"My Main has XYZ"

tefda

We all have seen them. Occasionally whilst cutting trees, whilst mining ore in the mining guild, whilst fishing in Karamja. They are the ones who are saying "My main has lvl 90 woodcut" when people ask for their current levels.

Does anyone out there do this? More importantly is it true? Is there a large number of players who go off onto lower leveled characters and level up there and seemingly brag about having a character who has a high level in a skill?

I don't want to insult you by calling it bragging, but it's close to what I'm trying to express. Really I'm just trying to determine whether or not people are compelled to tell others about their higher leveled characters or do you stand by silently and let others take the "glory" of being the highest leveled (in a certain skill) character.

Personally i find ppl who talk about mains are usually jus BSing, except for the rare occasion that they are able to back it up by actually logging on as it.

But would you go out of your way to log out of your current character and then log back in on your main character? It makes sense that someone would refuse to "prove" it by logging onto that character just to prove your point.

Lol, good one ^^ :D

Once I was mining in the guild and this guy asks mining lvls. I tell him 68 and he says his main has 85. I tell him to bring his main here so he logged out and never returned.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Once I was mining in the guild and this guy asks mining lvls. I tell him 68 and he says his main has 85. I tell him to bring his main here so he logged out and never returned.

DUN DUN DUN!

I don't understand when a person is "bragging" about something that they don't have. Why even do it? It's not like the opinion of one random person across the world even matters to you in your day to day life.

whenever i get bored, i run arround an a lvl 4 account doing stupid stuff.....once a lvl 39 called me noob so i said "wanna fight me? my main is lvl 65?"

he said yeah right, so i logged out, logged in as megadedhed, we went to the wild, he kept insulting me telling me "im a noob", he attacked me and died in 2 hits :lol:

Megadedhed.jpeg

Sigs made by Runemetsa, Nuzza, Dark_Shadow, Kuroi and Me.

liquid blobs attacking eachother

American Anime... YAY!

If it's true, people have a right to brag about their achievements. :)

If it's fictional, don't even bother. Either way, they won't believe you, so just deal with the character you're currently playing having not-as-good stats as your "main".

My main is Duke Freedom!

Oh wait.. That's true. :oops:

Uh no, in many cases, people who claim to have a level xyz main don't have a level xyz main.

Ask for their main's rsn. I do that. Of course, if they say "zezima", they're lying.

Yeah they've gotta be ain't they, cos we KNOW zezima only has one name don't we? Who is he again, I forgot.

I do that rarely. But I usually just say the level of the character i'm on. I only start telling them spoofers levels if they start bragging and showing off :P

But i never tell them i have a level that i dont actually have.

35b9enp.jpg

The funniest situatiuon was when I was on my noobling training and someone claimed thier main was me (Mullein)

I didn't say anything I just logged out and brought Mullein on...

All I said was...I am here to tell you that you are not me...I am the only me there is. LOL

Got a good laugh from those in the area...

Needless to say the boaster left in a hurry. :D :roll:

mullein5me5ai.jpg

The funniest situatiuon was when I was on my noobling training and someone claimed thier main was me (Mullein)

I didn't say anything I just logged out and brought Mullein on...

All I said was...I am here to tell you that you are not me...I am the only me there is. LOL

Got a good laugh from those in the area...

Needless to say the boaster left in a hurry. :D :roll:

Mully, that's hilarious! I'm definitely going to have to remember that story.

Question on topic: Is this problem equally found on f2p and p2p, or is more on one side than the other?

I have to admit, I haven't seen this a lot myself. Lucky me, I guess. Whoopee.

We all have seen them. Occasionally whilst cutting trees, whilst mining ore in the mining guild, whilst fishing in Karamja. They are the ones who are saying "My main has lvl 90 woodcut" when people ask for their current levels.

Does anyone out there do this? More importantly is it true? Is there a large number of players who go off onto lower leveled characters and level up there and seemingly brag about having a character who has a high level in a skill?

I don't want to insult you by calling it bragging, but it's close to what I'm trying to express. Really I'm just trying to determine whether or not people are compelled to tell others about their higher leveled characters or do you stand by silently and let others take the "glory" of being the highest leveled (in a certain skill) character.

I've started a relatively new account; my "main" got banned. And so my stats are pretty...poor in comparison. So yeah, when people ask, and I say, for example "18 herblore" (lowest :P), they get an unfair representation of how long I've played, et cetra.

I'm Jake Milroy

If i play on my lv 3 noob and someone asks my wc level, i usually say "65, but 99 on main." I usually have Uular located at the place I'm cutting at, so if they don't believe me, i just log out and on again, on Uular. Simple :lol:

Uula.png

It like having the sticker on your car which reads "My other car is a Ferrai".

Proveth?

next time u quote a ferrari spell it correctly, and spell proof correctly,

I agree with your point of sayin your mains stats, especially when they say ' my main wud wup u'when your account is better than theirs

Question on topic: Is this problem equally found on f2p and p2p, or is more on one side than the other?

I have to admit, I haven't seen this a lot myself. Lucky me, I guess. Whoopee.

I've been playing F2P for now and this is where all my information coming from. But logicing it out I would say it must be mostly on F2P because when you've got a P2P character it generally is your "Main" so you wouldn't need to brag about your current characters stats (although many people do).

But please someone correct me if I'm wrong. I also wonder if you (previously "we") P2Per's get the occasional braggart or not.

Personally i find ppl who talk about mains are usually jus BSing, except for the rare occasion that they are able to back it up by actually logging on as it.

But would you go out of your way to log out of your current character and then log back in on your main character? It makes sense that someone would refuse to "prove" it by logging onto that character just to prove your point.

when I play on my noob on f2p killing cows or something, I will talk about my main sometimes (when having conversations with real new players or something) I will log out and log in on my main and show them, I usually also give them a present (if they have been kind) while on my main.

edit: lmao @ Mully!

Call me Kat, or Kathy Corkat