Wow... Microsoft has failed me... be wary of xbox live use.

dru89

[22] I call Shenanigans on Microsoft...

[22] what for now?

[22] Cruiser... I cancel xbox live right?

[22] yar

[22] Keep in mind I have a 2 month free while I'm talking to this lady tonight...

[22] I canceled it the other night.

[22] THEY CHARGED ME after I cancel it.

[22] :|

[22] They say it went into their records the night before I cancelled.

[22] It never went into my records until AFTER I cancel it.

[22] PLUS it SHOULD be FREE :P

[22] And when confronted on all the evidence... she simply says "There is nothing we can do"

[22] Hows that, Cruiser? :P

[22] lol

[22] * Dru89 curses the name Microsoft and spits on their logo.

[22] lol

[22] Worst part is Cruiser, that my bank account didn't have enough to pay for it... which was the reason I cancelled it.

[22] So I am now in the negatives like 36 dollars.

[22] :|

[22] Cuz they fined me for not being able to pay for it.

[22] I'm like OMG...

[22] is that not insane?

Yup... That was in IRC... but Microsoft has failed me... and I don't ever plan to use xbox live again now... Just a friendly warning to those of you wishing to cancel or join... o.O

Guest GhostRanger
If you cancelled it that soon, then you have good reason to get a refund and get a reverse charge on your card

If not, tell your friend to dispute the charge with his credit card company.

If you read the T&S it probably says something like you have tyo cancel before a certain date or you pay the next month. You cant cancel on the 30th of a month and not expect to be charged for the month after if a company has a cancelling policy.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

So wait, this was at the end of your 2 months free - or after like a month of it or something?

I believe most cancelations take about a week to process. (5 working days).

Doesn't matter what it's for.

What I found most suprising is that you've gone so long before Microsoft has failed you.

Word stealer :(

Any company's customer support > Microsoft Customer Support.

I once bought a magazine with a free CD, it was scratched so I sent it back for a new one. It came back the next day.

I e-mailed Microsoft about a question. I didn't get a reply til the next week.

knkcopy.jpg

Microsoft billed me a few days before my live subscription was up. I decided I wanted to cancel the service, so I rang up and got the charge refunded. Maybe you should ring them up and explain whatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s going on; they are more then helpful with these kinds of things.

So wait, this was at the end of your 2 months free - or after like a month of it or something?

I believe most cancelations take about a week to process. (5 working days).

Doesn't matter what it's for.

To answer this question... I had just STARTED a supposed 2 month free after the end of my free 3 month... Got a confirmation email and everything...

Microsoft billed me a few days before my live subscription was up. I decided I wanted to cancel the service, so I rang up and got the charge refunded. Maybe you should ring them up and explain whatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s going on; they are more then helpful with these kinds of things.

As a reply to you... I explained everything and she simply said "I'm sorry I don't believe I can help you."

My dad believes I should have spoken with the manager...

and THEN taken it all the way to Bill Gates if need be ;)...

I'm just not very happy with microsoft customer support but then again... most people aren't happy with microsoft...

And yes... I have had them indirectly fail me bubsa ;) (points towards WindowsMe) but I have never had them just plain out directly fail me... wow... Plus the lady took 20 minutes of hold time to reach... and five minutes after I called (okay I'm gonna have to put you on hold) :S

Um...let me tell you rofl, I know all of this from experience. I am a pretty avid Halo 2 player...have my main account like legit 35 and rising, and then had about 3 other 2 month accounts....Guess who forgot to cancel the 2 months...oh yeah, me. I had to call CS and have them remove 4 accounts from my credit card bill last time because of me and my brother's accounts. They will be able to refund it, just call them back. Hehe the guy we talked to found it funny actually that we forgot to cancel 4 accounts...

Noproblem22.png

To answer this question... I had just STARTED a supposed 2 month free after the end of my free 3 month... Got a confirmation email and everything...
Ok, now that's just dodge. Call them up again and try again :-?

As a reply to you... I explained everything and she simply said "I'm sorry I don't believe I can help you."

Like me and the other guy said, they can refund your money; you arenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t assertive enough. Don't take no for an answer and keep assuring them that it's not your fault/their fault. They arenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t different from any other company; if you arenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t assertive enough you are going to get fobbed off. Good luck.

Like me and the other guy said, they can refund your money; you arenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t assertive enough. Don't take no for an answer and keep assuring them that it's not your fault/their fault. They arenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t different from any other company; if you arenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t assertive enough you are going to get fobbed off. Good luck.

Heh, it reminds me of something I heard a while back about help desk service

The first time they ask for something: Say no

The second time they ask for it: Say no and tell them why

The third time they ask for it: Give them what they want

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

that is why i have an XDK (Xbox Delevopment Kit)

;) free GT's anyone :P muahah!

im such a hacker ... really though... it wasnt that hard finding an XDK, i knew were to look and had some insider help.

that is why i have an XDK (Xbox Delevopment Kit)

;) free GT's anyone :P muahah!

im such a hacker ... really though... it wasnt that hard finding an XDK, i knew were to look and had some insider help.

Yeah google found it pretty easily for me too :roll:

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

xbox is crap overall, ps3 will become the over lord of the gaming industy

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

Microsoft failed me about 5 Windows bug-fix patches ago...

So you're on Linux/BSD/Solaris now, right? Or on a Mac? Please?

All these people hating Microsoft and then not backing it up. Tsk.

Guest GhostRanger
Microsoft failed me about 5 Windows bug-fix patches ago...

So you're on Linux/BSD/Solaris now, right? Or on a Mac? Please?

All these people hating Microsoft and then not backing it up. Tsk.

Not backing it up? I happen to be running on the fall 2004 edition of the iBook. :P Macintosh ftw!