Temple Trekking Guide

putt

Hey, Figured since I have been running tests and stuff to see what you can do and get from Temple Trekking, the new Minigame in Burgh De Rott in Mortan, I figured I might make a guide, any critiques or corrections are welcome. I hope this can be made sticky as well.

Before you Even Start the Minigame

I would suggest a few things before you do this minigame.

First, and Foremost, YOU NEED THE PROTECTION FROM MELEE PRAYER.

I cannot say this enough, because some of the monsters in here are..amazingly defended against almost any weapons, and they hit hard, fast, and in groups! Melee can take out all of them though, dependant on the weapon you use. Magic does almost diddly squat to them(didnt try ancient magic, because I was lazy and didnt take the time, and figured it would hit my little pals I had to save.

Secondly, you must have done the new In Aid of the Myreque Quest to even be able to get to the place you can work on this with.

Now, a few items that I would Suggest.

Prayer pots-At least 3( I had a Holy Wrench with me too{See Rum Deal}

Super sets-1 of each superpotion

Good Food-I used Tuna potatoes, but I assume sharks could work too.

Good Armour-I used Drag and a Gilded plate(sadly I havent got a dchain)

Strong regular melee Weapon( I used Whip)

A few Items that are a MUST:

Silver Sickle(one of only two weapons that damage juvinates)

Druid Pouches(More the better)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting the Minigame:

When entering Burgh De Rott, you will see to the west the Red Minigame Star, there are a bunch of people standing around with backpacks on. These are the guys you get to lead to Patterdomus(Saradomin Temple Basement on the River Salve). Now, I need to explain the Item gain for these guys, versus the Paths.

The weaker the person you bring(IE, most unable to defend themselves) the better the items you receive are. But the stronger the person(When you ask about battle, tells you they can defend themselves a bit) the less good the items are, a difference between tuna and lobster or swordies, or perhaps wildbloods and tree seeds. A reminder that all the items you receive are able to be used to increase your skills, as well as sometimes you earn neat little tomes that give you exp Instantly( I only got two, and they were from the hardest path with the weakest little guys.) Since the paths have such a huge level difference, I would suggest starting with the easy one, if that one is too easy, then go to the medium, if its still pretty easy then try to tackle the hard path. Letting your ward get killed ends the minigame for you. Beware the Hard path, as the Npc's on it are usually ranging from level 134, to 179, to 254, if not higher.

The Paths

All paths are not created Equal.

The first path sometimes can be the shortest, other times the third path is(again its far more dangerous). But usually the second path is ALWAYS in between. The color of the reward ticket depends on your path chosen. I get higher amounts of whatever im given when I take the last path, because I receive a Red Reward Token, Gold for the Second path, and Blue for the First.

Each path has its own little twists, but sometimes you can come up against puzzles. So far I have found three Puzzles.

Puzzles

The Broken Bridge:

This puzzle I forget to get a picture of, but its fairly simple, you will see a broken bridge, a few stunted dead trees and a zombie.

The Answer is Simple, Kill the zombie, take its hatchet, chop the trees, wield the hatchet and use log on bridge 3 times. Boom, its fixed, right click and cross the bridge, and then go north to continue on.

The River Of Vines:

This puzzle was slightly more, out of sight. But, if you search the backpack in the middle of the clearing you get a Knife. You can use this, on the little tree to the east with the vines. Cut three Vines, and Braid them, use them on the big tree in the centre of the river to the west, and then swing over. Again, the path to the north is the Key.

vineriver.png

The Sinking(stinking?) Bog:

By the time I got to this puzzle I was Suspicious of everything, so I searched for 20 minutes for a hidden item to cross the bog. I was wrong.

You walk on the bog itself, sort of like crossing the grid in underground pass, its different each time you get here. But at least this one doesnt damage you. After you pass the bog again, take the north path.

bogsink.png

Tips and Tricks

A few tips and tricks I picked up.

You can of course use the Guthix Balance potion on any juvinates you fight, but this takes up valuable time, and can sometimes be to you and your wards detriment, because if the Juvinate, Rejuvinates from the potion, your ward is now facing one very angry vampy. Remember, in order to use the potion you need to bring an Ivandis Rod, and each rod has only 10 uses before it crumbles to dust. And juvinates can only be harmed by Blessed Silver weapons.

Druid Pouches Can be Refilled every few trips(you fight some really big ghasts in the hard path) by going through the swamp instead of the shortcut below the pub in Canifis.

Just stop by the Nature Altar to refuel your prayer when you have gathered enough Nature Harvests.

Giant Snails are Meanies, these big guys use ranged, so Protection from Ranged prayer is a must, because they shoot fast..and hit about as hard as rune arrows. If anyone finds out what the giant shells they drop are used for(cant make snelms out of them) let me know :)

bigmeanies.png

This Concludes my Guide on this Minigame for now, I might edit things later, but I hope you Enjoy it.

Glimm

Nice guide...might need to make the pictures thumbnail links to bigger pics on Imageshack. Or just post a larger picture on the thread.

Anyway nice guide once again! :)

At the swamp puzzle you can use a knife with the bush and get sticks. You can use these sticks to test the swamp if it is passable, no need to get yourself drowned :wink:

Also the official guide says nothing about getting tree seeds as rewards?

Cool guide, but i have a question: Is it worth it to use pray pots, sharks and all this time? Is the reward big enough? imo, not.

But cool guide anyways :)

At the swamp puzzle, you can also use any slashing weapon on the bush to get sticks. First time I went I did it without a knife. Used my DDS on the bush and got sticks to test the bog. Better than randomly walking to spots on the bog and possibly forgetting where you've fallen.

Also, when you take the 3rd path, you may encounter a tentacle monster. When fighting this creature you must kill all the tentacles and finish it off by killing the head. I recommend killing the tentacles at one side of the boat(either the rear or the front) and getting the person you're guiding to stand on that side of the boat as the tentacles won't be able to reach them. Be careful, if your person is walking by themselves, they may stupidly walk into attack range of the tentacles.

If you encounter the big snakes and kill them, I believe you have to use a knife to get their snakehide.

Noctis666.png

Here's the pics of the blessing.

beforeblessing4jp.png

afterblessing5gq.png

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

A few Items that are a MUST:

Silver Sickle(one of only two weapons that damage juvinates)

Druid Pouches(More the better)

Also, the wolfbane is a silver dagger and the strongest weapon to be fighting juvinates with...unless the silverlight and darklight are made of silver too.

captain_poet.png

I use this strategy when taking route 3:

Outfit: prayer robes, berserker helmet, boots of lightness, unholy symbol, book of zamorak, gloves of choice from recepie of disaser chest, whip as main weapon. I choose to use protection prayers, and thereby dress for high prayer bonus. I want a light outfit to be able to run on my way back.

In inventory: salve ammy (to use when I get shades), dds (works amazingly well on the snails, and are also good to poison the snakes + the special is very good for a quick kill of any npc that attack the person you are to protect, especially if getting the tentacle monster), Rod of ivandis (for vampires, eventually guthix balance if I have it, eventully also wolfbane dagger as it does more damage than the silver sickle). 1 of each super strenght and super attack (I drink a dose just before I start the trek). 2 prayer pots, 2 sharks, 3-4 snails to feed my companions if need should arise. About 30 druid pouches. Knife to skin the snakes if I encounter them. Several empty slots in inventory to be able to pick up shade remains, hold the branches when going over the bog, pick up snail shells (whatever they will be good for ;) ) and snake skins.

Perhaps you want to mention that you have to cash in your reward token before you start a new trek.

Edit: clarifications ;)

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

I used heavy-defense outfit (dragon set + guthan plate + runite boots + obby cape). With def 80+, most the monster of the second road (the one i mostly use) will rarely hit you, and you can do fine with a load of 10 swordies or lobbies (most of the time, I rarely use half of them).

The only prayer that is a "must" is the anti-range prayer - to use against the snails. otherwise, the easy trail snails will badly damge you, and the harder snails *will* kill you.

If im doing the easy trail, there is no real need for a prayer pot - with prayer 50+ and whip, you can kill most of the snails before prayer runs out, then use few food to finish the rest. With the 2nd trail, 1 extra prayer potion is a must.

tip: dont forget to recharge prayer in the salve temple after finishing the minigame. 65 agility is highly recomanded here - because it saves lots of walking time.

another tips:

in many of the trail 1 and 2 encounters, the best strategy is to quickly stand 1 square before the civilian. most monsters will swarm on you or blocked by you.

It is nearly perfect against giant snakes and ghasts. It usualy works with the vampires, unless you got bad luck and there are some vamps in the sides. Then the situation is really bad, because you wont be able to block all of them.

a warning: Ashian shades can somtimes "walk on you" - means, pass you and stand at the same square you are, and then they quickly kill your ward. That is really bad, because they wont stop to defend themselves, even if you are whiping them from the back.

giant snails: If you got bad luck and one of the snails start to range your ward, leave anything and attack him first. Unlike the shade, the snail will turn to attack you.

guthix balance potion: worth using if you are doing root 2 or 3. from the lv90 vamps that I turned human I got mith legs and addy longsword (worth of alching indeed). In the easy root, dont bother and simply hit the lv50+ vamps with the rod of ivandis, till they flee.

L.Bellatrix.png

Slayer: 85/85, Herblore: 82/82, Farming 81/82, def 99/99.

new goals: full sardomain costum from t.trails (2/6), slayer 87/90, attack 98/99

Dragon drops: 4 half shields, 2 dragon spears | whip drops: 5.

barrow drops: Ahrim's hood

A few more additions: Skinning a giant snake gives 2-5 snake hides :shock: So yeah, they are huge, but shouldnt they give 1 huge hide instead of multiple small ones? ;)

If you log out during the trek, it is game over. When you log in again, you will find yourself back in Burgh de Rott, just inside the gates where the people are waiting.

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

5225xj.jpg

the info on the runescape sit is wrong, the manual says that rune essence is 81-468. clealy 522 is more. this was with the little girl on the hard root

Barrows drops to date: ahrim's skirt, hood and top x 5. Dharoks legs top x 2 and helm. Guthan's legs and plate. torags plate x 2. verc's flail skirt brassard x 2. karil's x bow coif and top

1st d drop 03/03/06 d med in barrows

the info on the runescape sit is wrong, the manual says that rune essence is 81-468. clealy 522 is more. this was with the little girl on the hard root

Yeah, that info made me wonder as well, as I got 666 rune essences THREE times, only took a picture once though ;)

trek666b9gf.png

I also had 242 bow strings, 75 herbs (of one kind), 80 raw lobsters and 76 wildblood seeds - all of those being more than the knowledgedatabase state.

And... 6 silver bars - which is less than minimum stated.

Details are here.

Gugge.png

Moly.png

Yeah, that info made me wonder as well, as I got 666 rune essences THREE times, only took a picture once though ;)

trek666b9gf.png

I also had 242 bow strings, 75 herbs (of one kind), 80 raw lobsters and 76 wildblood seeds - all of those being more than the knowledgedatabase state.

And... 6 silver bars - which is less than minimum stated.

Details are here.

i got 9 bowstrings :( :? :( thats not what they said but waaaay less and not nice

owya and u can use darklight on juvenates

I was once at the airport with my friends in California, had to go "potty" really bad, and just pissed my pants in the middle of the terminal. (All the cool kids piss in their pants, right?)

loledit.jpg

barrows loot: lost count

daga king loot: lost count :p

just got over 150 silver bars. jagex relley need to think before they give out info

Barrows drops to date: ahrim's skirt, hood and top x 5. Dharoks legs top x 2 and helm. Guthan's legs and plate. torags plate x 2. verc's flail skirt brassard x 2. karil's x bow coif and top

1st d drop 03/03/06 d med in barrows

Apart from the fact I didn't have pics my guide was better, well I think it was. Mine was much more inclusive

Ok I have used the middle route about 20 times and have got:

400+ silver

500+ coal and iron

A fishing tome(that was blue and gave 7k xp...I do realise that sounds impossible but there you are)

1 Giant Snail Shell(Im only lvl 76 and it is currently useless and in the future if it becomes usefull there is no other players to steal it from you)

23 Snake skins

(more than 1 trip)

You do only need:

An axe for the bridge

A knife for the bog

A Silver weapon

I took:

10 potatoes with cheese

A knife

A sickel

A Drag hally(good for Ghasts and Snakes)

The Gallhammer(thing, which is really useless and I just ran away from the shades because it was easier)

A Rune Axe

A Rod of Ivain(I never used it)

2 guthix of Balance(4 dose)

That was it really.

Once the mini-game is complete go to behind the bar in Canifis, open trapdoor go to the fathest exit, board the boat, arive in mortton walk to the village, then bank the token, then start over.

Average time to complete 2nd route: 7 minutes

Snakes: Get them all into one space then place your other in the middle, then D hally(doesn't attack your friend, if it does then get them down to run away HP then they should attempt to get away)

Snails: Protect from range and Kill in best way to suit you( trap your friend where they can't kill them)

Shades: Run because the start point is just there, or use protect from and hit and hope

Ghasts: use what is on the floor or friend to block them while using hally

Vamps: use your Darklight

Sea monster: Kill with food and maybe prayer: go after the tentecals first: then the head(unsure)

Swamp: Use knife with bush next to the swamp then :Use sticks(that you just got) to test the ground (or just go until you fall in) and record where to go(changes event to event)

River: Use knife with tree with vines(three times) use the short ropes togehter: then use with the tree with the long branch: then cross

Bridge: Cut down 3 of the dead trees(axe from Zombie or otherwise): then equipt the axe(unless you have hammer in inventory, not recommended because it takes up space, and weight): then use the logs with the bridge's gap.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

The ghasts on the trekks doesnt seem to give prayer exp when killed as the "normal" Mort Myre ghasts do. Is this a bug - or is it intentional do you think.

To me it would make sense if they gave prayer exp in relation to their level.

Gugge.png

Moly.png