Hostel

Anesthesia

The most horrific film I've ever seen. Let's try to avoid going into any detail about any of the nasty bits so as to not spoil it for those who haven't seen it and not offend the powers that be.

I am surprised that this film was not banned, yet it managed to get only an R rating in america - not NC17 (I'm not saying it SHOULD be banned, I think people should be allowed to watch what they want so long as it doesn't hurt others).

It reminded me a lot of The Wicker Man, in the sense that everyone was 'in on it' except the protagonists. This makes it different from most horror films because usually they have incredibly stupid protagonists. It also reminded me of exploitation film such as Cannibal Holocaust and the Ilsa films due to the levels of gore, but this actually had a compelling story too. I sat through the gore because I needed to know how it ended.

I'm not gonna watch this film again. And I seriously suggest you don't watch it if you've not over 18, usually 18 ratings are a bit conservative but I think this one is well deserved.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

horrific? scary? should be banned? what movie did you see?

the movie was completely unbelieveable. there was almost nothing different than anyother horror movie, just generic stuff. some person gets their toe cut off, thats about as gory as it gets. the plotline was stupid, didnt leave any suspense what so ever. the movie i would say sucks.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

It was shocking because usually they just imply that something has happened - you see the lead up then it cuts away. But here it just shows everything.

Did you read my post at all? I didn't say it was scary anywhere. I also added something saying that I DIDN'T think it should be banned. If you're gonna reply to my post then you should bother to bloody read it.

some person gets their toe cut off, thats about as gory as it gets.

Have you even SEEN the film? If you have then you will realise that is NOT the gory bit at all. The bit with the asian girl whom he goes back to rescue is.

I read about it in TotalFilm mag, really wanna go see it

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Sorry about that, it must have ruined the whole movie for you :roll:

You'd get just as much spoilers from reading the preview, or seeing a trailer, if not more.

It was shocking because usually they just imply that something has happened - you see the lead up then it cuts away. But here it just shows everything.

Did you read my post at all? I didn't say it was scary anywhere. I also added something saying that I DIDN'T think it should be banned. If you're gonna reply to my post then you should bother to bloody read it.

some person gets their toe cut off, thats about as gory as it gets.

Have you even SEEN the film? If you have then you will realise that is NOT the gory bit at all. The bit with the asian girl whom he goes back to rescue is.

ok, you didnt say scary. you did say you were suprised it wasnt banned, and i dont see where that comes from at all. whats so bad about it that you havent seen in hundreds of other films? and whats so bad about the asian girl, just a little fake blood is all you see (not to say not real looking blood is bad, it definently serves its purpose in some movies).

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I heard it was a bit 'gory', but that was all. That there hardly was a story. Ah well, haven't seen it. I'll go this week so I can judge for my own.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

the only gory bits is when the china lady gets her eye cut off then jumps in front of the train, or when the main character goes gets revenge on the guy and chops his fingers off, or when the little kids through the rocks at those 2 men, basically 3 students i tihnk go to a hostel 2 die one survives :P overall the film is pretty funny

• 2 weeks later...
I read about it in TotalFilm mag, really wanna go see it

I read about it in TotalFilm too, that eye thing they describe sounds horrible :?

Im not too sure about this one to be honest, on one hand it looks like a damn good scary film but on the other I feel it might just use cheap tactics to get an easy scare from the audience.

Although really my argument there is void since I haven't seen it. Hell Ill probably just see it out of curiosity anyway.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

• 3 months later...

As it got released today on DVD (at least here in Holland ;)) I'd say it's justified to give this thread a little bump.

Anjie, I really don't see what you thought was so scary about it. I thought it was quite obvious that you should take everything with a grain of salt (this is how you say it, right?), and this is everything but a serious movie. My friends told me how sick it was a few days ago, I saw it tonight and I couldn't stop laughing (and that isn't a bad thing!), and I think that says more about them than it does about me. I watched the unrated version BTW. The ending scene in the toilet was amazing :lol:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

This film didn't come close to what I expected.. I watched it with my parents, and.. Let's just say the first part was uncomfortable.. But after that it wasn't creeping me out (which is what I love about horror films).

Then...

The bit with the asian girl whom he goes back to rescue is.

And I think I almost threw up.. That had to be the nastiest part of the whole movie.

All in all it was a decent movie, but it didn't measure up to what I heard about it before I saw it.

I saw the movie a month or two back :) .

I enjoyed it. It deffinitly wasn't suposed to be serrious (the first half of the movie is the equivilent practicly of a softcore pr0n video :oops: ) but I enjoyed the second half. It didn't "scare" me par-say, but it did give me the creeps a bit. I hate tourture in movies. You can blow them up or kill them in the worst ways possible, but when they don't have any chance to fight back I hate it, hah.