D

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâú_o)/ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï

doomdeathyz5.gif