Comparing Fire Cape and Dragon Gloves

imaerehw14

my point being i believe the cape is a bit harder to get than the gloves and should be treated statwise.

I think you are the one not reading. What people are saying is that you cannot compare two completely different pieces of armor at all. It doesn't make any sense.

Using your logic, the Fire Cape should be the best piece of armor in the game as it's most likely the hardest item to acquire. It should give better defense bonuses than the Rune Plate. Hell, it should give better attack bonuses than the Dragon Long. After all, completing the fight cave is unarguably harder than completing Dragon Slayer or Lost City. So the Fire Cape should be stronger than both the Rune Plate and Dragon Long. Right?

You're making illogical comparison. I understand you are not directly comparing the items, but rather the requirements needed to obtain them, but it's still illogical to compare two separate pieces of armor. Now, if they released another quest tomorrow that required level 5 cooking and took 20 minutes to complete and gave the rewards of gloves that gave +20 to everything, THEN you could compare the gloves from the 100th quest and the hypothetical ones. Do you understand what I'm saying now?

To try to explain to you the fallacy of your arguement in your own simple terms:

Ug. Fire Cape harder to get than gloves, should be higher stats. Fire Cape harder to get than Rune Plate and Dragon Long, so also higher stats. Ug.

And that would just be ridiculous.

huzahh! we have a winner! I think i already admitted my mistake 1 post above yours. i still somewhat stand by my first statement though.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ha! umm...your a lil wrong...dragon gloves +9 in all and +4 magic

DARK gloves (some say barrows) give +12 and 6 in magic

anything else i have to say has been said so i'll leave it at correcting you

I'm 106 and I'd do it if it wasn't for what Reb posted...

If Reb jumped off a cliff, would you follow him?

:lol: Who wouldn't? :wink:

Eh, I'm kind of dissapointed with the quest honestly. No, I don't have 70 cooking, and I can't complete it. But you can kill just about everything with full prayer and 20 some odd prayer pots.

you phail because you cant use prayer AT ALL on thoe bosses k thx bai

if i am correct tho, u need requirments for gloves right? but the cape u dont need nothin, u cna be 1 def and have a cape.

Theoretically I'm sure you're right but I'd pay RL money to see someone beat the 702 fight pit boss with lvl 1 defence :lol:

Mordendravid.png

hmmm thres better gloves then the dragon ones though.. if u didnt read the new topic. there one class better....

Zonhottie.png

Currently training all skills to or above 60.

Barrows drops: 87 runs done so far. Torag Platebody on 4th run. Guthan Chainskirt on 35th run. Dharok Helm on 45th run. Torag platelegs on 49th run. Ahrim Robeskirt on 86th run.

the problem is when you consider the req's/ quests needed to be able to complete All subquests, and then ALL the boss fights (without access to prayer) your looking at a lot more time/effort than completing the fight caves and beating 'jad. 6 hours for 3 trips.. perhaps 12 mil for guthan, and 2x180k for crystal bows 3 times max.. with pots etc. its a lot, but its a worthwhile investment. a lot of the quests required to complete the new quest are pointless and "worthless" one miniquest is exceptionally hard if you dont have a fully grown cat, and takes a long time with a kitten.. collecting 4 lots of spices that drop randomly from a rat that is hard to catch.

you can do fight caves with 70 def, 70 ranged and the right gear.

this quest takes 70 cooking, 48 agility, many orther quests, the ability to beat Bosses from desert treasure without prayer, and a suped up dagganoth queen.

it took me the best part of 7 or 8 hours to finish every section of the quest yesterday, in that time i could potentially have 4 fire capes - if i had the money. it would have taken far far longer had i not completed all other quests ingame barring devious minds.

the cape isnt only for the bonuses- the most important thing why people want it is that it looks so awfully good....

this is just like buying a mp3 player- would you buy a 2GB iPod nano or a 20 GB some chinease companys cheap player? id choose iPod nano 8)

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

you should make correction, dragon gloves dont give +13 to all stats, its more like +10

i dont have the dragon glove, but i have the "master gloves" (dark glove with hint of yellow) witch you need to have fully complete the quest to get.

master glove stats are

+12 to all attacks but mage

+12 to all def but mage

+12 str

+6 mage att and def

i agree its better than fire cape and need less effort to get.

but im not complaining, sadly you can hardly show off your gloves like you would with your fire cape =)

i think the fire cape value is more in the look than in the stats and i like it that way. =)

im really happy with the update and the 100th quest was a great one to do and gave me lots of fun. (funniest quest ever, couldnt stop laughting at gnome cook with his cauldron)

i see it like a 100th aniversary gift =)

well its not like its hard being rich, buying slayer with cannon/cannonballs, getting richer from drops and getting melee/range/hp lvls along the way, buying your magic/herblore lvls from that, then BUYING any other skills you need (smithing, COOKING, fletching, farming, runecrafting,

seriously, im kinda sick of people who brag about buying raw sharks and using cook-x to get 99 cooking.....there arent many things in rs anymore that can be considered a great accomplishment, i think everyone whos been 100+ combat before most of the 120s now can agree with me :lol:

o yea, in conclusion it doesnt matter much to me anyways, THERE ARE lvl 80-90s WITH FULL BARROWS AND WHIPS...the rs combat system has been ruined for a while now so i can only expect jagex to come out with more ridiculously strong armor/weapons

you can't compare gloves and capes...

Capes are weak, Gloves are not (in the runescape world)

It only takes one quest to wear Rune Plate and thats way better then any of this. I agree that the quest should have been harder and the reward should have been greater though... but you are coming about this all wrong.

Fire capes are still the best fire cape and now these gloves are the best gloves (correct me if I'm wrong). You can't put a second pair of gloves in the Cape spot...

False.

YOu need to have 32 quest points.

I stand corrected, i was informed on another forum that dragon gloves were the +13, and the master gloves were +9. my appologies.

EDIT: now i havenew information saying master and dragon are the same thing. will someone that has auctually beaten the quest post stats on here?

polarbeardaveyz9.png

... what i was saying is how the requirements are odd for somethng that gives a better bonus. i wasnt saying anything about using one or the other. the whole point of this thread is to compare the ability to get gloves which are way better than a cape, when the gloves are way easier to get.

But the cape is more about the stats. The cape is about the ability to beat the hardest mini game in the entire universe. lol.

Consider it an "accomplishment" cape.

Kinda like a trophy for display for all to see and admire.

The cool stats are just a side benefit.

If you see someone with that cape on, they are one heckuva player.

The Fight Cave includes 36 waves of level 360 maging crazies, 36+ waves of lesser powerful monsters, and THEN you have to face a 702 dude that can one hit anybody, and uses two different attacks where you have to switch prayers during combat.

The Fire Cape IS the ultimate.

Its like playing Halo on Suicide... with one hand.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

I stand corrected, i was informed on another forum that dragon gloves were the +13, and the master gloves were +9. my appologies.

EDIT: now i havenew information saying master and dragon are the same thing. will someone that has auctually beaten the quest post stats on here?

The "Dragon" Gloves are +9 to all with +5 magic; "Master" Gloves are +12 to all with +6 magic.

... what i was saying is how the requirements are odd for somethng that gives a better bonus. i wasnt saying anything about using one or the other. the whole point of this thread is to compare the ability to get gloves which are way better than a cape, when the gloves are way easier to get.

But the cape is more about the stats. The cape is about the ability to beat the hardest mini game in the entire universe. lol.

The Fight Cave includes 36 waves of level 360 maging crazies, 36+ waves of lesser powerful monsters, and THEN you have to face a 702 dude that can one hit anybody, and uses two different attacks where you have to switch prayers during combat.

then dont you think if you beat the hardest mini quest in the game, even if you get the status symbol, you should get rewarded with something with good stats too?

I guess i think differently then 99% of the tip.it population. :?

polarbeardaveyz9.png

I'll concede this...

The new gloves have way better stats than they should. They pulled another Abyssal Whip. IE, Something that is just unbalanced with the rest of the games equipment.

I don't mind. 8)

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

Dragon is +9 to all combat stats (except prayer and mage stats) +6 mage att and def.

Master gloves are +12 all combat stats (except prayer and mage) +6 mage att and def.

Also, combined with the prayer tab not existing when you're fighting the boss, and the souped up dagannoth king mother, there is a monster that greatly reduces all of your stats with spells that look like ice barrages...it's not a picnic to say the least to get through this. Anyway, you're saying the fire cape should have a stat boost, but I disagree since it's by far the best cape out in the game...the closest one to even compare it to besides the obsidian cape in usefulness would have to be the god capes...since don't get me wrong legends cape is better statwise, but the god capes are more useful for pking.

And if you haven't noticed gloves have been needing improovements for a long time.

captain_poet.png

i agree that gloves needed an update, but i still dont think gloves neeed to be better than the best cape in the game.

as Leesters said, they pulled a "whip" putting something imbalanced into the game. and i agree with him more that i dont mind, but i still think its odd that they would do this.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

then dont you think if you beat the hardest mini quest in the game, even if you get the status symbol, you should get rewarded with something with good stats too?

I guess i think differently then 99% of the tip.it population. :?

It does have good stats - compared to any other cape, which is all you can compare it to.

The gloves have much better stats above the previous glove slot equipment, which is probably what your point is.

It makes sense though, unless they bring out metal capes, the difference from cloth to metal will be greater than just changing cloth types.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

I agree with what everyone is saying, your comparing computers with pencils, capes are made out of thread wheras gloves are made out of metal. The cape is the best cape-better then any other one in the game and the cloves are the best- better then any other. As long as you compare gloves with gloves and capes with caped there is no problem, the cape is the best one in the game and the gloves are the best in the came, they are made out of different materials, if the cape were made of metal like dragin or there was a barrows cape that you got from fight pits then you would hope that it had better stats buyt this is a normal cape made put of some magical thread that has pretty good stats compared to the others. After all, the d chain isin't as good as torag but the chain is 10x more expensive then a full set of torag.