School bus execution

TheRealist

Really? Hmmm. I bet that kid said the same thing, now his head is facing the other way...
Ya Rly.

Although, the people I travel with give lengthy warnings, so that generally helps - along with making sure I got a clear run before doing anything stupid.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with some others that this sounds a little far feched.

First you say you live at NYC, not many trees there last time I looked. For a branch to break the kid's neck it would have to be strong, that branch would have been cut off or broke the main window before it goto the kid. The brach would also have to be very long and at just the right hight to hit him. Say that road workers and the buss driver failed to notice the tree, that the tree was the right size to hit him, and located at the right hight, and that he could not pull his head back in there is one more problem. 30 mile/hour = 44 foot/second so thats a huge tree, multipy by 10(lets make it 5) will mean your buss was in an orchard driving right next to the trees.

If it was true then sorry for the loss. Can you please cite a news page because it would be on something considering its a one in a million chance.

Charles_pencil.118.gif

According to Wendy Northcutt, the five requirements for a Darwin are

1. Inability to reproduce - Nominee must be dead or sterile.

A disputed issue, due to age, cloning, donation of reproductive cells, and celibacy. Should the elderly be allowed to win, their death having no impact on the gene pool? The general rule of thumb is that if the candidate no longer has the physical wherewithal to breed with a mate on an otherwise uninhabited island, they are out of the gene pool. However, one living man won a Darwin Award without losing his genitals because he had superglued himself to rhino buttocks and gotten sprayed with feces, so supposedly no female would have any interest in him. A marginal case is women whose stupidity imprisons them long enough for breeding to be improbable.

2. Excellence - Astounding misapplication of judgment.

The candidate's idiocy must be unique and sensational. A number of commonly stupid activities (such as someone who goes to bed with a lit cigarette in their mouth or someone who drinks alcohol to death) are specifically excluded from consideration, unlike someone who asks a friend to shoot him with cigarette butts (Woodbine, New Jersey, 2002), someone who gets bitten by a cobra and claims that he's man enough to take the venom, or someone who tries to cut into a fireworks warehouse with a blowtorch.

3. Self-selection - Cause of one's own demise.

A hapless bystander being hit by an anvil dropped from a skyscraper has suffered from bad luck. But if you are hit by the anvil you rigged above your own balcony to kill pigeons, then you are eligible for a Darwin Award. Equally eligible was the Virginia murderer who wrote a gloating letter of confession to the prosecutor's office "to show you how stupid y'all are" after his acquittal, and the lawyer who leaned on a high-story window in order to demonstrate how the window can pop right out of the frame (you guess what happened next).

There is no award for taking someone else out of the gene pool in an extraordinarily stupid manner, even if the bystander may have had some genes in common with the idiot. Generally, if others are harmed or endangered in the course of the action, the nominee is disqualified, though exceptions exist. Hence, drunk drivers who cause the deaths of others are ineligible, even if they were not already disqualified by lack of excellence.

4. Maturity - Capable of sound judgment.

The nominee must be at least middle/late teen years of age and free of mental handicaps. However, some very rare Darwins like the thirteen-year-old girl who sniffs bug spray to her death (New Zealand, 2001) have been on the site, though this is not permitted anymore.

5. Veracity - The event must be verified. (See urban legends.)

The story must be backed up by reliable sources i.e. reputable newspaper articles, confirmed television reports, and/or responsible eyewitnesses.

Rule 4 and posibly 5 will exclude him from winning this wonderful award.

link to news article? i cant seem to find anything...

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Indeed. Call me a skeptic but i don't believe a word of this.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Indeed. Call me a skeptic but i don't believe a word of this.

Indeed indeed. If someone had witnessed such a thing I think the last thing they'd be doing would be talking in a boasty manner about it on a forum.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

I can't believe that some of you actually thought this was made up... We we're driving through a nearish? suburb, just outside of Queens. I'll check if it's in the news, but surely this will be a concern to the bus company.

Why wouldn't the bus driver tell him to stay in his seat? My bus driver is an idiot. Honestly, it's like just last week 2 kids were fighting in the middle of the bus and he didn't do cabbage.

I have seen alot worse though. :roll: Still, poor kid. He was only 12.

"Hey, wanna push the bus-driver, knowing he can't legally push us back?"

"Sure!"

Blame the compensation culture. Some public servers are pushed so far, why should they have to care? Put yourself in his shoes, 2 males hitting puberty in the back of your bus. Who'd want to get involved in that?

How is that execution?

That was the first thing I thought after reading his text.

Anyway, sorry to hear. But I guess it's kind of stupid to hang out of the bus. Doesn't make the whole thing easier though.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

You know I didn't mean it that way, Bubsa. He even went over it with us in the beginning of the year some rules. He had them from the bus company's contract, and hejust never enforces them. :roll:

Well, in that case, it is a pretty strange thing for him to do. To give the impression he cares and then doesn't...yeah, that's pretty smeggy.

I can't believe that some of you actually thought this was made up... We we're driving through a nearish? suburb, just outside of Queens. I'll check if it's in the news, but surely this will be a concern to the bus company.

Changing the loaction doesnt work, it is still better than the city but the only place where something like this even could happen is next to a farm or in a dense forest.

Why wouldn't the bus driver tell him to stay in his seat? My bus driver is an idiot. Honestly, it's like just last week 2 kids were fighting in the middle of the bus and he didn't do cabbage.

Even if he is stupid he should be able to see a line of 200+feet of trees with branches hanging in the middle of the road. He would have to be nearly blind and deff not to know those trees were smacking the bus with an adverage of 20+ pounds of force.

You have seen alot worse than a nearly decapitated friend? Also the kid is in 6th or 5th grade, how the heck is he that stupid!

One other reasion why I don't believe in this is that last year at a kid's graduation party his friends stole a car and where driving around. The kid lost his hat out the window and looked outside to get it. They drove off the road and hit a tree. He did live, but he was in a coma for almost the entire school year and when he got out he had almost no control over his musles so he could bairly eat and could not talk or walk.

He survived being hit on the head by a tree when they were speeding. His friends thought he was dead so they left him in the damn car for almost a day before anyone realised he was alive.

Changing the loaction doesnt work, it is still better than the city but the only place where something like this even could happen is next to a farm or in a dense forest.

Even if he is stupid he should be able to see a line of 200+feet of trees with branches hanging in the middle of the road. He would have to be nearly blind and deff not to know those trees were smacking the bus with an adverage of 20+ pounds of force.

You have seen alot worse than a nearly decapitated friend? Also the kid is in 6th or 5th grade, how the heck is he that stupid!

One other reasion why I don't believe in this is that last year at a kid's graduation party his friends stole a car and where driving around. The kid lost his hat out the window and looked outside to get it. They drove off the road and hit a tree. He did live, but he was in a coma for almost the entire school year and when he got out he had almost no control over his musles so he could bairly eat and could not talk or walk.

He survived being hit on the head by a tree when they were speeding. His friends thought he was dead so they left him in the damn car for almost a day before anyone realised he was alive.

You have no right to call me "that stupid" after saying i've seen worse after living in NYC all my life. Whatever, I should have never posted it if I'd have known people would react this way.

I've honestly seen kids do stupid things like this. Even in fifth or sixth grade, I can guarantee you, some children have no common sense. On the buses around here, you will get kicked off if you stick your head out a window. I've seen many many people come into close calls just like this situation. Around here, the branches of trees even scrape the bus as you drive by them, and, this area is moderately urbanized. It's no New York, but I believe this story, mainly because I've witnessed related (all horrible) injuries.

3898000bYVcx.png

Guest AshKaYu
"Hey, wanna push the bus-driver, knowing he can't legally push us back?"

"Sure!"

Do you watch Family Guy?

Anyway, to keep this on topic, Darkrick, how do you know? Maybe his brother did that before, and it was "cool".

I don't know, I still find it hard to believe. Around here (southern Ontario) the city makes sure they cut off all dangerous branches hanging around the road.

summerpngwy6.jpg

Still no online news article...

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Still no online news article...

And you know what's even weirder? He is able to spit on cars - and yet somehow a tree branch was hanging out very low, and over the cars he was spitting on.

Now this would mean that he can not have been hanging out the left side of the bus (drive on right side of hte road in US), and if he was hanging out the right side of the bus, for him to get hit by branches, the cars would have to have been parked on the side of the road, because if they were driving, there is no way that a branch would be able to extend over the shoulder of the road and two lanes to where the kid was.

Where were they parked? People can't spit too far, and I can't see the school bus driving as close to the parked cars as possible.

summerpngwy6.jpg

Now I think about it, have you ever tried to spit at 30mph? If the spit doesn't re-enter your throat and nearly chokes you, it goes zooming straight back into your window or down the side of the car/bus.

Unless that guy had rocket spit or something..

Am i the only one who's picking up a very strong odor eminating from this thread... it seems to be getting stronger too.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

ROFL at Bubsa.

Yeah this story is either 100% complete BS or its been warped through chinese whisper.... mm i started writing a long post about the logistics of everyhitng and how far apart youd have to be, speed, distance etc but i really cant be bothered wasting my time. @ Topic starter... post sources or bugger off. I cant be bothered wasting my time with phoney posters.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi