making the most of a month of p2p

bchaney

hey guys, i've played runescape off and on for years now, and am finally thinking of trying out p2p. so, before i subscribe, i wanted to find out from some members how to take advantage of the p2p world.

my current char is a pure, i've only been training mining, ranged, str, and att. i plan on ranging blue dragons as i hear it's profitable (more than mining rune?). are there any ways to get more ranged xp per hour in p2p? i also plan on training agility as it will benefit me in free worlds too.

other than that, i have no idea what to do in the uncharted (to me) p2p world. hopefully you wise and all-knowing members can show me the way.

thanks in advance for any help.

bchaney : 78 strength, 91 range, 85 mining.

bowl1sv.gif

are u sure its been 7 years, cause rs started 5 years ago i hear. then again im not too sure so mabey im wrong. Anyway, the best thing to do is do as many quests as you can, which unlock a bunch of the weapons and areas you need at your level. Oh and start training magic if ur gonna be a pure. You will earn tons of money like this. Oh btw, train fletching till 70 to be able to make yew longs for profit.

aright sorry ppl, i thought it was 7 years. my cousin showed me rs when there were like 2 servers and you could be a pk char or not. the best armor was addy with mith plate and there were no banks. im sure its been at least 5 years, since i played when i was in 8th grade and now i'm a sophmore in college.

edit: runescape was opened to the public in jan. 2001, so it's been around for 5 years.

sorry for exagerating a bit, but that's really not the point of the post anyway.

bowl1sv.gif

I think it's a bit hard for an f2p to imagine ways to make p2p version profitable, because there is soo many ways. But seriously, p2p is worth that 5$ a month, more than worth it. There is a ton of things to make money with, just become p2p, and experience things, you'll find out a ton of new things to do.

2480+ total

thanks for the help guys, a couple of my questions weren't answered yet, however. let me clarify them;

about how much money can i make per hour ranging blue dragons and collecting their hides? how much is each hide worth? what about other monsters that drop items (and can be ranged from a safe distance)?

as far as quests, which ones can i do considering my lack of skill diversity [combat (1 def), ranged, and mining]? do i need to do a quest to play in castle wars?

thanks again.

bowl1sv.gif

Runescape members just have tons more places to go and more monsters to kill so it will definitely make things more fun and btw he has benn playin since 7 years, runescape beta was open in 1999 and it was properlly opened in 2001 so you guys are wrong, sorry dudes. :twisted:

Just make sure you know that agil does NOT help in non-members.

i read somwhere that the effect of increased energy recovery did get carried over into F2P

yes thats true...

i think mining rune in the hero's guild is the best way of making money ( world hopping ofcourse), check tip.it's guild guide for more info :wink:

The main way that people...'get'...money is through getting items and trading with players that actually do the work. Most people will tell you this is how to make money... I is not you are are just shifting money around.

If you are gonna only have a month then train agility. Mining rune is not really worth it unless you like switching worlds alot. Blue dragons are good to train on and their hides are usefull. But green dragon's hide can be made and sold on non-members so you will probarly get more money that way. Making food is a good way to get money.

When it comes down to it though...about 90% of all money 'made' on rs, is through fletching yew bows and alching them.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

if you gonna kill blue dragons for there hides ill buy them....

i normally get mine for 1.5k-1.8k.....

agility is a good thing to train you need it for tons of hard/good quests (mournings end p.2 :lol: )

plus good range exp....if your high enough in range you can kill black dragons or black demons too but i would stay at blue dragon untill your at least 70

castle wars is OK but you need to many tickets for the stuff so i almost never go there....duel arena is a pures paradise...if you look like you have low combat and then challenge a high lvl they would think you easy kill and beat alot then you kill them with high lvl mage or range :lol:

1335752yv6.gif

[]*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè) ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâô (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*______Now Look Down

The%20Offical%20Pharaoh%20of%20Tip.it.png

train non-combat skills (agility, Herblore, Fletching, Slayer, Farming)

slayer is pretty much a combat skill

though it doesn't add to the combat lvl with its lvl

weeee.gif

Sorry for the off-topicness, but is that the god for Pastafarians? I've heard so much about these cultists/teenagers/people

Train your agility. It will be the most useful p2p skill that translates back into f2p.

Just fyi I buy green hides 1.5k ea, blue 2k ea, and d bones 2.5k ea. You can get better prices than that especially in bulk.

Have fun you will love it. :wink:

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

Does agility make a difference on free servers/Worlds?

Yes, your agility level will affect your run energy recovery rate on free servers.

I would train agility as much as you can stand to - 40 or so makes a huge difference.

Beyong that, use the opportunity to train up f2p skills with things you can't normally reach, whether that's mithril & coal, maples, high hitpoint monsters, fishing near a bank, abyss rcing..., or just law running lol.

I don't think the other p2p skills will make you much money in the time.

RS1600.png

Just for you information, I began my p2p career planning on only 1 month also, but i just don't see how anyone who has played p2p at all can downgrade again. If i downgraded it would probably mean im quitting. Good luck on only playing a month.

Mining rune is still more profitable then killing blue dragons. The rocks in wildy are pretty much isolated, except for a pker and a miner here and there. If you try to mine in Hero's guild, I wish out good luck :wink: