Old Jobs you did when you needed money.

woopidoo2

Fast food, 3 months, lots of money, bought a car, worth it.

You worked at a fast food place for only three months and had enough for a car? Damn, how much did you get paid and how much was the car? ;o\

I used to tutor and coach lacrosse and soccer. The tutoring money was pretty nice, the coaching money was nothing special, but I did both more for fun than for the money. Earned around three or four grand a school year doing them. Other than that, the only other jobs I've ever had have been in hospitals/laboratories, but those were more for my resume and experience to help me in my career in the long run rather than for money. I usually volunteered/interned, but every now and then I got paid, which was just a nice bonus.

I once ate raw food for money, does that count?

Other than that, mostly just computer repairs and some tutoring stuff.

3 months in fast food = New car?

What Fastfood is this! :shock:

^.^

~komodo

If you work for low wage (6.25) 8 hours a day..5 days a week..4 times a month...for 3 months = $3,000 (Enough for a get around car

and that's only low wage..

Around 5,000 with an $11 pay

but this wouldn't take you 3 months if you're a student..only if its your everday job :lol:

^.^

~komodo

Not a new car :lol: .

Basically worked out to 3 1/2 months = 14 weeks

14 weeks X 32 average hours = 448 hours

Roughly 5 dollars per hour after tax etc. X 384 hours = $2240 dollars (car cost $1,800-2,000) Worked my but off for it, and it's mine :D

---------------------

I'm working again at the local cinema now for about the same pay to keep up gas, food, whatever.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Sumer job I had a few years back worked for a month in a binding/packaging factory.

Saved up about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã800 and bought my computer with it :)

sig2ho7.jpg

I have never had a real job but I did play poker in high school for spare money. Nothing spectacular, but an extra 300-400 bucks a month for working only about 12-15 hours a week.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

Worked always since I was 14.

Started as a paperboy

then washing the dishes

After that serving in a lunchroom

after that supermarket

Record/DVD store (now)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

My main job through highschool was working as a pump-jockey in a service station. Not a bad gig, couple of hours after school three nights a week, pump petrol, clean windscreen, check oil and tyres. It also meant I got to know most of the town which was useful for my other source of income - working as a bartender for parties. People would throw parties 40ths, 50ths, engagements etc and instead of spending the night making sure people had enough to eat and drink they'd hire me and some of my friends for the evening and we'd get dressed up in black & whites and hand out food and drinks for the evening. We could make $150.00 each tax-free and cash in hand for four or five hours work. Generally it was only the wealthy end of town that hired us and although we only specified that we charged $15.00 per hour they were always happy to kick in a bit of extra cash if we did a good job.

siganizq4.gif

Sumer job I had a few years back worked for a month in a binding/packaging factory.

Saved up about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã800 and bought my computer with it :)

was it a 2nd hand or from store?

from a shop, not second hand.

sig2ho7.jpg

^.^

~komodo

Not a new car :lol: .

Basically worked out to 3 1/2 months = 14 weeks

14 weeks X 32 average hours = 448 hours

Roughly 5 dollars per hour after tax etc. X 384 hours = $2240 dollars (car cost $1,800-2,000) Worked my but off for it, and it's mine :D

What you mean to say, is you bought a bike that you nicknamed "car"?

But what kind of "car" and how many miles were on it?

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I used to taste test which was pretty fun. Generally tasted junk food and got a good $25 each time I did it for an hour or so. :)

My current job I work at Greco Pizza. I used to work on delivery's, the pay is better but my Saturn can't handle all them extra clicks :( Now I'm back in the kitchen making orders.

Last week I made a donair and it looked amazing! I decided to grab a hunk of donair meat out of it because I was hungry. I checked the receipt and I thought it was for delivery. Unfortunatly it said for pickup at front and the woman was right in front of me! She never said anything though.

My old jobs sucked. Tim Hortons, dish washer at an Italian resteraunt and odd jobs on the side.

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

Record/DVD store (now)

One word: Discounts :D

You got that right! 20% on everything. :)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I used to taste test which was pretty fun. Generally tasted junk food and got a good $25 each time I did it for an hour or so.

hehee test tasting would be fun! mmmm food! 8)

andy+sam202.png

Used to work as a bodyguard/ bouncer/ security officer... Paid very well, but I quit, cause I had to work 12 hours a day sometimes. There were even days where I had to work 16 hours a day for a whole week, and there were times where I had to work 3 weeks without an off day...

Ahhhh... I can still remember those days

Well, working as a bouncer is very cool, you'll get to meat lots of pretty girls lol. But yeah, there are times when people will come equipped with weapons, and it's your job to calm them down. I remember some time ago, this guy shot almost a whole ammo clip thru the door and trying to shoot the bouncers, just cause the bouncers wouldnt let him in. Thank God no one got hurt, and his bad luck was... those bouncers were police officers...

So, I wouldnt wanna be in his shoes

Guest AshKaYu
My current job I work at Greco Pizza. I used to work on delivery's, the pay is better but my Saturn can't handle all them extra clicks :( Now I'm back in the kitchen making orders.

Last week I made a donair and it looked amazing! I decided to grab a hunk of donair meat out of it because I was hungry. I checked the receipt and I thought it was for delivery. Unfortunatly it said for pickup at front and the woman was right in front of me! She never said anything though.

My old jobs sucked. Tim Hortons, dish washer at an Italian resteraunt and odd jobs on the side.

I LOVE GRECO PIZZA! You cannot get it on the main land! It's awesome! Go you!

Anyway, I ate bugs for money when I was younger, and I had a paper route.