Ring of Stone: Actual use or a bug?

Sly_Wizard

Hail Slimysteve,

I would like to say that the Ring Of Stone does something other than turn the user into stone, unfortunately I can't, that is all it can do I'm afraid.

Rock on!

Please always refer to the RuneScape Knowledge Base to find the answer to your queries quicker.

Yours Sincerely

Mod Austin

RuneScape Customer Support

On 15th March 2006, you sent us the following:

Hey, I am wondering if the RingofStone does anything else than turn people into a rock. Does or will it have any special abilitys that we are currently unaware of?

Confirmed as a bug?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

knowledge base:

What does the Ring of Stone do?

The Ring of Stone grants you the ability to turn yourself into a rock, any attempts to do anything other than type via the chat box will cause the user to return to normal.

However, it may also have other magical abilities which at this time are unknown.

I can indeed confirm that the Ring Of Stone has the ability to remove the effects of a Entangle spell, or a Ice based Ancient Magick spell.

This does not provide an immunity, you can still be frozen but using the Ring of Stone, you can remove the binding effects within around 2-3 seconds.

Once a player has been bound my a magical effect, using the ring of stone, they can turn into a stone, and revert back into a Human again, they will be able to move once they have turn back into a human.

Now whether or not this is a bug is questionable, regardly I personally don't believe the approx 5 Million gp cost on the ring ( 33k * 150 ) is not a justifyable cost.

Sure you can get out of a Abyss pkers bind while your RuneCrafting, but when happens when he runs up to you and gets a luck dragon dagger special combo? You've lost your pouches, glory, AND your 5 Million GP Ring.

If you are willing to take the risk and reap the rewards, then go ahead, your either one of three things.

•  
    1) Richer than me

2) Willing to take a larger risk than me

3) Stupider than me

~Chaosbringer

Well if it eliminates the effects of entangle/freezing - what if it eliminates all magic-based attacks? Like Teleblock? If so it would not only be worth it for the wearer, but the PKer, since he'd make 5mil for actually getting the kill.

At the risk of looking silly, are you sure it was entangle, that you didn't hit the wrong buton? :lol:

It might sound a silly question, but when i asked someone complaining about their tea whether they were sure they put sugar in, it turned out to be salt! :lol: :roll:

it still cracks me up!

Rofl, that must have been bloody horrible.

Well if it eliminates the effects of entangle/freezing - what if it eliminates all magic-based attacks? Like Teleblock? If so it would not only be worth it for the wearer, but the PKer, since he'd make 5mil for actually getting the kill.

It's only good to remove entangle/freezing: IE, you get hurt, but you can move around after you got frozen.

To use it. The enemy freezes/entangle you, you wear the ring, turning you into a rock. You click on unmorph, which turn you back into human, and you can now move around.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

Honestly what smart runecrafter would wear a 3.2 mill ring ...this has to be the dummest idea ever if you can click on the ring to not get entangled/ frozen ... it would be way better to just have a tele crystal ( the one you get from mourning end ) since what I do is wear black drag have tele crystal... when attacked I tele right away... since most rc pkers really aren't that good and can't tele block or tele block after they entangle... plus it's way better to loose black drag and some essence and pouches then 3 mill+ .... lol what a waste... :roll: if you wear a ring to runecraft and you die with it I will lol @ U in RL * newb * hahahaha :twisted: ( as if you can't get KOed with dd specs... or something else lols, or lagg )

xbox360_pgr3.png

Trying for firecape!!

If you are willing to take the risk and reap the rewards, then go ahead, your either one of three things.

•  
    1) Richer than me

2) Willing to take a larger risk than me

3) Stupider than me

~Chaosbringer

I say they are all 3 of those things lol :lol:

P.S====> Graveyard post should count :cry:

xbox360_pgr3.png

Trying for firecape!!

My best guess for the usefulness of the rings is at duel arena. Imagine you're meleeing against a ancient mage. He'd think he's safe after he freeze you, but guess what? :) You morph, you unmorph, chop, chop downs the mage.

I am not a duel arena person, so I can not be sure if the scenario I described would be correct.

If this is true, then i aint bothering getting my thieving to 53 :P Nah i will, but its so boring!!!!

thieve lvl? i recently did DT and training one of the most boring skills is DEFINATELY WORTH IT.

And yeah...i reckon its a bug...just my opinion.

callum6052.png

I think I'm back :O

(If this has already been found out and has been discussed, then I apologize.)

Earlier today my friend PM'ed that he had found a use for the RoS: According to him you couldn't be frozen (By the ice spells) when you had it equipped. Needless to say, when we went to the duel arena to test his theory out, amazingly he couldn't be frozen. We later tried it out with entangles and the same thing happened. I entangled him but he was still able to move. I tried to entangle him again yet the game stated that he was already entangled.

This was what he stated:

No. I didn't have to be in stone form for it to be negates. I clicked on it once when I was frozen, and then I was unfrozen and couldn't be frozen for about a minute.

If anyone has a ring of stone, just PM me and we can test it out to see if it works with anyone else.

Do you think that this was actually intended or is just a bug? If it's not just a bug and is it's intended use, then this will indeed by the day in which many melee'ers-- And rangers-- Rejoice.

lol stake a mage and turn stone and waste all his runes then own him

sigjicu0.gif

If this isn't a bug i think it seriously underpowers mages now. Mages have no special because they have binding attacks like ensare and the ice spells of ancient magicks. By doing this Jagex has made it hard for pure mages (myself and others) to PK and duel. The one thing we had over all the other classes was the ability to keep the opponent(sp?) at a distance, and now we cast the ensnare, they use RoS, we cast a god spell (i.e. Sara Strike), they run at us and we can't ensnare again for another second and half while we get owned by whip and dd specs. If it's not a bug...then JaGex sucks at geometry and keeping triangles equal...

emuendjd8.png

Thanks to CrazyBoy- for the great sig ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
It isnt working for me or what am i doing wrong,

i got ring, someone entagles or barrage me, i put ring on, cant change to rock because im getting attacked ,what then?

I can only move when time up?

This is how it works.

1) Have ring in your inventory

2) Someone entangle/freeze you

3) wear ring

4) a menu on the left say "unmorph"

5) click on unmorph

6) You're no longer entangled/freezed, and you'll not be entangled/freezed-able for a short period of time

If you're attacked after you morph into a rock, you automatically unmorph, and you are also no longer entangled/freezed

7) After the duration, remove the ring, if the other person cast entangle/freeze on you, repeat steps 1-6

nope its a bug......

Dear Jsmith3,

Thank you for contacting RuneScape Customer Support about this issue.

This should not unbind you if you were to do this. I think it is worth mentionning that the ring of stone is a valuable item that you might want to think twice before risking it.

If you have any other questions that you would like us to answer, on this subject or something else, please feel free to get back in touch with us again. We love to hear from our players.

Please always refer to the RuneScape Knowledge Base to find the answer to your queries quicker.

Yours Sincerely

Mod Ben W

RuneScape Customer Support

On 18th March 2006, you sent us the following:

If you have been binded or frozen by a spell and can't move, if ypu weild the ring of stone than un weild it does it unbind you and/or give you immunity to any of thos kinds of spells?

Thanks.

So now your all going to get banned for bug abuse

joking..... i just wouldnt us it anymore

jsmith3.png