F2p melee training: rune scimmy vs. baxe

chris1216

Rune scimmy > Rune battleaxe.

A long time ago someone told me that the rune battleaxe was the strongest weapon on f2p (warhammer is, I know) so I made a mistake and trained for a while with it, but I noticed that other players were killing lessers at a faster rate than me when they had a scimmy. So I switched to a scimitar and I noticed the difference - my combat went up much faster, kills more quickly and I used less food.

OK, from experience, common sense, and basic facts, let me lay it out here for all of you:

I am going to, in full detail, explain to you the 4 weapons mostly used on f2p:

Longswords, Scimitars, 2-handed Swords, and Battle Axes.

Weapon: Longsword

Speed: Average

Damage: Medium

Accuracy: Below average

Other notes: Allows for a shield, but does not have any advantage to exploit.

Recommend to use when: There is nothing else available.

Weapon: Scimitar

Speed: Fast

Damage: sub-standard

Accuracy: Low

Other notes: It is a fast weapon, use with power amulet and strength potion to exploit this speed to its maximum potential.

Recommend to use when: Training on unarmored creatures. Dont go pk-ing with it on your own, it has a hard time penetrating Plate armor.

Weapon: Battle Axe

Speed: Slow

Damage: High

Accuracy: Medium to High (using the "controlled" style makes you hit more often on Plate armor)

Other notes: Accurate and powerfull, make sure every hit counts by having a high attack level. Use Incredible Reflex prayer if possible.

Recommend to use when: PK-ing by yourself, or when your attack level is already vastly superior to your strength.

Weapon: 2-handed Sword

Speed: Very Slow

Damage: Very High

Accuracy: High to Extreme (using the "controlled" style makes you hit more often on Plate armor)

Other notes: No shield! Have a high attack level to make every massive hit count. Use with a power amulet.

Recommend to use when: PK-ing in a team, where it is unlikely that you're the prime target.

I hope this has put everything in some perspective for you. Happy Scaping

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I not training right now, but i am going to finsh the last f2p quest and kill the dragon. I useing the battle axe cause i need the high hits on her. If I die in that battle than i going and buy a scimmy.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

The scimitar is really much better then the battleaxe because:

Lets say your strenght is 60, scimitar adds 44 and battaleaxe 64 to strenght

Total strenght is 104 for scimmy and 124 for battleaxe,

Speed scimmy is 2,33... secs and for battleaxe 3,5 secs

Scimmy, 104/2.33.. is 44.571429....

Battleaxe is 124/3,5 is 35.428571

The attack difference adds only less then a percent extra accuracy so that isnt important

Ofcourse, the battleaxe has got the benfit of first strike, but it is so minimous it can be neglected.

So in short: scimmy rules, and when you're strenght is even higher the battleaxe will be even less strong vs scimmy.

conplaatje3vl9.png

In a completely unrelated issue, I sold my rune scimmy for a rune long.

BIG MISTAKE. I hate the long! It's so unaccurate. I got tons more accuracy with my addy b axe!

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

seen many of these...but scimmy still owns.....

use dagger if u wannna poke chickens

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/