Ring of Stone: Actual use or a bug?

Sly_Wizard

(If this has already been found out and has been discussed, then I apologize.)

Earlier today my friend PM'ed that he had found a use for the RoS: According to him you couldn't be frozen (By the ice spells) when you had it equipped. Needless to say, when we went to the duel arena to test his theory out, amazingly he couldn't be frozen. We later tried it out with entangles and the same thing happened. I entangled him but he was still able to move. I tried to entangle him again yet the game stated that he was already entangled.

This was what he stated:

No. I didn't have to be in stone form for it to be negates. I clicked on it once when I was frozen, and then I was unfrozen and couldn't be frozen for about a minute.

If anyone has a ring of stone, just PM me and we can test it out to see if it works with anyone else.

Do you think that this was actually intended or is just a bug? If it's not just a bug and is it's intended use, then this will indeed by the day in which many melee'ers-- And rangers-- Rejoice.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:? but arent you a rock when you wear a ring of stone anyway? if ur a rock u cant move :oops:

But you're not a rock. From what he told me, he clicked on it the second he became frozen/entangled. All I know is that when I tried to froeze/entangle him and the game wouldn't let me.

As I stated, it might be a glitch. Who knows. But someone else should try it out to see if it works for them.

Does anyone else have a ring of stone to test this with? This could be an amazing breakthrough! :)

When you are learning, you are growing. If you stop learning, you stop growing. If you stop growing, you die. Train hard, eat fried chicken, and take a one-a-day. (And cook that broccoli 'til it's yella and pour cheese all over it)

slowmethusel.png

You see this kind of thing annoys me.

Lets say that we have unintentionally discovered that this is the use of the ROS, great, thats going to add a new element to people using the abyss, killing greens and other wildy activites where we just wanna run from you pkers. We can all rejoice in this item and feel a little safer in the wildy :-)

On the flipside:

It turns out this IS a bug. And people have been reported because when they were entangled they abused the bug and were able to kill/run away from their assailant.

This is something Jagex needs us to feel safe about. If something like this happens, then i assume that is has been coded into the game, just like everything else, there is no way to know that it is a bug,and yet there could be a ban looming if i use it??

- My skills are now really, really lame ! Time to fix that! -

You see this kind of thing annoys me.

Lets say that we have unintentionally discovered that this is the use of the ROS, great, thats going to add a new element to people using the abyss, killing greens and other wildy activites where we just wanna run from you pkers. We can all rejoice in this item and feel a little safer in the wildy :-)

On the flipside:

It turns out this IS a bug. And people have been reported because when they were entangled they abused the bug and were able to kill/run away from their assailant.

This is something Jagex needs us to feel safe about. If something like this happens, then i assume that is has been coded into the game, just like everything else, there is no way to know that it is a bug,and yet there could be a ban looming if i use it??

4 times out of 5 Jagex won't ban for bug abuse, because if it's a bad enough bug, they'll fix it right away.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

well the thing is, if you use a bug taht you have no way of knowing isnt inttentional they wont ban you. but if its something that is obvious like attcking and killing people outside of the wilds or duplicating items, they will ban you.

this is one of those cases where it could just be the effect of the ring and we have no way of knowing if its supposed to or not.

this would be a great find if it is true =)

p9793481.gif

p8170253.gif

the time your entangled is shorter if u have protect magic equipped just though id add that to. but yeah id say that if this is true then it is really unfair but equally if u kill someone wearing one and it is true also the ring wil be worth more, a worthy kill hehe will replace whip kills for higher lvls of combat

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

very interesting find.

Couldn't help but notice, your signature says "Nice grammer jagex", when it should be "Nice grammar JaGEX"

On-topic;

It puzzles me how people figure out these bugs. Some of them are the most out of this world ideas that only a genious could figure out, props to them. :P

the time your entangled is shorter if u have protect magic equipped just though id add that to.

NOT EVEN CLOSE, to what protect from magic does, lol, it reduces the amount of DAMAGE that happens to you when you get it, and if im correct, cuts the damage in half, IT DOES NOT lower the time frozen, trust me, i'd know :wink:

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

the time your entangled is shorter if u have protect magic equipped just though id add that to.

NOT EVEN CLOSE, to what protect from magic does, lol, it reduces the amount of DAMAGE that happens to you when you get it, and if im correct, cuts the damage in half, IT DOES NOT lower the time frozen, trust me, i'd know :wink:

It used to halve the time frozen or entangled, but a couple weeks ago there was an update that changed this.

Can anyone else confirm that putting on the Ring of Stone while frozen or entangled removes the effect and makes it so you cannot be frozen anymore?