Ring of Stone: Actual use or a bug?

Sly_Wizard

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why does everyone seem to think this is a bug? is it wrong that a ring made from a gem that takes upwards of 5 mil to get actualy have a good use?

I agree with you there. A 3.5mil ring ought to do something good like that.

It should be tested in the wildy (shallow among friends) because sometimes these properties only work in duels or at cw. It could be a bug because I remember the nature ammy anti poison bug :) I was the 2nd or 3rd person to get one.

limdog.png

well the thing is, if you use a bug taht you have no way of knowing isnt inttentional they wont ban you. but if its something that is obvious like attcking and killing people outside of the wilds or duplicating items, they will ban you.

i would say the bugs that jagex would ban people for are ecomomy crisis bugs, or player crisis ones, or any crisis ones

like, duping, killing, or pvp thieveing or advantages would be major bugs, but just going to see a graphic or an ingame model bug, probably wouldnt be a crime

i've hit a few model and graphic bugs in my lifetime

3 have been obtaining a p2p item on f2p(not in 3dbeta)

well the thing is, if you use a bug taht you have no way of knowing isnt inttentional they wont ban you. but if its something that is obvious like attcking and killing people outside of the wilds or duplicating items, they will ban you.

i would say the bugs that jagex would ban people for are ecomomy crisis bugs, or player crisis ones, or any crisis ones

like, duping, killing, or pvp thieveing or advantages would be major bugs, but just going to see a graphic or an ingame model bug, probably wouldnt be a crime

i've hit a few model and graphic bugs in my lifetime

3 have been obtaining a p2p item on f2p(not in 3dbeta)

Would 'duping' include duplicating quest items like an ammy of ghostspeak? I'm pretty sure Jagex never intended it to be possible so that could be 'bug abuse'. Of course, they'd never ban you for it *hopes*.

How much does the onyx cost if you get tokkul by selling chaos runes?

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

the time your entangled is shorter if u have protect magic equipped just though id add that to.

NOT EVEN CLOSE, to what protect from magic does, lol, it reduces the amount of DAMAGE that happens to you when you get it, and if im correct, cuts the damage in half, IT DOES NOT lower the time frozen, trust me, i'd know :wink:

I was wearing full mystic and i'm 82 mage. He was wearing full rune and not using portect from mage. I tangled him the spell didnt fail and hit him for 2 damage. then he kept running.

At the risk of looking silly, are you sure it was entangle, that you didn't hit the wrong buton? :lol:

It might sound a silly question, but when i asked someone complaining about their tea whether they were sure they put sugar in, it turned out to be salt! :lol: :roll:

it still cracks me up!

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

very interesting find.

Couldn't help but notice, your signature says "Nice grammer jagex", when it should be "Nice grammar JaGEX"

On-topic;

It puzzles me how people figure out these bugs. Some of them are the most out of this world ideas that only a genious could figure out, props to them. :P

Actually, if you go to jagex.com, its "JAGeX", but is that really important?

I'm still a little confused on how this works. Are you saying you use the ring to turn to stone, then you can move when you turn back to normal? If thats what's going on, I can easily see how that is accedintally coded in. They program it so you can move when you turn to rock, then you can move again when you turn back into normal.

Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!

142qvyv.jpg

3 down, 7 to go

I'm still a little confused on how this works. Are you saying you use the ring to turn to stone, then you can move when you turn back to normal? If thats what's going on, I can easily see how that is accedintally coded in. They program it so you can move when you turn to rock, then you can move again when you turn back into normal.

no, you dont need to do anything funky, just wield your stone ring and youll never get frozen

I do believe its a bug or Jagex is already lacking on their knowledge database

The Ring Of Stone's only physical ability is

" Turns the user into a stone, any attempts to do anything other than type via the chat box will cause the user to return to normal "

foreverforher.gif

I do believe its a bug or Jagex is already lacking on their knowledge database

The Ring Of Stone's only physical ability is

" Turns the user into a stone, any attempts to do anything other than type via the chat box will cause the user to return to normal "

They do have all of the max hits wrong on ancient magick barrage spells. I wouldn't trust the KB quite yet.

I doubt that this is a bug, and what he meant is if you get frozen/entangled then you TRY to equip the ring and it will just negate the freezing/entangling spell for a minute, without actually putting on the ring, i should get one and try this out sometime.

El Psy Congroo.

Well, if I had the money to spare I'd test this out, but, alas, I am poor with only about 3mil :cry:

Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!

142qvyv.jpg

3 down, 7 to go